Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I'm sort of facing a dilemma about Attonement healing on heroic Chimaeron. I normally run as holy, and did for all of normal content. However, I picked up an Attonement spec for lulz on heroic Halfus. So we started working on heroic Chimaeron last night and after discussing it with my resto shaman, I decided to let him raid heal and I would go disc and tank heal so we would have PW:B to use for Feuds. I pretty much found that smite spam was enough to keep both my tanks above 10k. I was healing our frost DK and feral druid, and our holy pally was healing our warrior Double Attack tank. Given this healing comp, is Attonement healing with shields on the tanks and Penance when necessary a viable strategy?

i use atonement spec on chim hc, but i never look at atonement as a tool to keep up double strike tanks.
    when im assigned to heal double strike tanks, i heal them up with penance/gh and then i smite in between, which helps on dps tank. other 2 healers heal up ppl after caustics and help on dps tank when im healing up double attack tank. shields on tanks on this fight i use almost only for raptures.

then archangel and some shields/poh spam on feuds and shields spam in p2
    seems to work fine