Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm kind of blown away that no one's complaining more heavily about the pvp weapon change. 11600 points is about 8 weeks below the 1500 bracket. That gives firelands raiders a 9 week head start on weapons. I'm sure the number will be reduced a week or two after the season begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    You stupid fool, no offence but you've clearly not played Rift. Questing is not only kill x gather y. I mean in wow you got that, and the only ways to level in wow is by quests, bgs are useless unless it's a cta.. and cta is only eye, wsg, ab , av, remember you got many other CTA which even wont work for the low levels. But in rift we got quests, invasion/rift/major rift farming with 20 people++ dungeon, bg. You can't call wow dungeon 2-3 bars each dungeon exp... rift got repatable quests every time you enter the dungeon and much more extra loot.. anyway wrong topic anyway
    That's funny, apart from the first 15 levels I always level my toons up by dungeon farming and I level up a lot faster than most people I know by doing that, I can quite happily speed on ahead of guildies and what not by just doing dungeons and I don't always need heirlooms to do it either, think you might be doing something wrong if you don't think dungeon runs are viable as a leveling method.

Anyway back on topic, Firelands looks interesting... hope the quests will be worth it.
    For the Horde!

Keeping the Rewards Coming

In the absence of gaining levels, there are still ways to reward players who want to continue questing or playing through quest-like experiences. Here are some things (there may be more) that might encourage players like this to stick around:

Participation in an epic story
    A sense of progress
    Discovery of something new or unexpected each day
    Earning character customization (including cool mounts!)
    Earning fun toys
    Making your character more powerful

Lol, epic story? WoW lost all of it in this expansion (all bosses are recicled/retconed besides Al`kir). Plus after Arthas one would hope they would bring some interesting villain, maybe azhara but we end up getting Deathwing...

Discovery something new... We all know there arent many new things to discover, things as the hidden places that once existed were lost and we all know what would happen if you were caught "exploring" too much.

The customization part isnt even worth commenting. I mean "cool mounts" is what they consider customization? Where is the costume tab we ask everyday?

Its amazing that instead of trying harder to fix stuff to stop losing players they rather say "hey, look here, you are doing wrong, let me tell you what to do, dont quit please, stick around!".

Woo, Survival love! And more pets! /drool Can't wait for Hyjal dailies! And damn, I was hoping to stock up valor to buy outright the new stuff, LOL figured it'd be a waste.

15+ Year Old Account
    wasnt this 4k jp cap supposed to be removed a while ago? I thought the cap was only supposed to be temporary they said...

You stupid fool, no offence but you've clearly not played Rift. Questing is not only kill x gather y. I mean in wow you got that, and the only ways to level in wow is by quests, bgs are useless unless it's a cta.. and cta is only eye, wsg, ab , av, remember you got many other CTA which even wont work for the low levels. But in rift we got quests, invasion/rift/major rift farming with 20 people++ dungeon, bg. You can't call wow dungeon 2-3 bars each dungeon exp... rift got repatable quests every time you enter the dungeon and much more extra loot.. anyway wrong topic anyway
    "Dunegones, BGs and quests don't count in WoW, but in Rift they sure do!"

Anyone find out the 2 other new rare tameable pets? /excited all over again that I won't be able to just tame spider reskins

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    I looked in to my crystal ball and am predicting the future patchs:

Some bug fixes for the new patch, oh and a nerf to death knights

Added some vanity pets, and a nerf to death knights

Caught a bug, fixed it... oh and a nerf to death knights

Added Dance studio!

--and a nerf to death knights.
    Ofc keep making movies with Death Knights .

New content and things to do at 85 sounds like a good idea since they removed world immersion and lower level content from the game.

Forgive me if I don't fall out of my chair with enthusiasm. Half of everything blizzard says is empty promises that gets scrapped before public test realms.

What might be a good idea is complete fail and screwed up in the current context and perspective of recent implementations.

Quote Originally Posted by Solomodex View Post
    i didnt see a conquest points to honor in there or am i just blind? im assuming it turns into honor but do we get some silver each conquest point? just curious for pvp'ers sake.

Taken from http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2880562

"At the end of the season, Conquest Points will be converted to Honor Points, possibly exceeding the 4,000 point Honor cap"

"The next Arena and Rated Battleground season will begin for level-85 players approximately one week after the end of Season 9 and will coincide with the awarding of Season 9 titles and mounts. At that time, any Honor accrued above the 4,000-point cap will be converted into gold at a rate of 35 silver per point"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay release date! Can't wait

Revert Cloak and Combat readiness!

Quote Originally Posted by Zzad View Post
    While Blizzard keeps on nerfing classes other games like RIFT keeps on offering amazing new patches like the upcoming 1.3 "Waves of Madness"........ Srry guys..... Im off this shit !!!
    But you see WoW is better...
    "More pewpew less QQ"

This post was merely a setback!

Rift is pretty dull for me as opposed to wow. no offense to their devs but i beleve buffing classes will lead to unnecessary nerfs because you'll get so strong to the point of blowing through current teir content. balance at least isn't as bad. that the way i see it. (basically everyone will get OP in rift)
    Still too early to know for sure though.
    dunno how they will do with dungeon scaling. I doubt they will IMO.
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2011-06-08 at 05:05 AM.

You have to admit though Rift is implementing content at the moment much faster than WoW.

But we really don't need any hate going around about it, I personally don't like the game because it has lackluster PvP; horrible animations and lack of customization in addition to a linear class system.

People will play the games they want to play, even if there is a "better" game. So stop going around spreading hate about WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    BLA BLAH BLAH rift, go and find some amusing forum of your game and gtfo of our wow forum, thanks

Deleted
    PvP weapon change sucks ass. There is a reason people go for weapons first. Guess those who raid will have a ~8 week ahead start on higher ilvl weapons as opposed to those with 1 raid char and 1 PvP char.. FFFFFFUUUUUUUUU Blizz. Also looks like Mages will be the only kings of arena next season. DK = Nerfed. Warrior = Nerfed. Mage, naahh not so much.

Thething is, rift is about 3 months old. Wow is over 6 YEARS old! Blizz has way more gaming xp. Rifts devs may get better but they have a long way to go before reaching blizzard status. Wow just has a more interesting world than rift. So unique and always changing. all IMO of course.
    (sry for going OT and all)

---------- Post added 2011-06-08 at 01:17 AM ----------

btw June 21 is perfect!! First day of summer break!!
    now ive got stuff to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ungar View Post
    New content and things to do at 85 sounds like a good idea since they removed world immersion and lower level content from the game.

Forgive me if I don't fall out of my chair with enthusiasm. Half of everything blizzard says is empty promises that gets scrapped before public test realms.

What might be a good idea is complete fail and screwed up in the current context and perspective of recent implementations.
    I have to agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Weightless View Post
    Can we lol @ all the morons now who thought they wouldn't release a patch in the summer?
    just wanted to point out :

Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    I would say tuesday 21/6 .

last 2 major patches/expansion we're on a world event and since next world event is mid-summer festival (flamwarden) I suspect that when they'll launch 4.2
    B-I-N-G-O !