Deleted

New hunter changes - rise of survival??

MM:
    • Wild Quiver now has a 16.8% chance to proc, up from 14.4%. Each point of Mastery increases the chance by an additional 2.1%, up from 1.8%.
    • Careful Aim now only works on targets above 90% health, up from 80%.

SURVIVAL:
    • BLACK ARROW DAMAGE HAS BEEN INCREASED BY 40%. NOW SCALES FROM 13.3% OF AP, UP FROM 9.5%.

So is Survival spec playable again or is it only drop in the ocean??

10+ Year Old Account
    it's always been playable... just not on par with MM as much.

Well it means Black Arrow no longer will be hitting like a Wet Noodle.

Survival has a lot of issues, especially with just how poorly it scales. Increasing Black Arrow DMG was a smart change, but the spec itself should be looked at if they want it to stay with BM/MM in terms of single target DPS. Explosive Shot should scale with Weapon DMG, that's about the only thing that I'd say would keep SV up, but I imagine numbers need to be run on this change before we comment too much.

Still waiting on some BM love.

With MM being toned down and this buff to survival, both specs will be much closer together dps wise. Hopefully they'll toss in a fix to BM as well to bring all 3 specs close .

and WTB dispell resistance for black arrow so i can play survival in pvp xD

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrynn View Post
    Still waiting on some BM love.
    Me too
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Careful aim nerf reduces MM dps by about 4% and SV by about 0.5 - 1% (based on data from EJ).

WQ buff adds about 1.5% back to MM dmg (16% increased procrate on ~10% of total dps).

Black arrow adds about 2.5% back to SV dmg (40% increase on 6% of total dmg done).

Gap is closed by about 4% - 4.5% in favor of SV. I still expect MM to be ahead but the margin is definitely a lot smaller.

Disclaimer: These numbers are slightly roughly estimated (and assuming 4pc t11). But they'll be close enough to the real deal. I'm also not taking into account any further discrepancies that migh occur due to scaling in next tier and t12 setbonuses.

Excellent! I love when people run the numbers on stuff like this, makes me a happy panda. TYVM bjoepie +internets
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

Deleted
    for pvp wise..
    i say give black arrow the dmg over time AND a selfheal over time the dmg it does...
    like 25/30% of the dmg it does to heal you...BAM surv saved as a pvp spec
    let explosive shot scale with weapon dmg and you got surv back on track..
    (PVP WISE)

but still mm is better for pvp but for those who like surv , those changed should be added! i mean a rogue got a selfheal..and we dont ? we got stuff with nature and beast...and we dont ? ( a class selfheal...like mend pet but then it mends yourself..) aint hard to come up with tbh ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt it, obviously going to be better comparable to MM. But it will still be below MM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    for pvp wise..
    i say give black arrow the dmg over time AND a selfheal over time the dmg it does...
    like 25/30% of the dmg it does to heal you...BAM surv saved as a pvp spec
    let explosive shot scale with weapon dmg and you got surv back on track..
    (PVP WISE)
    The problem remains at the ease with which it can be dispelled.

but still mm is better for pvp but for those who like surv , those changed should be added! i mean a rogue got a selfheal..and we dont ? we got stuff with nature and beast...and we dont ? ( a class selfheal...like mend pet but then it mends yourself..) aint hard to come up with tbh ...
    We got Chimera Shot for MM and Spirit Bond for anyone (2nd tier of BM, so any spec can get it).

Self Healing isn't the major flaw of SV in PvP.

You don't have the Burst or the Control of MM.

BM would probably out-play it. Although, you have absolutely no control, you can pull off some fun wins in 2v2 or even a 3v3 and 1v1 it's awesome.

MM will still be at the top for PvP, just so much control in that spec for PvP.

Deleted
    Pve wise this is a smart change. BA is supposed to be one of SV's main spells, yet it was outdone by Explosive trap anytime you could guarantee that all 10 ticks would get off as the trap did more damage than BA + ticked twice as much, basically giving you twice as much chance to proc LnL. I imagine the buff is in response to the CA nerf which would affect SV aswell as MM.

Happy that BA is getting buffed, was getting annoyed at firing traps all the time instead of our 31pt talent! Now if they can just increase the LnL proc rate and give ExS a gently nudge in the right direction I'd be happy.