Thread: Warcraftrealms

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warcraftrealms

Please ban this as a "source" of information. Meaning give anyone that uses it as a basis to their claims an infraction or something.
    The information on the site is incredibly inaccurate because it's only taking information from players on one faction on one server that download and use the addon and then upload that data to the site.

It's an INCREDIBLY inaccurate source of information for that reason and as such has no basis for being used in any claim.

it is not fair to give a person an infraction purely based upon where they get their information.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't really ban people for misinformation. There's nothing illegal about the site, therefore there's really nothing that can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Corjha View Post
    it is not fair to give a person an infraction purely based upon where they get their information.
    In this case it is. They come claiming this wildly inaccurate information as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    You can't really ban people for misinformation. There's nothing illegal about the site, therefore there's really nothing that can be done.
    Ban it as a source of information, not ban them. I never said there was anything illegal about the site either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corjha View Post
    Honestly it does matter where their information is from. I'll give you one guess at the website that "supports" every claim that WoW is losing subscribers. Is WoW losing subscribers but the black hole of a web site can barely tell you which way is up so forget about getting acurate subscriber numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    The WoW Census is made possible by users like you! Even just one person can make a huge difference so help keep the WoW Census as accurate as possible by submitting data today!
    Right on the main page. People need to take responsibility in their own opinions as it relates to their info. Everyone seeing this site should know it's based on its own census.

And by the way, you can't really ban any site just because the info is inaccurate. If that were the case, you'd have to ban every site that isn't created by Blizzard themselves. Which means, that MMOC should ban itself from its own site, causing a time-space paradox explosion and destroying the whole universe!

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't really fair to ban/infract people for where they get their information...

the addon just scans how many people is online ATM on one server and one faction at a time.
    i find it hard for the addon to gather corrupt data even if someone intentionally wanted it so

of course the numbers wont show if people cancelled their accounts or not it would just show the amount of activity there is on the server on said faction.

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    It isn't really fair to ban/infract people for where they get their information...
    Read the posts before you.

---------- Post added 2011-06-07 at 07:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zingar View Post
    the addon just scans how many people is online ATM on one server and one faction at a time.
    i find it hard for the addon to gather corrupt data even if someone intentionally wanted it so

of course the numbers wont show if people cancelled their accounts or not it would just show the amount of activity there is on the server on said faction.
    Thus making it wildly inaccurate and not viable at ALL as a source for claims of "WoW is dieing".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pet Control View Post
    Read the posts before you.

---------- Post added 2011-06-07 at 07:41 AM ----------

Thus making it wildly inaccurate and not viable at ALL as a source for claims of "WoW is dieing".
    Then let people say it and say it wrong. Who cares? Correct them, if they weren't aware that that site operates from its own add-on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Right on the main page. People need to take responsibility in their own opinions as it relates to their info. Everyone seeing this site should know it's based on its own census.

And by the way, you can't really ban any site just because the info is inaccurate. If that were the case, you'd have to ban every site that isn't created by Blizzard themselves. Which means, that MMOC should ban itself from its own site, causing a time-space paradox explosion and destroying the whole universe!
    Not sure if you're agreeing or not. But when someone uses this, it only collects data for the time that they're on, on the faction that they are, on the server that they're on.

This makes it INCREDIBLY inaccurate 'information'.

10+ Year Old Account
    tbh, warcraftrealms was pretty spot on lately, showing a small (5-10%) decrease since last year's 12 million mark. The official notes confirm that.

I wouldn't use it as "clear evidence" but it does show the overall trend. You don't need a very large group of test subjects to have reasonably accurate statistics. However, since people need to download the addon, the numbers will be biased to some degree.

What I'm getting at is: wcr.com shouldn't be used as a "omen of wow death" but it's a fairly reasonable website to check overall wow trends.

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    tbh, warcraftrealms was pretty spot on lately, showing a small (5-10%) decrease since last year's 12 million mark. The official notes confirm that.

I wouldn't use it as "clear evidence" but it does show the overall trend. You don't need a very large group of test subjects to have reasonably accurate statistics. However, since people need to download the addon, the numbers will be biased to some degree.

What I'm getting at is: wcr.com shouldn't be used as a "omen of wow death" but it's a fairly reasonable website to check overall wow trends.
    I'm saying these people come and claim it as hardcore evidence and fact, which it is far from.

actually no. you can clearly see it is "dieing" due to the low amount of activity and how fast it is going down. were already way lower than we were in the long and dull ICC period

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/weekly...hp?serverid=-1

hopefully 4.2 brings it up again.

anyways you shouldnt care so much about how many other people play your game seriously. just enjoy it and dont mind about everyone else (unless of course you suddenly find yourself kind of alone in your server)

actually no. you can clearly see it is "dieing" due to the low amount of activity and how fast it is going down. were already way lower than we were in the long and dull ICC period

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/weekly...hp?serverid=-1

hopefully 4.2 brings it up again.

anyways you shouldnt care so much about how many other people play your game seriously. just enjoy it and dont mind about everyone else (unless of course you suddenly find yourself kind of alone in your server)
    inb4OPhasashitstorm

actually no. you can clearly see it is "dieing" due to the low amount of activity[...]
    It only shows the averages from entries from within 'prime time' which is considered here between the hours of 6PM and 11PM GAME TIME.

It only shows the averages from entries from within 'prime time' which is considered here between the hours of 6PM and 11PM GAME TIME.

Deleted
    Please ban this as a "source" of information. Meaning give anyone that uses it as a basis to their claims an infraction or something.
    The information on the site is incredibly inaccurate because it's only taking information from players on one faction on one server that download and use the addon and then upload that data to the site.

It's an INCREDIBLY inaccurate source of information for that reason and as such has no basis for being used in any claim.
    Being able to track 100-1000 players behaviour is good enough for making general statements about player fluctuation.

People don't use warcraftrealms because they want to. They use it because it's the only source for that kind of information.

And like it or not, but there is a solid correlation between warcraftrealms info and what comes from official sources.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm saying these people come and claim it as hardcore evidence and fact, which it is far from.
    Well, you said "please ban wcr as a source of information", meaning that if I were to say.

The overall statistics on WCR show a slight decrease in WOW playtime.

I should apparently get infracted.

I agree that it's not 100% accurate, but it's a pretty decent site nonetheless, by far the best unofficial source of wow playtime information.

People who say something along the lines of "AMAGAD WOW IS DYING LOOK AT WARCRAFTREALMS THE SHINY COLORS ARE GOING DOWN" are just trolling.

I believe warcraftrealms is a bit more accurate than you claim it is though. This is a case where, for once, you are allowed to shoot the messenger

what are you trying to say?
    yes it only shows the averages in a certain hour so?
    are you saying that for some reason people are playing less but ONLY between 6pm and 11pm?

I think people who demand infractions for such things should be infracted...
    Why are you so angry? Got into a horde/alliance flamewar or what?
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?