Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I preferred Brotherhood, the 2003 FMA had too many filler episodes.

They're both great series though, both are worth watching.

i got the movie xD haven't watched it yet tough

10+ Year Old Account
    tbh Jack the movie is a bit.. myeh, I don't really get where the idea came from but it all just seemed a bit 'Hey you know what would be cool! if Edward had to fight NAZI's! yeah! and they have ROBOTS!'

plus the ending in it is stupid.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    tbh Jack the movie is a bit.. myeh, I don't really get where the idea came from but it all just seemed a bit 'Hey you know what would be cool! if Edward had to fight NAZI's! yeah! and they have ROBOTS!'
    stereotypical steampunk setup.

either way I reccomend that you read the original manga, it is a good read. that being said brotherhood follows the manga to the letter and as such you get to see the original story

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post

plus the ending in it is stupid.
    Very true. But lets not forget that they also took the option of throwing in a dragon, and remembering to kill off A LOT of the remaining characters that were interesting. Shamwhambalam (sarcasm) worsened what was IMO, a subpar ending to a series that had so much going for it right up until after scar died. Then there was just too much crap getting pulled out of nowhere...and the ending failed in comparison to the massive OMG moment when Al became the philosopher stone

FMA was excellent at the time when I didn't knew that there was a manga. (the manga itself isn't the best artistically, thank god they did an anime version).
    I couldn't imagine that they would do better with Brotherhood but I was stunned.
    I would say FMA1 has the best beginning (1 to 26 with the final of the "1st season" with Hughes story) and then Brotherhood is better. Brotherhood was meh at the start because they knew that most people knew about the story and didn't want to copy past, so they put the 26 episodes in like 14 or 15 and speed up the pace. It had lost the emotional part of Hughes. But after, very well done. Love that the boys father had a main place in the story.

brotherhood > orginal

Brotherhood actually follows the story a lot better than the original series.

It is definately worth watching the 2009 version as it is true to the manga and frankly i think it is better than the original. Don't get me wrong, the original was great. It had many emotional moments but there was always this feeling that it was rushed. I watched the 2003 anime 2 years ago, and just recently started the new one.

The first 10-15 episodes of the 2009 anime made me think "meh this is just a remake" but i decided to watch on because they had a better take at the story and i liked the art-style better. Plus the battles felt more exciting. As you delve deeper and deeper into it you realize that this is nothing like the original anime (yea, huge plot difference). The setting is way better and it has an awesome atmosphere, central doesn't seem hollow. And Amestris isn't the only nation in the world, there are a few character's from a nation to the east called Xing (kinda like china) and they have their own Alchemy and stuff.

Basicly if you liked the original FMA, you'd be a fool not to watch this one.

I think Brotherhood > FMA. Ofcourse there are a few moment's i think that were better conveyed to us in the original, like the revelation of the real mastermind's behind the ishballan war (i remember getting goosebumps) and i loved the scene in the original where Alphonse came to Pinako's house with Edward in his hands and stuff -- But all in all, Brotherhood is the superior version.
    Last edited by Thigrai; 2011-06-08 at 04:19 PM.
    Signature by Tacy :]

Deleted
    FMA 2003 was based on manga to some point, Brotherhood is entirely based on manga (which ended few months ago).

Quote Originally Posted by Datub View Post
    btw anyone knows a good anime that i can see after FMA (this is my first and i really liked it, unless you count AVATAR: the last airbender, saw that one too)
    I recommend One Piece!

Brotherhood is LEAGUES better. It's a recreation of the Manga, which was in fact, the original storyline.

Big thanks to Safhira for my Signature!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/llane/Gog…

brotherhood is how the story is supposed to be

Hughes!!! i love this character

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalim View Post
    I love FMA, in fact it's the only Anime I can stand so far.

The 2003 series was good.

Brotherhood is better.

They look the same, the newer ones are smoother and clearer. If you're watching dubs, you'll notice Alphonse's voice has changed.
    Enjoy your narrowed vision of the anime industry while you could be watching something good.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    btw anyone knows a good anime that i can see after FMA (this is my first and i really liked it, unless you count AVATAR: the last airbender, saw that one too)
    RahXaphon was really good so was Ghost in A Shell: SAC

10+ Year Old Account
    Brotherhood is much much much better in my opinion.

Baccanno... and then only after watching that you watch durarara!!!!

the final episode or Durarara!! blew my mind!!! (and had me rofling all over my room for about an hour)

My son and I just finished watching the 03 version from start to finish, we loved it. I haven't watched Brotherhood yet, but I will. Only difference is that Brotherhood follows the Magna exactly, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strokr View Post
    My son and I just finished watching the 03 version from start to finish, we loved it. I haven't watched Brotherhood yet, but I will. Only difference is that Brotherhood follows the Magna exactly, right?
    Yup. The beginning is the same, but flies though the plot quicker. It then goes off around the 15th episode or so I think. The '03 was going on before the manga was finished so the studio, with input from the manga creator, made their own ending.

I find the books are better than the episodes ><