Poll: Good or Bad?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Good, even very good because it wouldn't abuse anyone as the current system. As it is implemented now, it's just stealing from the enchanters without their concent.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    (Source: Original Blue)
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    What if disenchanting was always an option when rolling on items in dungeons, regardless of people's professions?
    Hold on a second right there mate, are you saying you are considering to enable DE for everyone even when there is no enchanter availeble in the group??

I really don't know what to think of this..

Good ... or ... Bad?
    He was talking hypothetically. It was the usual "the DE option that Blizz added to make life easier means there's less work for enchanters. Only enchanters should get DE mats" arguement. What he was saying was that if you've all worked for 5 mins to get the item then you're all entitled to the rewards. Maybe you just feel that you're entitled to the DE mats because you're the one who enabled the button. So "what if disenchanting was always an option when rolling on items in dungeons, regardless of people's professions?". Would you enchanters stop the QQ about other people getting enchanting mats? Because there's very little difference between this and the current system. You just make it sound like your disadvantaged because the button only becomes active when you're there.

Frankly this enchanter QQ issue is really annoying. You seem to think you're a gathering profession so are entitled to be the only one gathering the mats. But you're not a gathering profession, you're a crafting profession. Your profession is to make enchants. Everyone gets the mats, they bring them to you and you make enchants for a fee. Blacksmiths don't mine unless they take it as another profession. Leatherworkers don't skin unless they take it as another profession.

So maybe they could add the DE option always, just to end the enchanter QQ. Hey we could even give everyone the ability to DE items whenever. Then you'll no longer be the only ones farming old content for mats or DEing your epics. That'll be a nice way to fix the fact that some enchanters can't share.

I still don't understand why so many ppl need enchanting mats. This "free maelstorm for everyone" politics is ruining ench.market deeper and deeper. Maelstorms are cheaper than Heavenly shards on ah. I'm quite angry when I run lfd many times and I DE 30 maelstorms for strange ppl and I have nothing -> only one result from that - these 30MC pulled ah prize down on some server.

It was so nice few months ago when only few ppl had top enchants, and if you want be top you must pay for it. If you were in good guild you have enought MCs from raid DEing, if you were in bad guild(no raids) you didn't need top enchants for going HC 5man farm. This way it should be, when you are raiding you have acces to top enchanting mats so you can make top enchants for your group - you need it for beating encounters easily. When you are not raiding you don't need to have top enchants, but if you want you can have them for high prize, then you will be best 5man hero.

I vote for DEing will become independent profession and forbid autoDE button for ever. This way is fair for everyone.

Deleted
    Boohoo i can't make money anymore of enchanting.

Engineering says hi.

Deleted
    Don't care 'bout that.
    If I get any greens or blues I'll DE them anyway. The only difference is bag space.

Just tired of being screwed out of my gathering profession. You leveled mining, and I dont get to ninja your ore and push down prices on hardened elementium bars do I? DO I? No

GTFO of my enchanting mats, enchants need to go back to costing a few thousand gold a piece since I can only manage to sell one - two a week.

A different perspective is to take it this way;

In a dungeon, you're competing against 4 other people for the mats.
    Herbing, you're competing against countless others, as well as 24/7 bots.

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Just tired of being screwed out of my gathering profession. You leveled mining, and I dont get to ninja your ore and push down prices on hardened elementium bars do I? DO I? No
    Enchanting is not a gathering profession. Miners go out and mine and smelt, they don't actually produce anything that can be used. Skinners go out and skin, they don't actually produce anything that can be used. Enchanting makes enchants, it is a crafting profession. The ability to DE things is just a necessity in order to make the mats required. Maybe if people keep insisting that being able to DE things is a gatherer profession they'll split the two. Then you can demand fee's for DE's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    He was talking hypothetically. It was the usual "the DE option that Blizz added to make life easier means there's less work for enchanters. Only enchanters should get DE mats" arguement. What he was saying was that if you've all worked for 5 mins to get the item then you're all entitled to the rewards. Maybe you just feel that you're entitled to the DE mats because you're the one who enabled the button. So "what if disenchanting was always an option when rolling on items in dungeons, regardless of people's professions?". Would you enchanters stop the QQ about other people getting enchanting mats? Because there's very little difference between this and the current system. You just make it sound like your disadvantaged because the button only becomes active when you're there.

Frankly this enchanter QQ issue is really annoying. You seem to think you're a gathering profession so are entitled to be the only one gathering the mats. But you're not a gathering profession, you're a crafting profession. Your profession is to make enchants. Everyone gets the mats, they bring them to you and you make enchants for a fee. Blacksmiths don't mine unless they take it as another profession. Leatherworkers don't skin unless they take it as another profession.

So maybe they could add the DE option always, just to end the enchanter QQ. Hey we could even give everyone the ability to DE items whenever. Then you'll no longer be the only ones farming old content for mats or DEing your epics. That'll be a nice way to fix the fact that some enchanters can't share.
    Im not one of thóse enchanters. Im just not sure what to think of this, maybe they should just delete the disenchant from the enchanting profession as a whole then anyway, and always allow everything to be DE'd through other means.

As an enchanter I like the DE button in instances. There was nothing worse than having to trade/empty mailbox to DE junk that other people wanted busted up. Tip or no tip, it's a waste of time.

As for the price of the enchanting mats, that's completely separate to to the DE in instances issue. The price of mats is based on supply and demand. Maelstroms have crashed since 4.1, but the price of shards has gone up in the same space. There is still a stupid amount of profit to be made from enchanting.

If you can only sell 1-2 enchants a week then you're doing something wrong.
    Make a spreadsheet, plug in the price of mats and add 10-50% for profit. Calculate that against the price of enchants on the AH and you'll see that there are quite a few that sell for well over the price of mats.
    Or, get an addon that does it for you.