10+ Year Old Account

[Bio] Darieu 'Sorrowsong' Storm Chaser.

Name: Darieu "Sorrow Song" Storm Chaser
    Race: Orc
    Languages: Orcish, Human Common, any Horde based language. Knows some night elf and Draenei.
    Class: Warrior

Faction: Horde

Personality: Raised and disciplined by a mostly shamanistic/warrior clan has taught him respect for superiors and elders. His demeanor is calm and reserved, a speak when spoken to attitude when around people for the first time. As he comes to know the people around him and find he can be himself around them. Always willing to share with his friends and put their needs ahead himself. Those who earned his trust, they find a very strong and loyal friend.

Likes/Dislikes:
    Likes: Darieu loves the steady sound of drums any time of day or night. A strong ale and good food never goes un-appreciated. A good fight, an honorable cause, fighting along side his friends and allies is something he lives for. He adores his daughter Naylu and his loved Kiome.

Dislikes: Needless death, waste, dishonor. Anything that serves a negative force in this world of Azeroth. Despite the need for balance.. the upheaval that these wicked forces make, must be dealt with swift.

Appearance: Despite his earthen brown skin tone, there were some people that said he looked much like thrall. His midnight black hair stops at the middle of his back and two thick braids come down his chest. Life as a warrior did land him many facial scars, yet the scars only seemed to make him look like a battle worn friend. He stands roughly eight feet tall, the fel corruption gave him more height and bulk muscle. all that muscle would land the orc at a hearty 320 pounds.

Strengths/Weaknesses: His heart may as well be as weakness as his strength. There's not many noble causes he will pass up. His temper is a weakness when it finally breaks. His patience is a great strength, the orc will put with almost anything that would drive others insane. More flaws and Strengths can be found via RP

History: Many tribes did roam Nagrand and like any other, they all had a start and an end when the Fel Horde Came into play. The Storm Chaser clan was one to devote themselves to the wind, water, and thunder aspects of nature. Many aspiring Stormchaser clans people earn thier Adulthood by fighting an elemental of the three aspects. To be swift as the wind, calm as the water, and powerful as the thunder. Thier shamanistic way helped other roaming tribes or tread back to Nagrand and let thier prized shamans train there, hone thier skills. Darieu was a promising shaman but found the way of a blade master and warrior far more appealing. Being one of the many sons of the Chieftain, Darieu excelled in being what he called a "storm blade" A warrior to lead the attacks and defense against the Fel Horde. Many Orcs were being taken by these monsters and changed.. The stormchaser clan would do anything to preserve thier way of life. Through treachery of his warlock wife Nakka Darkgrin.. The fel orcs over took the tribe through warlock portals and summonings in the night. Darieu and a few others were among the last survivors. There is more to Darieu's history but the rest must be discovered.
    Last edited by Darieu; 2011-06-29 at 03:27 PM. Reason: update.
    "You might as well stand and fight because if you run, you will only die tired" - Vern Jocque - Sei Shin Kan.

Darieu Rp Profile

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't yet read this, but I will offer you some advice: break up each section (personality, likes/dislikes, appearance, strengths/weaknesses, etc) with a line break. Also space out paragraphs in the appearance and history. It just makes things so much easier to read!

Well first off let me welcome you to the RP forums. As for your bio, I have a couple things I want to discuss concerning it.

Firstly, is Darieu a Mag'Har orc or is he a greenskin? There's big differences. As well, orcs don't use the name of their clan as a surname. Surnames are badges of honor that are passed down through a family, or earned through a mighty feat. For example, Orgrim Doomhammer has his surname because he comes from the line who created and wielded the legendary Doomhammer. Grommash Hellscream has his surname because his battle cry sounds as if it was coming from a powerful demon.

As well, the Fel Horde is only an extremely recent occurence (the original blood-fueled horde were, based on the sources I have that are readily avaliable, not fel orcs, but tainted orcs (IE: greenskins)).

I have some other things I'd like to discuss about the bio, but getting a response from you about the color of his skin will help out a lot in terms of what's the proper lore for the situation.

EDIT: As one added thing, the "Faction" section's for any user-made factions, not for general sides between the Alliance-Horde conflict, as we can tell what side a character is on from either the race or the history (if the character has abandoned his or her faction to become neutral/work for the other side).

