Thread: Battlefield 3.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Basically it's the best demo I've ever seen.

I'm not taking sides here

why does one game have to beat another? They both looked pretty badass to me and I'll be getting them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    I'm not taking sides here
    And I completly misread the OP i'll delete my useless posts now.
    I apologise.
    Last edited by Umbraorbis; 2011-06-06 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enders View Post
    And it is. It isn't keeping up. It's stale and outdated in a genre that demands more than rehashes of the same thing over and over again. There is nothing new here.
    Imo ppl are too obsessed with graphics.

Minecraft anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    why does one game have to beat another? They both looked pretty badass to me and I'll be getting them both.
    I'm sure my brother will get BF3 and I'll play it at some point, and I'll probably wait to see how the MW3 multiplayer will be before I decide anything about that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassch View Post
    Sorry if there is another thread here allready, used the Search function but I couldn't find another thread.

Looks like Battlefield 3 just beat Modern Warfare 3 by first impressions, and from the E3 trailers. Anybody else think this?

/discuss!
    It's not going to beat CoD because there will always be people who don't know any better.
    It is going to be a better game, in terms of gameplay, graphics and everything, yes, but it won't be as popular as CoD.
    Hell, even BC2 was an awesome game compared to MW2, which is pretty much MW1 but with better graphics, but still MW2 was more popular.

10+ Year Old Account
    With my origional post, I wasn't meaning to start a BF is better than COD or vice versa thing at all, although it does look like it. The way that I worded it may of been wrong to what I was actually thinking when I think about it.

I will most likely play both games myself also. They both look quite good, but BF edges out a slight bit more from the E3 trailers. Let's hope that they both have really good vehicle control to spice them up :3.

I generally dislike vehicles, I think Halo does them well but even then I don't love those

Were there more videos at E3 than the one showcasing Frostbite 2.0? If so, did anyone record any?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronius View Post
    If your rocking a 5grand pc, it is.
    If you sank 5grand into a pc you've got more problems then a game with some rehashed graphics.

10+ Year Old Account
    They both look like good games. Personally I'm going to get BF3 for the campaign and MW3 for the fast-paced multiplayer action.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, if you've played Medal of Honor and liked it, you'll LOVE BF3. Frostbite vs. Frostbite 2, same gameplay, better graphics. Going to be awesome. In terms of BF3 being better than MW3: MW3 was shown on the XBox 360, BF3 was previewed on the PC with Dx11 and maxed settings; one would HOPE BF3 looked better.

Both great games, although weapon movement in MW3 looked off and hard-to-control while being fired, too much like the Treyarch garbage in WaW and Black Ops.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmen View Post
    It's not going to beat CoD because there will always be people who don't know any better.
    It is going to be a better game, in terms of gameplay, graphics and everything, yes, but it won't be as popular as CoD.
    Hell, even BC2 was an awesome game compared to MW2, which is pretty much MW1 but with better graphics, but still MW2 was more popular.
    for the fiftieth time:

THE ONLY THING THAT IS THE SAME IN BATTLEFIELD AND CALL OF DUTY IS THAT THERE IS WEAPONS THAT YOU CAN FIRE IN THEM BOTH.

some like call of duty, others like battlefield. leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    for the fiftieth time:

THE ONLY THING THAT IS THE SAME IN BATTLEFIELD AND CALL OF DUTY IS THAT THERE IS WEAPONS THAT YOU CAN FIRE IN THEM BOTH.

some like call of duty, others like battlefield. leave it at that.
    Only thing that is similar is that they are both war games with guns and fighting? They are both FPS's?

Seems pretty similar to me :P Not that I care for the argument, Its all personal preference.

I will say BF3 does look good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    Only thing that is similar is that they are both war games with guns and fighting? They are both FPS's?

Seems pretty similar to me :P Not that I care for the argument, Its all personal preference.

I will say BF3 does look good.
    The difference being that COD is a shooting game, while battlefield is a war game.

I haven't liked any battlefield I've ever played (not 1945 either LOL). However, I was impressed by the E3 showing after the joke that was xbox and kinect (it just got worse after each showing..).

• Demo played on PC
    • Open beta
    • Health bar
    • No stupid health regen

It's no quake/UT99/cstrike, but it'll do.