The druid all-star team in Hyjal [4.2]

Once you have unlocked the first set of dailies at the Regrowth, you can find a group of former low-level druid trainers in Hyjal, patrolling the western side of the zone.

from top left clockwise: Gart Mistrunner (with a Treant Ally), Zen'tabra, Mardant Strongoak and Celestine of the Harvest.

One of each druid race, so at least one "familiar face" for druids that took note of their surroundings when levelling, which they even acknowledge (see end of this post)

Mardant appears to be the leader of the team, as he proclaims the beginning and end of their tour.
    They start at the Sanctuary of Malorne, still each in their humanoid form:
    Mardant Strongoak says: All right, troops. Look alive! Is everyone ready?
    Zen'tabra says: Yeah mon. Let's get dis show on da road.
    Celestine of the Harvest says: On the prowl.
    Gart Mistrunner says: It's stomping time.
    Mardant Strongoak says: All right team, all systems are go! It's morphin' time!
    Mardant Strongoak says: Ready yourselves in 3...
    Mardant Strongoak says: 2...
    Mardant Strongoak says: 1..
    Mardant Strongoak says: Battle forms, go!
    Mardant Strongoak says: Take your positions! We are ready to roll.

Mardant transforms into a bear, Celestine into a cat and Gart into a moonkin. I think Zen'tabra is supposed to be the healer, but she uses balance spells anyway, I've never seen her turn into a tree.
    They travel west and north, towards the Whistling Grove. They attack all enemies on their route (but don't worry, their corpses still are valid targets for Perfecting Your Howl) with appropriate abilities for their form, except Celestine, who just melees. She also doesn't get behind mobs, which is rather weird for a cat.

When they reach the northern end, they circle back to a cliff over northwestern Ashen Lake:
    Mardant Strongoak says: Good work, druids! This area looks secure. Let's head back to base.
    Mardant Strongoak says: Assume flight form in 3...
    Mardant Strongoak says: 2...
    Mardant Strongoak says: 1..
    Mardant Strongoak says: Storm crow, go!

They fly over the Ashen Lake, circle a few times above the Sanctuary, then land at their starting positions, shifting back:
    Mardant Strongoak says: Good work, team! Take a breather and report back soon.
    and rest for some minutes.

An additional gem is that if you talk to them on a druid character, the one corresponding to your character's race will have a short speech for you:

(Worgen) Celestine:
    <Name>, I am not surprised to see you here. I always thought you were my brightest pupil. I am honored to fight alongside you, my friend.
    (Tauren) Gart:
    Hello, <Name>. I heard the call to arms, so I've temporarily taken up my fighting form. You have learned all that I have to teach, so I leave you one last lesson. Fight bravely, young one, as an honored member of the Horde.
    (Night Elf) Mardant:
    <Name>, you look well. I heard the call to arms, which is why I've left our home and come here to join the fight.

I see you have grown much since we last met. I am honored to have taught you. You are a true hero of the Allance.
    (Troll) Zen'tabra:
    Ahh <Name>, it be good to see ya once agin. Da threat to dese lands be grave, and I come to join da fight. I see ya grown in your own. Good. You mek me, an' all your tribe, proud.
    Otherwise they just say:
    You come to join the fight, <class>?

An entertaining detail of that area, especially for druids, and even though they have nearly no ingame purpose (well, as I mentioned, you may find use for the corpses of their enemies) but I wish there'd be more stuff like this

(me and the gang)

For completeness' sake, here are their battle quotes:

Celestine:
    What big teeth I have? Why thank you.
    I've sharpened my claws just for this moment.
    Begone from these lands, invader!
    The very trees repel your presence!
    Gart:
    Taste the fury of my moonbeam!
    Fire! Fire! Fire!
    Mardant:
    Enemy sighting!
    If you haven't run by now, it's too late!
    Team druid, attack!
    Zen'tabra:
    It don't mattah what you do heah, ravager. Da land will heal after you be dead.
    Die! Let da fires consume ya once agin.
    Return to da fire from whence ya came, ya ill one.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2011-06-09 at 04:08 PM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    [size=3] druids, and even though they have nearly no ingame purpose (well, as I mentioned, you may find use for the corpses of their enemies) but I wish there'd be more stuff like this
    I agree, I love when Blizz adds stuff like this. Thanks for sharing :]

I have all four races as Druids... one for each spec (Feral Cat and Feral Bear separately)... and I approve of the Mighty Morphin' Druid Rangers!

Deleted
    This is brilliant!

Oh god it's the awsome 5 man druid patrol thing, awsome. They should add more little easter eggs like that

Now all they need to do is be banished from the Cenarion Circle for a crime they didn't commit, and the D-Team is born!

Love it, thanks for the write-up!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    That is just... Brilliant beyond words!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

15+ Year Old Account
    thanks for sharing, this is indeed verry awsome
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by ZehGeek View Post
    Oh god it's the awsome 5 man druid patrol thing, awsome. They should add more little easter eggs like that
    The tree is merely the moonkin's pet :P
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    u see its little things like this that the community loves.

ITS MORPHIN!

go go druid rangers do do do do do do dodo

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Now all they need to do is be banished from the Cenarion Circle for a crime they didn't commit, and the D-Team is born!
    +10 internets for you.

OP: Very cool, nice find!

10+ Year Old Account
    needs moar zen'kiki

10+ Year Old Account
    This (among others) is why we keep playing this game, and not the other thousand of mmos out there.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mardant Strongoak says: All right team, all systems are go! It's morphin' time!
    I fell off my chair

As long as Zen'Kiki stays out of it, I'll have fun.

Dumb druid is dumb.

Zen'kiki seems to be one of the possible companions during The Protectors of Hyjal, according to this comment

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    These types of things constantly remind me why I like WoW so much. Glorious. My Druid will definitely go on a few patrols with the D Team.

Just noticed another awesome (druid-related) moment in one of the introductory quests, Caught Unawares (which I had played several times before without noticing this)

This image hardly does it justice, though. Tholo Whitehoof and Anren Shadowseeker, who you might remember (or not, I admit that I for myself did not remember those NPCs' names ) as the questgivers directly outside the Nordrassil Inn when you first arrive in Hyjal, are constantly attacked by elementals. But whenever they are not in combat (usually only after players had helped them, due to the near-instant respawn with a few seconds before the elementals charge) they go back to back, circling around while covering each other, while constantly reassuring each other ("We must stay together, Tholo!" "Together we can do anything, Anren!")

---------- Post added 2011-06-11 at 09:52 AM ----------

Update on Tholo & Anren: They also appear at the Sanctuary of Malorne during the first phase of the dailies (I assume until you complete Calling for Reinforcements)
    Conversation texts:
    If there's one thing I know, it's that you can always count on a good friend. If you have such a person in your life, cherish them well.
    Tholo and I are joining the Firelands invasion effort. Live together, fight together, die together. That's what brothers are for!
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2011-06-13 at 01:38 PM.