10+ Year Old Account
    Always nice to see new blood on the Rp forums.

Firstly I'd say that your history should always be longer than your appearance as iit's a more important part of your character.

Also the mysterious thing you're going for sounds good on paper but it doesn't really work out in prtactice and it tends to be best to just reveal al the stuff you planned to hide in you're bio.

I think it'd also be a point to explain how he came to learn all of the languages he speaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been a while since I posted in forum based RP so I am glad to get the help quick to make sure things are consistent with the lore and any RP that I engage in..

Darieu is a Maghar, his skin tone would be more like some where between Russet and copper

I can't get a brown skin tone in wow for Darieu so he's green skin but MRP is getting updated for him being maghar..

Darieu is more so in for the quests to get better gear, weaponry, and if there's a good cause; it's all the better.

I can post more of what I have for his past and you guys can tell me how good it is or if it needs work.. Thanks for your attention!
    "You might as well stand and fight because if you run, you will only die tired" - Vern Jocque - Sei Shin Kan.

Darieu Rp Profile

Hey Darieu. We basically encourage people to post the whole history in the Bios so we can check for inconsistencies. In the RP you can tell as much as you want or don't.

Then on to my criticism/tips:

As Ara has said, the proficiency in that many languages needs some explaining.

Considering your name, the Surname Stormchaser as a Clan Name is just held by orcs until they achieve their name of honor (hellscream, bladefist, Doomhammer etc.), So if Darieu feels like he has not accomplished a task that would be worthy of a naming he can hold on to the Clan Name but I would not think that is the case for a proud and seasoned warrior. From the history so far, I would assume Stormblade a fitting name of honor, but that is up to you. Also for my personal taste Darieu has a too soft sound to it to be orcish, but that's just me I guess.

I haven't taken the time yet to closely examine the history along a timeline, since it is incomplete, but as it is now it is surely feasible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay... I'll start working on taking the history down and break it down in to a post for you guys.. Maybe either later tonight.. or tomorrow.. They have me tending two raids and I'm not a very proficient multitask-er..hah

Darieu Rp Profile

10+ Year Old Account

Past

Darieu Thunder maw of Storm chaser clan.

Darieu was born among many elder brothers of the chieftain. Tolak Lighting Gaze was the chieftain of the tribe and his wife Orz Water Speaker was his shamaness spirit advisor. Together they guided the Storm chaser clan around Nagrand. Darieu earned his name Thunder Maw for one reason; the young man had a set of lungs on him! As he didn't have the aptitude to become a shaman, there were blade-masters and warriors that embraced the child, teaching him every aspect of the way of the axe and the blade.

Yaiba Flash Steel was the appointed Blade Master to hone Darieu's energy and strength to become a fine Blade Master. Darieu's thrist for knowledge needed more, and Yaiba was not a man to leave this thirst unattended. When Darieu was a capable blade master, the challange was set to Darieu! He was to spend time with a warrior teacher Jufu Bone Grinder. The warrior trainer was brutal but fair as a trainer. The older Orc woman saw not only a blade master seeking to be the best, but a great warrior that needed to be tempered like fine steel.

Darieu had shown unique prowess as a mix of warrior blade-master. He found the blade and shields his calling. Rallying his small troop into skirmishes and fighting alongside other warriors of the clan gave him a rush, a great sense of pride. He would let out a rallying scream and every time he had done so, most would say he called down a mighty clap of thunder and lightning with that scream. The strength of Thunder Maw did attract the dark attention of Nakka Blackheart.

Nakka Blackheart earned the title of lead warlock and put her skills to use in keeping demons, fel horde and any malicious spirit at a distance from the clan. Howevere, the more exposure to the dark element did draw her even closer to it. She grew up with the talent not to see the elements at will but the malicious spirits that lingered beyond the encampment at night. A stigma came about as she was found to be capable of being a warlock. When it was decided, she was given at the age of five to the only clan warlock. Nalak Grimstare took the child in and started to teach her every thing he knew. Time spent with the demented elder warlock had twisted her perception as a child. She acted like an adult, she thought farther ahead than the other adults, never ceasing in her plans and preperations. It seems the dark dementia passed on to Young Nakka. It was only around Darieu she would let herself become calm.

Every effort was made to try and keep Darieu in her hands, the warrior was a valuable Ally since he bore no ill for the fel arts, or clung tightly to the traditions of the clan. If she were to make him chieftain, she would be able to push herself as his spiritual aide. Only time and effort would tell if her efforts would come to fruition or not. Her seduction of the warrior had bore a child and the eventual coupling of Thunder Maw and Blackheart. Young Naylu was born and grew rather fast for a healthy maghar. There were rumors of Black heart using fel magic to age the girl and forge her into a strong warlock.
    Time passed and Old Tolak and his mother were showing signs of their age. The time to choose a successor was soon, and the competition was fierce! His brothers Cro Thunderstrike and Dozz Stonefist were well versed shamans since they were his elder brothers. Most likely they would become the Chieftain and they would pick a wife to guide the visions and see what is best for the clan.Dozz was known for his calm actions and strong respect for tradition, yet it would not dictate all of his decisions. His convitions were like stone, hard to break and had great foundation of reason behind them. Cro Thunderstrike near the opposite of Dozz. He was quick in decisions, rash in his actions and fierce as a storm itself. For a while the calm and quick witted Dozz Stonefist was favored in the clan to become the next Chieftain.

There was slow rivalry brewing between two elder brothers. Cro wanted to embrace the demonic powers and use it to enhance the control of the elements, anything to give the Storm Chaser clan an edge over the enemy. He thought the clan was becoming to stoic, weak willed. As the clan spoke their voices to Tolak, it was ultimately his choice to appoint the new chieftain.

That night a fierce thunder storm broke through Nagrand, as if the elements were quarreling with themselves. The storm seemed to head towards the encampment, shamans were sent out to either calm the storm or send it into another direction to minimize harm to the clan homes. As the storm hit, and the shamans working hard to push the storm away, Cro threw his mace in challenge to Dozz. Cro would not allow Dozz to become chieftain! Dozz refused the challenge and pleaded with his brother to stop.

The fight was something to be reckoned with. Dozz was skilled with earth elementals and requesting help from them, assuring to give him an upper-hand against Cro. Cro was excelled with the lighting, but the strength of earth did over whelm the younger brother. Before Dozz could land the final blow, a explosion ripped through the encampment and forced the fight to a halt. The shamans keeping the storm at bay could no longer hold it.

Anything that could have gone wrong was out the window. The absolute worst had happened. Nakka Blackheart and her warlocks had conspired with the Fel horde! In exchange for residence in blood-furnace and more power, they would summon the Fel horde into the encampment and they would have thier pick of slaves and promising warriors. Cro and Dozz put their anger for one another aside and the wounded brothers mounted a counter attack. Darieu was in charge of keeping a defensive circle around the main hut, where all the elder orcs and children stayed.

The battles were fierce! The enemy would push against Darieu's Defenses, gradually breaking it over time with countless Fel Horde spilling out of the portals the warlocks feverently set their lives to protect. Nakka lead a spear head attack against Darieu's defenses. The rush offense was ill prepared for and the Fel Horde were inside the hut. To his horror, Nakka herself slain his mother and father before his eyes. His spirit broken, the fel horde found it easy to over-take him and savagely beat him to submission.

The survivors were sent to the camps, to be broken, trained, and forced to become Fel Horde. The darkest for Stormchaser Clan seemed to come. Inside a special holding cell near Blood Furnace, Darieu was presented with severed heads. Dozz, Cro, Yaiba, Jufu and his parents. Nakka was there personally to watch the horrified look on his face, to gloat that everyone he held dear is dead.

As Nakka and Darieu were alone in the confines of the cage. She proudly confessed that the whole effort was on her behalf and the Fel Horde were welcoming her for her contribution. Naylu would be her next project, containing the young child in a crystal made form demonic energies. She would hone all her warlock might into Naylu and forge her to be her execution doll.

The loss of his tribe, then the macbre display of his friends and family, something in his mind made him lose control. For once, the demons that he fought to control .. were allowed in. For a short time, as Nakka was establishing herself inside the Fel Horde; Darieu let himself become corrupted. Wearing a simple plate helm that covered the eyes and left only the mouth exposed. Now void from any emotion, Darieu took simple pleasures in carnage, devouring demons, slaughter on horrifying levels. The Demon taint and special forged armor changed him. Nearly ten feet tall, the demonic energies made his body more durable, the corrupted orc could have as easily made short work of a Scourge Abomination.

As night came once again, Darieu was in his holding cell, chained to the floor. A thunderstorm started over the small base. Something about this storm was disturbing him. It felt so familiar. Was it his past coming back to finally haunt him? Were his regrets starting to finally settle in for allowing himself to become so deeply corrupted? Each clap of thunder sounded in that helm of his, making his head ache with memories. The torture of remember every single detail was beyond him. The images, the old feelings, the horror of what he had become, the dishonor of not trying to avenge his loved ones. In a fit of rage, he started to howl at the savage storm, demanding it to stop. Inside, the memories were too much, he finally remembered who he was, not what he was reduced to.

Using what dark demonic taint he had in his body, with the desperate plea to the elements, he broke free from the chains binding him. Darieu was renewed with a new sense of justice and purpose. He would get revenge for his clan! He would f ind his daughter and save her from this corruption! The entire encampment rocked with his war cry as he started to bring the entire encampment down with his bare hands. His own hands would crush and savage any soul that would attempt to stop him, by the time Nakka was summoned to stop him, half the encampment was in ruin.

Nakka held out the crystal vial that held young Naylu, threatening to shatter it inevitably killing the helpless Naylu inside. Darieu took the chance, he lunged for Nakka, siezing his daughter from her. Fel fire, demonic bolts flew through the air. Darieu grabbed what he could to shield himself, soon the brutal brawl to live started. It felt like hours as they fought, either one refusing to stop, never backing away to recover. There was an opening as he threw a floor plate at Nakka. She lay there briefly dazed, trying to get back up. Leaping ontop of the warlock, he strangled her to death.

It was more a blur of what happened next. There was a raiding party of Sindorei that took this time to attack the encampment. All he could remember was seeing a paladin and a mage ready to attack him. Darieu couldn't more, the strain from the fight was too much for him. He simply looked down to the crystal that naylu dwelled in, hugging it to his chest, he figured he was dead here, and perhaps these sindorei would take his daughter from him.. perhaps raise her when they found out she was in there.

There was something warm enveloping him, and what felt like ages, he felt safe and strong enough to open his eyes again. As he did, he found he was no longer in the encampment for the fel horde. The warm scenery of eversong woods set his mind at ease and a sindorei woman filled his eyes. Her name was Kiome, a young but well to do mage that found him. From what she had told him, Darieu had saved one of the paladins from a falling beam inside the building, but Darieu himself was impaled on it in the process. They had spent months trying to mend the wounds, purge the taint in his body and restore him to the mag'har he was. They had found the secret to the crystal he was holding onto so dearly. Naylu was in safe care, and was training avidly to become a warrior.

Time passes so swiftly as one tries to rediscover their own path. Kiome stays with Darieu as much as possible, the two have grown deeply fond of one another but there are times when they are called away from one another. In the wake of the cataclysm, Darieu strives to mend the damage to the earth.

---------- Post added 2011-06-16 at 01:38 PM ----------

Darieu has came to know a variety of languages and since his father always instilled an idle mind is for the weak; he's occupied nearly every waking moment learning a language or skill.

Darieu has came to know a variety of languages and since his father always instilled an idle mind is for the weak; he's occupied nearly every waking moment learning a language or skill.

Human - This when Darieu was most active with working in the Argent Crusade. The vast majority was human, but Tirion himself knew that it would take all of the Horde and Alliance to stop The Lich King. It took a year mostly to learn the basic language but the analogies always confused him.

Troll - Darieu learned Troll as he was trying to gain recognition from the darkspear tribe. Like any horde faction, he felt duty bound to spend time with them and learn thier culture and language.

Tauren - The shamanistic life-style let Darieu find a sense of comfort among the tauren. The strong ties to the elements as well as contributing to the tribe as a whole. Through singing and spending time with the Tauren, Taurjeh came quickly to Darieu.

