Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by hrensgory View Post
    As for me, the biggest fun killing happened when they hot-nerfed DL. Soul Swap nerf is annoying as hell, but I think that when most of raiding warlocks drop this talent point in favor of utility talent, then Blizzard will do some changes in mechanics of Soul Swap to make it attractive again.
    With the Drain Spec - funny part is that due to insane scaling of drain spec, it will became the best spec again at the end of 4.2 and if Blizzard will continue keeping the attitude (like "believe me, you will be using Shadow Bolt..." bullshit from GC) - we will just see even more nerfs to Drain Life
    Dont worry, they´ll just hotfix it so that DL is excluded from the dot-list so it doesnt benefit from Haunt or SE, and accidentally include Drain Soul in the hotfix, and then make us wait until the next major patch until they fix DS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geomatician View Post
    Sorry for the ignorance but I honestly don't get your point.

We have a glyph that allows us to keep our dots on the target while putting them onto another target thus making soul swap a multi target ability instead of target switching. This change from 15s to 30s cd makes the glyph almost useless.

So without the glyph the mechanic works exactly like you said but they implemented a glyph and now have almost reversed their idea of the glyph entirely.

Could you explain again exactly what you mean? Sorry long night of work last night and brain isn't functioning too well atm.
    what i mean was that warlocks used to be horrendous at target switches. they had to redirect their demon, reapply all dots and often even stack a debuff (shadow embrace, burning embers, shadow and flame). soul swap changed this, at least for affliction, in a minor way, since you now can simply move your DoTs. however, this clears the debuffs on the boss again, requiring you to recast them afterwards, or reuse soul swap.

the glyph reduced that problem, by allowing you to keep your existing DoTs on the boss while still being able to easily switch to the add. it was not the designer's intent for glyphed soul swap to be used on CD for fights with 2 targets. their intent (as implied by GC on http://www.wowblues.com/us/what-warl...435494804.html, somewhere at the bottom of the page) was for soul swap to be used on a near death target during leveling so you could reapply your dots on the next target, or in similar situations during PvE and PvP. the glyph would then add a small CD so your dots could finish the enemy while leveling.

however, people now use it for multidotting, which was not the intent of the developers. their intent was for glyphed soul swap to be used on adds and target switches, so you could switch to the target easier. you should view it as a redirect for your dots with the glyph leaving them behind as well, not as a pestilence that swaps around your DoTs.

there is no fight currently where adds spawn more often than every 30 seconds. and adds is where glyphed soul swap was intended for. multidotting should be a bit harder than simply pressing 2 buttons every 15 seconds. and for AoE, you use SoC.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    what i mean was that warlocks used to be horrendous at target switches. they had to redirect their demon, reapply all dots and often even stack a debuff (shadow embrace, burning embers, shadow and flame). soul swap changed this, at least for affliction, in a minor way, since you now can simply move your DoTs. however, this clears the debuffs on the boss again, requiring you to recast them afterwards, or reuse soul swap.

the glyph reduced that problem, by allowing you to keep your existing DoTs on the boss while still being able to easily switch to the add. it was not the designer's intent for glyphed soul swap to be used on CD for fights with 2 targets. their intent (as implied by GC on http://www.wowblues.com/us/what-warl...435494804.html, somewhere at the bottom of the page) was for soul swap to be used on a near death target during leveling so you could reapply your dots on the next target, or in similar situations during PvE and PvP. the glyph would then add a small CD so your dots could finish the enemy while leveling.

however, people now use it for multidotting, which was not the intent of the developers. their intent was for glyphed soul swap to be used on adds and target switches, so you could switch to the target easier. you should view it as a redirect for your dots with the glyph leaving them behind as well, not as a pestilence that swaps around your DoTs.

there is no fight currently where adds spawn more often than every 30 seconds. and adds is where glyphed soul swap was intended for. multidotting should be a bit harder than simply pressing 2 buttons every 15 seconds. and for AoE, you use SoC.
    CTRL - F soul swap I only found this

I would like you to also look at soul swap as its a damage loss on most encounters that require target switching due to 2 items it doesn't transfer the debuffs necessary to make it worthwhile and it only really saves a partial GCD (afflictions Bane) while removing Dots from initial target...again i like the general idea but its implementation needs some work IMO.

GC - Yep. It's not there yet, but the basic idea feels sound.
    That is the only mention of Soul Swap on that link and it doesn't say anything about the design goal of soul swap not being a multi-target mechanic.

Here's a post on wowmb around the same time which states the reasoning behind the cooldown originally

http://wowmb.net/forums/f71/40185-de..._swap_changes/

From reading that post it looked to me like they were interested in allowing you to multi-dot between two targets but didn't want you to be able to spam soul swap on every target.
    Last edited by Geomatician; 2011-06-09 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selkon View Post
    I cant believe people are like just because Warlocks are in the top teams doesnt mean there op, its pretty much the only time they are good in 3v3. Yes nerf them so there useless at everything.
    ^this
    We are only good in 3v3 because we counter healers with UA. It is healers and dispellers that are OP in PVP. If we would counter something trivial like hunter pets we wouldn't be there at all. So if we are OP in 3v3 it is because we counter something that is very powerfull not because locks bring unbalanced dps to PVP. The correct thing would be to nerf healers/dispellers that would nerf lock indirectly. This direct nerf to locks ability to spread UA is an indirect boost to dispellers. Is there anyone who thinks they need a buff?

will bane of havoc be better for 2 target fights in 4.2 now?

Deleted
    better than what? an untalented unglyphed soul swap? yes. better than manually putting your dots on your second target(s)? no

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/arena/eu-arena-pass/3v3
    There is 5 x Warlock + Shaman teams at top 10. Warlock's need a nerf, but this isnt the right way to nerf them.
    Everytime i read this kinda things....omfg...........afli pvp locks may need a nerf not ALL LOCKS!
    if you wanted to be competitive in arenas you had to play affli and because affli healing beeing op, destro is useless due to fel armor nerf.

Dont put all lock specs in the same bag please.

Sadly it looks as if blizz is trying to move us away from multi-dotting, well not just us but many of the dot based classes. At the very least it would appear that they do not want as large of a damage boost from it.

If this is in fact their intention it might be nice to see some form of compensation single target damage boost due to one of the key strengths of affliction being its multi-target. At the very least an addition to the single target rotation's complexity... because from my pov affliction only really gets fun once a second target is introduced.

There is still time for this change to be reverted though should they deem it too harsh.

Deleted
    If thewy make multidotting harder, then at the very least they should boost our single target dps. Locks aren't exactly the top dps class now, and nerfing our multidotting drops us further down compared to mages and boomkins and the like.

its not fair !... damm blizrd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ssraid View Post
    Why do some keep comparing there damage to a warrior? Warriors are gettin an 8% overall damage nerf and their 1 shot macro is gonna be gone. Warlock dots are gettin nerfed as well. Im glad they are nerfing this at least from a pvp prospective. Now just make that portal require LOS and i'll be happy. XD
    I'll agree to the portal requiring los when we can use it while stunned feared silenced etc

Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    just remove warlock from the game then blizz should be happy
    exactly so

well, 20 seconds would've been perfect imo.
    Despite this nerf, I would like to have destruction back. i miss it very badly.
    i mean, if your giving shammys elemental back, why cant we haz destruction?

That change is less annoying in PvP than in PvE...
    Guild Website - server EU-Drak'thul (Horde)
    www.impiks.cz

well, if they would nerf the affliction multi dotting damage ability it is kinda safe to say they will buff single target damage, not for affli, for destruction. I HOPE.