Deleted

Single target dps as orc bm

I don't know if there's already a thread about it but anyway.

Like the topic says: is it possible that the Single target dps as an orc bm (+5% extra PET dmg) is higher than the Marksman dps?

Sorry for my bad english in advance.
    /discuss

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd highly doubt it that that 5% pet damage would generate enough DPS from the difference between Bm and MM.

Suppose the only way to find out is to test it . Or sim it :P.

Google "Warcraft Hunters Union" it's a hunter website I can't link it because I dont have enough posts BUT read every single page on this website and check for updates. This is the single best hunter resource period.

they run tests all the time on every change to inform us hunters of what statistically through testing is proven to be the superior numbers. It blows my mind how much time and effort Frostheim puts into his site and the validity of al the data

Well, i have tested out BM dps on nearly all Heroic 25 man fights just for shits and found out that the difference between MM and BM really isn't that large. I actually beat one of the other hunter's dps in my guild on Chimeron HC as BM when he was MM. The other fights i was close or above his dps like on Maloriak also because with BW up on the oozes makes a lot of dmg.
    Here is the logs for that night: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-99uivo24k78yus0u/

Deleted
    Its just because its 5% additional dmg on sic'em

BM will come out on top on Chimeron because your pet doesn't get the Chance to Hit debuff, so he doesn't miss. Since the pet is a huge source of BM's damage, it pulls ahead on that fight. On that same note, and Unholy DK and Demo Lock could probably even pull ahead of others too - that is if the DK remembers to take Unholy Frenzy off his bars before the fight. Maybe even a frost mage...not sure how they are in PVE, and how much of their damage actually comes from their pet....
    Last edited by Ztup; 2011-06-06 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ztup View Post
    BM will come out on top on Chimeron....
    Welcome to MMO champ

OT: I've found that BM and MM can stay relitively close if your pet agrees with you. That is, when the boss doesn't move to much or have a flight phase or anything crazy. The problem is, everytime the boss moves, your pet lags a little behind just out of range of kill command, so you lose dps.

EDIT: ok, to address the OP. I dont think the 5% damage increase matters as much as the fight you're in. I've beaten our MM hunter as BM on certain fights.
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS