Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    Holy shi that's like a steal right there, my servers like 200g per pop
    i remeber when each single pyrite ore sold for 36 gold each on my serever at the start of cata

The chances of epic gems coming from pyrite cant be high. One nothing on the PTR supports this, there are no new epic cuts anywhere to be seen also. So with no new epic cuts then what you prospect a cut gem? Doubtfull since that would be the only ore that does that.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    The chances of epic gems coming from pyrite cant be high. One nothing on the PTR supports this, there are no new epic cuts anywhere to be seen also. So with no new epic cuts then what you prospect a cut gem? Doubtfull since that would be the only ore that does that.
    There will be no prospectable epic gems in 4.2, that's clear. That doesn't mean that there will be none in 4.3 or 4.4 (next raid).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tordek View Post
    Which goes back to my assertion that its going to be nonstop pulling, undercutting, and relisting the day epic gems go live. You may only post 3 at a time, but you'll still do it 15 times an hour without selling much.
    I've been doing this for years and looking at my total gold I'm pretty sure it's working just the way I want it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Leobald View Post
    There will be no prospectable epic gems in 4.2, that's clear. That doesn't mean that there will be none in 4.3 or 4.4 (next raid).
    Adding it in 4.3 would keep it on track with when epic cuts were put into Wrath. In BC you also had to have Sands of Time rep from Hyjal to get epic cuts, until they added Quel Damas towards the end of BC. So its seems 3 tiers of raiding into a xpac is they was Blizz likes to do it. True Wrath had the gems you could get from the fishing daily but those were extremely rare.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

You've got 2 possibilities:

1. The new epic gems will come from a yet-undiscovered ore and your pyrite is worthless.
    2. The new epic gems will come from pyrite.

If 1 is true, there's nothing you can do. If 2 is true, CONGRATULATIONS! You are now in a race to farm and stockpile THE SINGLE MOST heavily farmed and stockpiled commodity in the history of Azeroth. There are literally dozens of guild banks on each server full of pyrite. You think you're the only one smart enough to save up ore?

GUESS WHAT! You and everyone else is going to be trying to unload historically large supplies of gems. I predict I'll be able to chart the prices bottom out in real-time just by refreshing the AH. Say you have a maxed out guild bank with 6 tabs. Thats 588 stacks. Round it up for extra stacks in your inventory, and you have 600 stacks of pyrite. Even if you get (on average) 1 epic per stack, that still means you now have six hundred epic gems to unload. Assume an even split of colors, and you've got 100 of each color to unload. If your server has just thirty people who think like you (and on a high-pop I guarantee its more) thats three THOUSAND gems of each color hitting the auction house in a six-hour period, not counting the sudden increase in farming you're going to see as hundreds of small/casual stockpiles of gems pump thousands more into the market. Then the ore farming resumes.

I don't know if 'economic s#!tstorm' is a real term, but it will be.
    Yes, but on a high pop server there will be thousands of people buying 20 or so gems EACH all at the same time.

Most people don't have 20 sockets. I'm ilvl 359, and I only have 11 sockets aside from my meta. The listing of gems will outstrip the demand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    Holy shi that's like a steal right there, my servers like 200g per pop
    Been buying it for about 28-38g a stack for sometime. Piss cheap on my server. So even if the plan goes to pooper, it's not a big loss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nume View Post
    He is presumably talking about http://www.wowhead.com/item=52184/black-iron-ore, which is an ore that was datamined. However, there is no indication of where it will come from or what it will do, and the ilvl is the same as elementium (lower than pyrite) so it really means little.
    i wonder if it needs 8 ore per bar and needs to be smelted at a unique forge

---------- Post added 2011-06-13 at 03:04 PM ----------

Most people don't have 20 sockets. I'm ilvl 359, and I only have 11 sockets aside from my meta. The listing of gems will outstrip the demand.
    not in one spec but there are plenty of people with 30+ sockets to do average pally->
    main spec 10~ ofspec 10~ PVP gear 10~