Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    I honestly have no fucking clue what all but the last are. I guess I would have to live in England to know the difference. Ohh, BTW its spelled color, not "Coulor" Windows is even bitching at me to change it.
    I think you will find we spell 'Colour', not 'Coulor' :P

---------- Post added 2011-06-06 at 03:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by alms1407 View Post
    I wish I had an upper class British accent, instead I'm cursed with this disgusting Liverpudlian accent. I can suppress it however at times when I'm relaxed I forget myself and the accent slips through.
    I feel sorry for you, I'm from the West Midlands, but surprisingly I do not have the accent in the slightest, I basically have the generic British accent.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ContentsMayVary View Post
    Brits find European accents sexy. Or Scandinavian.
    And I, as a Swede, find Scandinavian accents absolutely horrible. I cringe every time I hear someone with a strong Swedish accent speak English. I prefer British accents over anything else. Guess it really comes down to where you're from.

Also,
    The Americans and Canadians don't have accents. =P
    What? There are dozens of extremely different and distinguishable American accents, more than in any other country I know of. Not to mention that none of them sound anything like any accent from any other country in the world.
    Or were you being ironic, and I just missed it completely?

Edit: Well, look at me being stupid. My apologies.
    Last edited by lzsg; 2011-06-06 at 02:44 PM.
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackspur View Post
    I think you will find we spell 'Colour', not 'Coulor' :P
    Touche. I have failed miserably. *Hangs head in disgrace*

Quote Originally Posted by palpableimmunity View Post
    because the Caucasians sound the same on both sides of the border.
    Please don't say Caucasian for white people.

Deleted
    I honestly have no fucking clue what all but the last are. I guess I would have to live in England to know the difference. Ohh, BTW its spelled color, not "Coulor" Windows is even bitching at me to change it.

---------- Post added 2011-06-06 at 03:39 PM ----------

I was being sarcastic mate. Hence the "=P"
    It is "colour", not our fault you guys tried to rewrite the language. Do not forget, we had it first

10+ Year Old Account
    Touche. I have failed miserably. *Hangs head in disgrace*
    Don't you be using French in this here thread. We are American's and Brit's, I think we can all agree on the hatred for the French (Disclaimer, is don't actually hate the French)

Did anyone watch the video? I did...I swear to go a lot of those sound effects are in WoW....mainly when the girl gets on the dragon, the sounds from the dragon sound like a nightsaber mount.

Deleted
    Be happy you guys aren't from germany, our english sounds terrible
    German is a waaaaay too "neutral/steril/boring/etc." language (at least the more understandable german), which makes a lot of germans sound terrible when trying to speak other languages. No "feeling" at all... just plain reading words :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zox View Post
    Please don't say Caucasian for white people.
    It's the more PC way of saying 'white people', such as African-American is the more PC way of saying Black people descended from Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by lzsg View Post
    And I, as a Swede, find Scandinavian accents absolutely horrible. I cringe every time I hear someone with a strong Swedish accent speak English. I prefer British accents over anything else. Guess it really comes down to where you're from.

Also,

What? There are dozens of extremely different and distinguishable American accents, more than in any other country I know of. Not to mention that none of them sound anything like any accent from any other country in the world.
    Or were you being ironic, and I just missed it completely?
    You missed it =)

OT:
    I like Scandinavian accents, they seem Nordic and different.

10+ Year Old Account
    got a Yorkshire accent but wish i had an American accent they sound so funny :P

Quote Originally Posted by Blackspur View Post
    It's the more PC way of saying 'white people', such as African-American is the more PC way of saying Black people descended from Africa.
    I know. It's also terribly wrong and inaccurate. And I despise PC talk...

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    got a Yorkshire accent but wish i had an American accent they sound so funny :P

Funny? What?

BTW, wtf is this guy in the video talking about? I am lost. Brits...

Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    I'm sure the brits think exactly the opposite.
    No, we don't. We think American accents sound ridiculous and slightly "stupid".

---------- Post added 2011-06-06 at 03:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    Actually, very few brits find the American accent sexy, we love the eastern European accents though.
    Correct. I like Swedish female (not exactly eastern), Greek/Italian. Russia is too far east though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the classic story-telling voice. Probably evokes feelings of childhood nostalgia and and sweeps you away with long lost feelings of fantasy and whimsy.
    "The truth, my goal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    No, we don't. We think American accents sound ridiculous and slightly "stupid".

---------- Post added 2011-06-06 at 03:51 PM ----------

Correct. I like Swedish female (not exactly eastern), Greek/Italian. Russia is too far east though.
    Another person from the UK labeling me stupid =(

I am tempted to sig that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    Anyone that says they do not have an accent needs to travel more, everyone has one. My own accent is a nightmare to trace. i grew up as an army brat so it is a mix of upper class (Queens), West midlands and portsmouth, with a tint of irish.
    lmao, so like... Cal Lightman in Lie to Me? (Tim Roth)
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Funny? What?

BTW, wtf is this guy in the video talking about? I am lost. Brits...
    Michael Mcintyre is hilarious but being American you probably won't understand British comedy, he is basically making fun of the Yorkshire accent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it that the majority of Americans you see on tv always say they can't understand us yet we can understand them :s

Quote Originally Posted by alms1407 View Post
    I wish I had an upper class British accent, instead I'm cursed with this disgusting Liverpudlian accent. I can suppress it however at times when I'm relaxed I forget myself and the accent slips through.
    Made me lol. I have queens with slight hint of the westcountry.