• Yes, totally justified.

344 40.00%
  • No, he's still just a little kid.

242 28.14%
  • Undecided, know too little to judge.

274 31.86%
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    When I first read this I thought that it could be kinda an accident (yknow, my brother has punched me in the face quite a few times, and theres always the chance that you can just hit someone in the wrong spot, especially as a child, and they just dont wake up). Then I read the article. Then I saw his brother was 2. Then I saw his life and what has happened. That kid needs help, really. Look at his life, did he really have that much of a chance? Its like those people whose parents are serial killers and they are groomed into it, is it really their fault? This poor kids life has been one disaster strung to another, and maybe he can turn around if he is in a more proper family, but prision will only fuck him up for life and make him a criminal forever.
    Last edited by Darkdruidelf; 2011-06-07 at 06:44 PM.

"A tough childhood" isn't an excuse for murder.

I don't say life sentence but he should not be allowed the same rights as other people are.
    well , he wasnt born being a criminal. Parents made him like that. if you read the whole thing you will find that his father suicide in front of his face just to not get caught by the police. he basically used the child as a shield and then BOOM.
    we are not asking for no intervention, however life sentence and death sentence is kinda absurd for a child.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    "A tough childhood" isn't an excuse for murder.

I don't say life sentence but he should not be allowed the same rights as other people are, should also definitely be watched over.
    Nobody is saying he shouldn't be blamed for the murder. Only question here is how much should he be blamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenetix View Post
    I think that it's incredibly difficult to change an adult.

Kids.. can/will change. I have seen it with my own eyes, working with youth in a rough community setting. I'm talking about kids from all walks of life. Some have older brothers who run the blocks surrounding the center. I am literally in there schooling these kids about life while their siblings are across the street slanging crack.

Kids can change. Shame on you for not realizing the potential of a young mind.
    An adult is hard to change because their childhood is over, his childhood sadly ended as soon as he decided to take out all his preserveed hatred on a defenseless baby.

Sure he can change on the outside, to make people think he's better. But he will always have those thoughts of abuse and guilt(if he has any conscience) inside him.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I think that it's incredibly difficult to change an adult.
    if animals can change, what stop us humans from doing it. Unless of course, you born with a mental condition.
    but in this case, forensic psychologists said that the child have chances to change. lets leave judgement like this to professionals.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he should go to prison, but not for life.

An adult is hard to change because their childhood is over, his childhood sadly ended as soon as he decided to take out all his preserveed hatred on a defenseless baby.
    you guys seriously need to read the whole thing! LOL. it has been stated theres no evidence that the child did it on purpose or he didnt have any purpose. it could be both or could be none. who knows.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrabblet View Post
    Because then he can be released as a 30 years old, prison raised productive citizen?

Deleted
    Therapy and help.
    12 Years is way to early to give up on somebody.

Sending a 12 year old to jail for life is just wrong, and wont solve anything

Deleted
    He should be in therapy for the rest of his life to say the least and when the littlest thing goes wrong send him away to jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda1337 View Post
    His childhood has ruined him mentally for all future, he can get all the help he wants, he will never truly change(people don't change).
    People do change, and have. We always hear about the ones who continue to be dumbasses, but we wont hear about the people changing cause well, theyve changed. A life sentance at 12? What kinda moronic judge does that? Now, im 99% sure the kid wont really spend life in prison, but thats besides the point. Get that fucking judge outta there and slap his ass in prison, see how he likes it.

The kid has a history of hurting his baby brother severely...While I would rather see him be helped, I believe at this point there's no help for him.

Deleted

Sure he can change on the outside, to make people think he's better. But he will always have those thoughts of abuse and guilt(if he has any conscience) inside him.
    That's one of the more juvenile things I read on mmo-champ recently. When you're older and more mature we'll see how you'll look at things like this.

So you are saying that because he may experience thoughts of guilt/past abuse that he is 100% going to re-offend? Or even remotely close to that?

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time in a mental hospital. He's still at the age where saving him could be possible. Maybe a few years in one. It's not a bad thing, they really do help people like him.

Quote Originally Posted by chocho View Post
    you guys seriously need to read the whole thing! LOL. it has been stated theres no evidence that the child did it on purpose or he didnt have any purpose. it could be both or could be none. who knows.
    Yeah because a 12 year old that has a history of hurting a baby probably didn't mean anything by beating him (likely in the head). Whether he tried to kill him or 'just' tried to savagely beat a baby to the point of putting into a coma from the sounds of it, he's psychotic and needs to be removed from the mainstream society. Maybe not for life, but for a long time. Being a kid does not give you the right to end someone's life with lesser consequences.

10+ Year Old Account
    tbh the prosecuters want to try him as an adult so they can keep him in therapy as if he,s tried as a juvenille he gets let go at 18 etc and they cant touch him .this way they can remand him into mental health care etc they have to do this for the reasons everyone has stated for his own safety and so they can monitor him etc.

the kid has been through alot and until we know how his wee brother was killed if it was violently or a game that got well out of hand then he neeeds the therapy and he cant be any where near children for fear of what he might do .

also the mother has in someway to take blame for this too she left the younger siblnig for 2 hours before seeking medical help she,s covered up previous issues the boy has had happen she goes along as if its all another world regardless of teh damage its doing to him .

i voted undecided but if my reasoning holds true that the prosecuters want to do teh above then yes he has to be ,but if its some sort of witch hunt for some lawyer to make a name for himself then no only the judge can decide really .
    Faith Manages

Quote Originally Posted by Scrabblet View Post
    Mind explaining to me what good you think this will being into this child's life?

Deleted
    For god sake he is 12 YEARS OLD. His just a child. Blame his parents, perhaps they didn't learn him that it's wrong to kill... or he is probabaly just retarded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wierd View Post
    For god sake he is 12 YEARS OLD. His just a child. Blame his parents, perhaps they didn't learn him that it's wrong to kill... or he is probabaly just retarded.
    He never really had any parents