Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Take the piss out of the french too. Normally respect the germans.
    the french are fair game, whilst the germans make good cars so I can agree

Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    That the idiot with that offensive puppet? I did 2 tours of Afghanistan, i do not find that funny at all. This is a classic example of why people do not get American Humour.
    Don't be so touchy over it. It is pretty funny, if a little racist but a lot of comedians especially the delightful sarcastic ones (lookin' at you, Jimmy) incorporate some form of racism into their act. It's more the way they do it to seem entertaining rather than the actual content, it's not like they're being too offensive or even hurting anyone.

Also, even though I'm British, I hate most accents here except maybe Brummie. However, we have an Irish guy in our guild with the strongest Irish accent I've ever heard, It's bloody brilliant. Also, South African accents are by a long shot, the best accent that ever existed.
    Last edited by Sápphh; 2011-06-06 at 03:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    SOFTWARE VERSIONS SOMETIMES SKIP NUMBERS. THANK YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by lammypie View Post
    the french are fair game, whilst the germans make good cars so I can agree
    Don't mess with the French. They are better than American born "Mexicans"

I fucking hate that shit.

do you mean Latino residents of the USA?

That the idiot with that offensive puppet? I did 2 tours of Afghanistan, i do not find that funny at all. This is a classic example of why people do not get American Humour.
    You mean Achmed?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1aSMhAAWg8&feature=fvst

It has nothing to do with offending someone. It is just poking fun at something obvious that nobody talks about.

If you take comedy seriously than you miss the point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sápphh View Post
    Don't be so touchy over it. It is pretty funny, if a little racist but a lot of comedians especially the delightful sarcastic ones (lookin' at you, Jimmy) incorporate some form of racism into their act. It's more the way they do it to seem entertaining rather than the actual content, it's not like they're being too offensive or even hurting anyone.

Also, even though I'm British, I hate most accents here except maybe Brummie. However, we have an Irish guy in our guild with the strongest Irish accent I've ever heard, It's bloody brilliant. Also, South African accents are by a long shot, the best accent that ever existed.
    Thats the guy with the dead terrorist puppet, i have every reason to be touchy about it. I lost good friends out there, i do not need him making jokes of the war.

Quote Originally Posted by lammypie View Post
    do you mean Latino residents of the USA?
    No, the Americans that say they are "mexican" and wont even stand for the flag. If they dont want to be here than GTFO. I have no problem with Hispanic American who are proud to be a part of this country.

---------- Post added 2011-06-06 at 04:18 PM ----------

Thats the guy with the dead terrorist puppet, i have every reason to be touchy about it. I lost good friends out there, i do not need him making jokes of the war.
    Ne never jokes about the war. I believe you are miss informed.

The US has lost more in this was than anybody else. We would be the last to joke about it.

If it reminds you of things you'd wish not to be reminded of, just don't watch it if you really can't get past it. It has nothing to do with you, your friends, the war etc, he mostly just pokes fun at a stereotypical 'terrorist' and should definitely not be taken seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    SOFTWARE VERSIONS SOMETIMES SKIP NUMBERS. THANK YOU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok I think this thread needs to be locked, it's dissolving into something it wasn't supposed to be.

IS the Dude making jokes of the war or a group fighting within the war? Keep in mind that because of people who get their panties in a bunch over something as small as one of his ruitines he actually becomes more entertaining to others.

Skimming through this thread, some keywords that struck me:

Accent
    Offensive
    Comedian

One man came to mind: Frankie Boyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackspur View Post
    Ok I think this thread needs to be locked, it's dissolving into something it wasn't supposed to be.
    I think you might be correct unless it all just ends here.

OT:
    I find accents from places in the UK to be better than the average Cali accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kXOg23pGeA

I can move to Dane Cook if you get that video.
    Hi, I'm American. Please don't ever label me by this nation's silly love for people like Dane Cook. I believe the problem with the classic "American" stereotype is that we do have an abundance of idiots; however, most countries do have a pretty hefty population of idiots...we just seem to be more keen on making our idiocy public. Also, please note that I disavow any relation to about 95% of the people living in the southern US.

I enjoy British humor, sport, and people...just not enough money to move across the pond yet. =(

Rathalir Emberlight of the Crystal Desert realm

Quote Originally Posted by Vekrah View Post
    Hi, I'm American. Please don't ever label me by this nation's silly love for people like Dane Cook. I believe the problem with the classic "American" stereotype is that we do have an abundance of idiots; however, most countries do have a pretty hefty population of idiots...we just seem to be more keen on making our idiocy public. Also, please note that I disavow any relation to about 95% of the people living in the southern US.

I enjoy British humor, sport, and people...just not enough money to move across the pond yet. =(
    Then get out. I find all other cultures to be equally awesome, but I will never treat my nation as if it were crap. It is like turning 18 slapping your mother and calling her a slut.

America is just full of people who are open to share their stupidity or hatred. We just leave our laundry in the wind and nobody else does. People in the southern US are good people, they have just been labeled by Yanks in a bad manor.

I think i speak the queens english (its hard to tell because to me my voice just sounds normal)

I love american accents on girls really sexy and Russian accents on girls especially when they say this line.. (you naughty boy) I won't go into details lol
    German accents (every time they speak its as if thay are angry hehe)

The french accent annoys me because it comes accross smug even when they don't mean to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sápphh View Post

WoW that is a first, most use brummie as a good one to take the piss out of because it sounds very cumbersome and idiotic lmao

And liverpool ones normally taken the piss out of because of the aggressive chavvy nature.

Westcountry ones taken the piss out of because of stupid inaudible farmers, propar jawb.

etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?