Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tygry View Post
    I agree that it might seem like a lot but on alts, I'd rather have to grind more honor than find less-than-ideal arena comps/trade PUGs just to get a PvP weapon. Last expansion, I didn't have any weapon options without committing more time to arenas on alts so that left me with gearing appropriately for raiding just so I could trade up lower tier BoEs/heroic weapons. No thanks
    well, I also didn't bother in wrath (oppose to TBC) as I had no time for it.
    That said, the idea of doing 18500 honor for them is just the same for me as in wrath: not worth my time.
    putting a limit so that you can't get them straight up is understandable, but this number is so ridiculously high, that you can spend less time with a couple of arena matches per week, and get the new and better pvp weapons almost before the S9 ones, depending how much time you pass on it.
    numbers like that just doesn't encourage you to play at all, and that's a major problem. Removing ratings on gear already made people either don't care about ratings , and just do pvp for points, or try and get really high ratings, because lets'face it, the challenges of pvp is 2.2k and glad, there is no middle points anymore.

This is another hit to it, as it's discouraging to even do something, especially when you loose and gain a wooping 70 honor in 30min.
    Last edited by ragingsoul; 2011-06-08 at 02:39 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard

I dont see the problem really..
    These items you can buy with honor next patch, everyone have them now (even those who have not done 1 single arena game) They cost conquest, you can get 1250 conquest points in 1 day for doing daily heroics and converting valor to conquest. And as i understand it, Blizzard are removeing the item-set with req 2.2k rateting (the one you buy with tokens) and prob the weapons too, so why QQ about something that everyone already have, i dont get it!
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Quote Originally Posted by ragingsoul View Post
    read again
    For example, Vicious Gladiator's Pike costs 3400 Honor Points to purchase. However, players must first earn a total of 18500 Honor Points during Season 10 before they are able to purchase it.

they are gonna put a ridiculous 18500 cap before you can get T1 weapons, which like said before, won't mean much in 4.2
    That's almost a full set of gear before you can take it.
    I find it really really excessive. grinding 18500 honor is massive, and if you need the weapon, you don't have really good dmg/gear to begin with.
    So it's countless hours of getting slain in BGs by other people. I'm disgusted by this change really, and hope it doesn't make it live with this honor requirement.

your rogue will need a full vicious set before you can take the weapons.
    i know he needs to be full vicious to get the weapon. but in the end he will have it. if they would not be for sale he would still stick with it.
    and 18500 honor ain't that hard to get.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    I don't see the problem. Tier one weapon available will allow people who hate pve to skip dungeon crawling and just pvp for gear.
    even thought they say its going to take 18k honor cumulatively to be able to unlock the ability to buy them, im ok with this for my alts :P better than doing stupid dungeons to get a heroic weapon and horde conquest points for a month to get a weapon. on a good day i can get 2k honor. so i see it as just a couple week grind vs the 3-4 weeks it took to get it b4.

on a side note, this just ends pve'ing to pvp for casual players. its not hurting anyone in the long run so i dont see why anyone would oppose this.
    Last edited by DiscoGhost; 2011-06-08 at 09:49 PM.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

you can get 1250 conquest points in 1 day for doing daily heroics and converting valor to conquest.
    not everyone does this though,some people still need valor point upgrades.but maybe this was why someone said its faster to get cp pvp gear then it is honor pvp gear

i didnt think about the fact you could trade valor for conquest points until i saw that