Forsaken - Perhaps the most interesting time he spent learning about a culture and the most dangerous. Apothecaries always trying to experiment on him, rogues always trying to use him as a distraction. Gutterspeak was probably the most difficult language for him to understand.

Blood elf - This was probably the first language he came to learn. While Darieu recovered from the Sindorei paladins and priests working to purge his body from the demonic taint, Darieu would lay in bed as Kiome sat beside him; teaching him Thallasian as she learned Orcish from him.

Night Elf - Much to his own nature, Darieu found causes to restore and mend nature much to his calling. The Cenarion Circle was a second home to him. A surprising majority of the circle was composed of either night elf or tauren. It didn't bother him but it did pose a challenge when he had to speak with any night elf since he could not fully comprehend their requests.

Draenei - Even though in Nagrand there were Draenei and his tribe did encounter them and traded with them. Darieu never had a real chance to learn their language. Mostly it was 'hello' or 'goodbye' perhaps even a 'I mean no harm'. The time he was actually able to learn Draenic was during the time he spent inside Shattrath City and working with the Aldor.

Goblin - With the wake of the cataclysm, the addition of the goblins did pose a challenge for him. Never trust a goblin with your money! his first mistake for paying for lessons to speak goblin. After a while of offering his trade skills to the merchant race. He was able to learn basic goblin and read it. Though, now there are few goblins he knows past business and call friend.. still he wouldn't trust them with his coin.

Here is how Darieu came to know the languages now.
    Last edited by Darieu; 2011-06-16 at 05:37 PM.

Darieu Rp Profile

Just so ya know, mate, we generally edit the OP with added info, instead of posting it later in the thread :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry.. * Sweat drop* Well I hope all things inside do look alright..

---------- Post added 2011-06-16 at 06:52 PM ----------

Ahh Gotcha.. So when I go in to update how Darieu Dresses and how he looks.. Which is gonna be tough.. I like the Tolkein Uruk-hai Orcs. so.. I wonder how would one kinda merge a wow orc with an uruk-hai? * scratches his chin*

Darieu Rp Profile

I'm not getting a good time-frame for his past, so I can't tell whether you're still mentioning the fel horde as something recent or something that's been there for a while. As well, if he is really mag'har, he would have been born to a refugee, essentially. The mag'har are the orcs who contracted a disease known as red pox, and therefore were not able to join the original horde. Every clan joined the horde, save the ill. I'd guess that if a clan were not to join at this point, they would have been destroyed. The original mag'har would then have had children after they got better, and those children would be mag'har as well, which is how your character comes into play.

In terms of a Tolkien Orc, I'd say burns. The orcs of Lord of the Rings appear to be malformed, and burns can do that... If you've seen Star Wars, Emperor Palpatine's face looks kinda orcish in a way, and he got that from force lightning burns. Also, so THATS what your avatar is. I finally get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I Would say this is roughly around the time the horde is in effect and people are joining it to avoid the Red Pox, the Fel horde is going around, scavenging spread out tribes and killing anyone that resists. If the betrayal had not taken.. Dozz would have had the clan go to join the horde or looked for other tribes.

Darieu Rp Profile

From this article here, I'd say that the tribes didn't join the horde to escape the red pox, since it looks like the red pox was a problem before the horde was even founded, as it seems to have begun prior to the corruption of the orcs. As well, again, the Fel Horde is a recent construct of Magtheridon's, who made them drink his blood to such an extent that they became fel orcs. The original orcish Horde on Draenor did not drink to this extent, simply one chalice. Grom Hellscream's later expedition into Ashenvale found another pool of pitlord blood, and when he drank from that, he became a fel orc, since he had his prior corruption compounded on.

As well, ALL the clans, even prior to the creation of the horde, were not forced in, but willingly joined into the collective army. There were no dissenters, such was the charisma and eloquence of Ner'Zhul the high shaman of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see.. I must be getting something confused when I wrote out my information. I guess if it makes sense.. I would want to say.. that if Doz survived the fight and the corruption had not happened.. Perhaps they'd encounter some form of red pox.. and scared for the tribe getting sick.. who ever that was not afflicted with red pox would have joined Ner'Zhul.

Darieu Rp Profile