Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    You're having trouble with the 3rd/4th set of small adds I'm assuming, but by then AT LEAST 4 DPS should be on those, not just your ranged.

I'm a mage, and to be honest when I went as frost it was hard because my DPS was low and I was supposed to duo the small adds with a Hunter, but if the add puddles aren't straight they'll go all over the place and my freeze moves wouldn't work well.

I'd say to make your mages go one arcane and one fire. Fire should help with adds immensely and Arcane will be able to help with the adds with Blizzard, and still do good single target DPS against ChoGall.

If you could have posted a World of Logs that would have been nice lol.

Deleted
    If you get more then 4 adds with 5 dd, your DPS sucks.
    We're a pretty casual guild when it comes to raiding, and downed him in our 5th attempt ever (we didn't have time to try him due to changing setups every weak, having to explain the same things over and over to new people), with the 4th add just spawning seconds before phase 2. Playing with 3 healers that is.

OP, 3 ranged casters should easily be able to handle up to 3 waves, just don't let your mages play arcane on this fight unless you have other ranges that kill the adds.
    (One frost can help with slows, frost is actually quite good at singletarget for the rest of the fight)

Deleted
    Why is one of your mages being frost to begin with? Do you enjoy carrying people?

Make them go fire. We did him on heroic 2 weeks ago on 10m, without either a hunter, frost dk or boomkin. Just had our resto shaman go ele, using earthbind ofc, and had him, fire mage, and lock aoe the ads.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    You're having trouble with the 3rd/4th set of small adds I'm assuming, but by then AT LEAST 4 DPS should be on those, not just your ranged.
    No, only ranged may dps the small ads. They have an aura which increases corruption on anyone near them, so a melee would get owned.

Deleted
    How does a 2 healer set up work? Does one stay on Cho'gall and 1 on the off tank during the big add phase?

Quote Originally Posted by Burnzhandofadal View Post
    They would have like, zero snares if both mages went fire, aside from blast wave I suppose.
    2x Blastwave
    2x Frostnova
    2x Dragon's Breath
    And for the last two waves each a Ring of Frost

Added to this, Firemages make rupting the MC's really easy (a single firemage can rupt all Mind Controls most of
    the time, using Dragon's Breath + Counterspell - two firemages means they are rupted really fast).

Also Firemages are very nice for P2 - Dot-spreading from Cho'gall to tentacles... especially when one has combustion
    ready in last phase (dragging him to the throne, killing/rupting first tentacle-wave single-target, then dot-spreading+flamestrike at the throne) the tentacles die really fast.

Also the Shaman could put down a totem for the add phase.
    Last edited by MagicSN; 2011-06-08 at 11:22 AM.

Deleted
    Well you have 2 mages and 1 warlock how these adds will be hard
    Use frost mage for adds control

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlo View Post
    How does a 2 healer set up work? Does one stay on Cho'gall and 1 on the off tank during the big add phase?
    one helaer stays on the chogall tank, the other throws the addtank a hot/shield once in a while but mainly heals the chogall tank.

@ op: try two healing:
    + youll be pushing to p2 earlier with less adds + if your shaman goes elemental, he can push adds back with thunderstorm and can slow + root them.

in your setup ild go with 2 fire mages and a destro warlock. fire mages are awesome in interrupting and aoe dmg and the destruction warlock is a free win in p2 as he can interrupt almost all adds at once with shadowfury.
    just have your shaman drop earthbind totem. maybe even specced into earths grasp and you should be fine.

If you really want to lol at the encounter have one of your Fire Mages get full Corruption, use Mage Armor and have a Disc Priest keep him constantly Shielded. Have them spam Pyroblast. We did this for the first time last night and only had to kill two adds (pushed Cho while the third add was up, causing it to despawn).

This was with three healers.