Page 1 of 23
... LastLast

People realistically think this will kill WoW

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/06...an/2#c34242462

Let me preface this by saying I hate Blizzard..have for a good two maybe three years now and I really dislike some of the WoW fans out there. Watching that right there has got to be the saddest amount of development I have seen in a very long time.

Yes mods that is a link to a SWToR E3 vid and it does belong right here because those fans are claiming daily that SWToR will kill WoW and people should be allowed to defend their game as this applies heavily to WoW and other MMO's out there.

Now back to my original question. People honestly after watching that...outside of the voice acting think that will touch WoW?

Guild wars 2 looks like a bigger competitor to me, but that's just my opinion.
    The Glowing Piece of Radical Rock!

Quote Originally Posted by AggroCrag32 View Post
    Guild wars 2 looks like a bigger competitor to me, but that's just my opinion.
    I am so rarely confused, but after watching that I am just shocked. That won't touch WoW with a 10 foot pole and I don't even play it anymore

1) If you stopped playing WoW, why are you still here?

2) Star Wars has a much higher fan base than Warcraft ever will, and that is a fact. And since I'm assuming you made this under the presumption that the graphics are bad, please remember that the settings were tuned down greatly for the stream, and that a game shouldn't be judged on graphics alone. Graphics should be the last thing to judge on a game.

3) No game is going to kill WoW. Blizzard will kill WoW, or it will die off of age.
    "Imagine coming across a mentally disabled person who was not only drunk, high, but had a full frontal lobotomy leaving little to no intelligence left in their body.

He would be NORMAL, compared to me."

Nah it wont kill WoW. I dont think anyone can kill WoW. It will have to die on its own. Doesn't mean I wont play it though. I am a huge SW fan so I definately look forward to giving it a shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care if it kills WoW or not. Competition will be a good thing for all concerned.

That being said, voice acting is really, really not something I look for in an MMORPG. If what I'm looking for is awesome voice, I'd play a single-player game.

What exactly aren't you impressed with?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/06...an/2#c34242462

Let me preface this by saying I hate Blizzard..have for a good two maybe three years now and I really dislike some of the WoW fans out there. Watching that right there has got to be the saddest amount of development I have seen in a very long time.

Yes mods that is a link to a SWToR E3 vid and it does belong right here because those fans are claiming daily that SWToR will kill WoW and people should be allowed to defend their game as this applies heavily to WoW and other MMO's out there.

Now back to my original question. People honestly after watching that...outside of the voice acting think that will touch WoW?
    If I figured it could kill WoW, it wouldn't be doing it itself.

Rift, SWTOR, GW2, and the myriad of other games announced so far, are going to do it.

So again, it won't be done by just one title. I think that's impossible, but together, they can at the very least begin the process of ending WoW's run.

Edit: So, why is it -not- going to kill WoW?
    Last edited by Conscious; 2011-06-08 at 02:44 AM.

pure maybe you should spend more time telling us why you think the way you do and less time taunting the mods. You didnt make a single point of wow its not a wow killer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amry View Post
    I don't really care if it kills WoW or not. Competition will be a good thing for all concerned.

That being said, voice acting is really, really not something I look for in an MMORPG. If what I'm looking for is awesome voice, I'd play a single-player game.
    Your pathetic magic will BETRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

10+ Year Old Account
    SWTOR doesn't target the same audience that WoW does, which are players that don't dedicate large portions of time to game.

This game will demand the opposite if you want to get your money's worth. Therefore, it will not pull the casual gamers away from WoW.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    Your pathetic magic will BETRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I still hate that bitch
    <---only caster in our 10 man heroic...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by palpableimmunity View Post
    SWTOR doesn't target the same audience that WoW does, which are players that don't dedicate large portions of time to game.

This game will demand the opposite if you want to get your money's worth. Therefore, it will not pull the casual gamers away from WoW.

Citation needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post

Citation needed.
    So both hardcore players will play it? SWTOR wont have long life in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Remnas View Post
    1) If you stopped playing WoW, why are you still here?

2) Star Wars has a much higher fan base than Warcraft ever will, and that is a fact. And since I'm assuming you made this under the presumption that the graphics are bad, please remember that the settings were tuned down greatly for the stream, and that a game shouldn't be judged on graphics alone. Graphics should be the last thing to judge on a game.

3) No game is going to kill WoW. Blizzard will kill WoW, or it will die off of age.
    Whoa whao easy tiger

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Why are people spreading misinformation?

The biggest threat to WoW is itself. Same with every MMO.

Why are people spreading misinformation?
    I don't know..hate it too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Citation needed.
    Have you been keeping up to date with SWTOR's in-game systems?

They require time and dedication, as well as community involvement. Those are 3 things that the casual wow player has no interest in.

Ignoring those points, look at who's developing it. Bioware. What is Bioware known for? Story.

How many casuals are going to sit through cutscene after cutscene when they have an hour to hit buttons? Ignoring the story will drastically ruin the experience. It would be the same as closing your eyes and spamming A while yelling "BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH" whenever you got to a cutscene in Mass Effect.

---------- Post added 2011-06-07 at 11:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    I don't know what that's supposed to mean.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

None of these new games will kill WoW and anyone who says they will is plain stupid to do so, WoW has 3 expansions under its belt, one of the most competitive PVE Endgame community's spanning across the globe, Almost Total Addon and Mod support, Open source for the UI and more. In order for a game to realistically kill WoW its gona have to survive for about a year or 2 on new blood, because i doubt a majority of the WoW community will jump ship know the past "WoW killer's track recrods.