15+ Year Old Account

Question Herbs - What would you do?

Hey all,

So let's say you have multiple toons with multiple profs maxed out. Now let's say you have an absurd amount of herbs in your bags and bank.

How would you best profit from these herbs? Sell them raw? Make pots (doesn't do well on my server for some odd reason) or flasks? Send them to scribe and prospect to sell ink or make cards?

Just looking for opinions. Thx in advance!

Check your server and see which would give you the most money and then do that. Seems like pots wouldn't be the option according to you so just check out the AH for the other options.

Personally what I have done in the past is use the herbs to transmute uncommon gems into rares and then sell some cuts on the AH. You may want to wait until 4.2 hits and people are getting new gear and need gems to put in them though.
    Last edited by Ineras; 2011-06-08 at 01:33 AM.

Deleted
    I think either potions (with an alchemy with potion mastery ofcourse) or Darkmoon cards. Probably wanna hurry up if you decide for cards though, there are not many darkmoon faires until the next patch where the price will drop ALOT

15+ Year Old Account
    Both very good points, thanks you two.

Go to www.theunderminejournal.com. This website will give you your realms current auction house prices, and the prices over the weeks. This way you can see for yourself which is more profitable.
    "And I looked and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto him over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ummagummas View Post
    Go to www.theunderminejournal.com. This website will give you your realms current auction house prices, and the prices over the weeks. This way you can see for yourself which is more profitable.
    Awesome tool, tyvm Umma!

I wouldnt make DMF cards out of them, with 4.2 hitting soon im sure we will see a drop in those shortly (not a big one, but a drop nonetheless). IMO glyphs or gem xmutes are the way to go. If elixirs have a good profit margin on your server i would consider respec'ing to flask and stockpile those for 4.2.

EDIT: i wouldnt rule out potions just yet, i'm sure we will see a spike in those when new raid content hits.

TL;DR wait till 4.2 to see what prices are doing, until then dabble in all markets
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

10+ Year Old Account
    Roll em and smoke em.

Or make Flasks. Check pricing on your AH and make the one with the fewest up and best price.

Don't stick to one thing with the herbs.

Diversify your stock. Make some into glyphs, some into cards, some into flasks, and sell some herbs as stacks / 4's/5's etc.
    PEWPEW

10+ Year Old Account
    I own the mysterious fortune card business on my server and it works out pretty well.
    Good thing to know before milling:
    Whiptail/Twilight Jasmine mill for an average of 5 blackfallow ink and 1 inferno ink per stack
    Stormvine/Azshara's Veil/Heartblossom/Cinderbloom mill for an average of 4 blackfallow ink and half an inferno ink per stack.

I see the price of darkmoon cards crashing pretty hard after 4.2, I wouldn't invest. Instead I sell all my inferno inks on the AH.
    Glyphs is probably a bad business for you to get into because it is almost always owned by an AH camper on your server that will undercut you before you can blink. Flasks can sell well, but on my server they sell below the price of mats except one or two nights a week
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

Alchemist, Herbalist here:

I would avoid flasks, they sell well, but not in large quantities. The new guild perk has kind of ruined selling those as of late. If you want to do alchemy with it, I would strongly encourage a diversity of potions. There aren't a ton of potion masters around in my experience and people use a lot of these each week and they don't use volatiles, so you can turn around and put those on AH if you have a bunch. You should wait on selling volatiles for when patch hits because crafters will want them.

smoke them!
    .... oh wait....
    for real: sell them on the AH.

Deleted
    Some combination of the methods you mentioned, taking your servers AH prices into consideration.