Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got in my car, drove to the Mac store and bought one, not too much effort required, and all I gave up was some money

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have an iPad2... know what I had to give up? About 550 bucks.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would say thank you to whoever gave it to me, then put it on ebay because I'll rather have the money then a gadget I'll have no use for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing, I couldn't care less about gimmicky technology that is taking the place of real developments and breakthroughs in computer technology.

"Hey guys, we made a sub-par specced computer and put it on a slate instead of a laptop, behold the marvels of modern technology". Give me a fucking break and blow it out your ass Apple.
    "The truth, my goal."

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Absolutely nothing I'm afraid.
    Awwww, this is what I was going to say.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    Nothing, I couldn't care less about gimmicky technology that is taking the place of real developments and breakthroughs in computer technology.

"Hey guys, we made a sub-par specced computer and put it on a slate instead of a laptop, behold the marvels of modern technology". Give me a fucking break and blow it out your ass Apple.
    And people said the... same.... damn... thing... about... cellphones

"I see no use to have a phone on me at all times. If i need to make a call, why the fuck wouldn't I do it from home. Blow it out your ass nokia"

The truth of the matter is tablets are a stepping stone, and I will guarantee with utmost certainty that you will have some sort of tablet in the next 5-10 years. Any scientist who works in the computer technology area is already saying we won't even have a need for computer desks 20 years from now as no one will own a personal computer or a laptop. We will all have tablets and whatever comes after that. Tablets aren't anything special now, but you're ignorant to think they aren't a stepping stone for computer technology.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post
    "I see no use to have a phone on me at all times. If i need to make a call, why the fuck wouldn't I do it from home. Blow it out your ass nokia"
    Have you noticed that a lot of those people still don't use cellphones?

There is simply a big bunch of people that a product will never be of interest to. More importantly there has to be some beneficial purpose to tablets/iPads that normal computers or newer phones won't accomplish. There is no practical reason as of now to transition to tablets for those with either or both alternative devices, dampening that as well.

It's nowhere near the same since cellphones actually had a purpose: mobility.

10+ Year Old Account
    And people said the... same.... damn... thing... about... cellphones

The truth of the matter is tablets are a stepping stone, and I will guarantee with utmost certainty that you will have some sort of tablet in the next 5-10 years. Any scientist who works in the computer technology area is already saying we won't even have a need for computer desks 20 years from now as no one will own a personal computer or a laptop. We will all have tablets and whatever comes after that. Tablets aren't anything special now, but you're ignorant to think they aren't a stepping stone for computer technology.
    Cellphones (Or mobile phones as we call them here) filled an obvious gap. EVERYTHING else aside, the mere fact that people can call the emergency services so easily in the middle of nowhere is a testament to that. The slates are slightly more portable than laptops, and I suppose are on par with "netbooks" (sigh) as far as portability goes. I'm seeing cameras on ipods and thinking "Is this the fucking best they can come up with?". Mobile phones were an obvious breakthrough, tell me the breakthrough of the iPad - and it better be good. Trust me, I'm open to being proved wrong here, I'm just waiting for a compelling argument.
    "The truth, my goal."

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    Cellphones (Or mobile phones as we call them here) filled an obvious gap. EVERYTHING else aside, the mere fact that people can call the emergency services so easily in the middle of nowhere is a testament to that. The slates are slightly more portable than laptops, and I suppose are on par with "netbooks" (sigh) as far as portability goes. I'm seeing cameras on ipods and thinking "Is this the fucking best they can come up with?". Mobile phones were an obvious breakthrough, tell me the breakthrough of the iPad - and it better be good. Trust me, I'm open to being proved wrong here, I'm just waiting for a compelling argument.

Give it 5-10 years. Tablets will hit a point where they are efficient. Right now I want nothing to do with it, but I can see them becoming something to fill a gap that we will create, and might be a gap we don't see yet.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

What i would do for an iPad?
    I don't know, but afterwords i would sell that crap that has little to no use for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Have you noticed that a lot of those people still don't use cellphones?
    MAybe in Norway, but I don't know anyone over the age of 14 that doesn't have a cellphone here in the states. I work in a nursing home and even some of the people in their late 90's have them.

10+ Year Old Account
    nothing at all.
    All Hail Galvatron!

Lol, apple products.

MAybe in Norway, but I don't know anyone over the age of 14 that doesn't have a cellphone here in the states. I work in a nursing home and even some of the people in their late 90's have them.
    I know several people that don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sad that somone would mutilate there body for an blinkin Ipad......... seriously that's deluded!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    EDIT: Funny how people bashing it don't have one. I haven't seen ONE person who owns one say it's not useful and that it's a bad product. Funny.
    There is nothing funny about that really. If they have one, they obviously find it useful, otherwise they wouldn't have bothered to buy it/enter a competition to win it. And even if they bought it and wound out it was useless, they surely wouldn't want to lose face by admitting they paid a decent amount of money for something totally useless, right?

OT; I would probably pay around... 10 euros maybe? Might be cool to play around with it a day or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    I got in my car, drove to the Mac store and bought one, not too much effort required, and all I gave up was some money
    Do you live in China?

To be honest I'm not surprised at something as stupid as this with all that's been going on recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkkitehti View Post
    There is nothing funny about that really. If they have one, they obviously find it useful, otherwise they wouldn't have bothered to buy it/enter a competition to win it. And even if they bought it and wound out it was useless, they surely wouldn't want to lose face by admitting they paid a decent amount of money for something totally useless, right?

OT; I would probably pay around... 10 euros maybe? Might be cool to play around with it a day or so.
    If I paid money for something to find out it was useless I'd admit it. If my iphone was useless I'd chuck it out. I don't see any purpose in the current installation of tablets, but then I also never saw the pupose of having a bag phone in my car and stayed away from cell phones until they actually became viable, 5-10 years later, just as tablets will do.

I would probably pay for it? I mean, for what it is, the base model isn't cripplingly expensive. It's like a netbook with a fancy interface. To me, that's worth about $500.