Thread: Computer Help

Computer Help

I have a question, I'd say I have a 'better' computer and when I record in fraps i jump from 30-60 fps and lags a lot, I can't figure out why. I know a decent amount about fraps. Here is my computer specs and fraps settings.

Computer:

intel I7 Quad core 2.4 ghz
    8 gb of ram
    ATI raedon 5770 1 gb of ram

Fraps settings:

fullsize
    60 fps
    Record Audio

thanks in advance.

15+ Year Old Account
    So you're recording full-size @ 60fps with audio. What resolution? If you're talking anything larger than a postage stamp, you're probably choking on I/O (ie hard drive slowing you down).

Do you just have one hard drive that everything is running off of and Fraps is recording to? If so, that sometimes tends to be hard for the drive to keep up at times. Using a secondary drive to record fraps videos to can help.

You mention nothing of your hard drive(s).

The main "problem"(?) with video recording WoW, you read and write at the same time, on the same disc is really screws with performance. If you save your FRAPS video on another hard drive, it should be a lot better.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

I just want to understand this correctly. If I purchase an external hard drive and make it so FRAPS saves the files in the external hard drive while I record on the hard drive that is running windows, I should be fine? Does it work the same for Live Streaming?

Sorry. I have a 1tb HD and a 1tb external. I record fraps, store it, and play wow all on the same HD.

Quote Originally Posted by Baki021 View Post
    I just want to understand this correctly. If I purchase an external hard drive and make it so FRAPS saves the files in the external hard drive while I record on the hard drive that is running windows, I should be fine?
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/173804 - An internal is much better than an external (unless you absolutely NEED it to be mobile).

Yes, if you run WoW from your main drive, and save FRAPS recordings to the new drive, you should see an improvement.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/173804 - An internal is much better than an external (unless you absolutely NEED it to be mobile).

Yes, if you run WoW from your main drive, and save FRAPS recordings to the new drive, you should see an improvement.
    I have a 1tb internal and external. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. And should I install fraps the the external as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Elijah View Post
    I have a 1tb internal and external. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. And should I install fraps the the external as well?
    I don't think that having FRAPS on one or the other would make a difference, but saving the recordings themselves to drive 2 while playing WoW on drive 1 definitely will.

Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    I don't think that having FRAPS on one or the other would make a difference, but saving the recordings themselves to drive 2 while playing WoW on drive 1 definitely will.
    Anything else? Should my computer be dropping FPS like this? I'll definitely do that though, thanks. And thanks for other replies. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.