Thread: AVR is back

AVR has always been in the game, it's called using your brain.

And why are they releasing this again? Blizz broke it the first time because they didn't want this addon in the game. And they've released raid markers which are practically the same thing anyway.

I dunno, this one looks ok because there is no automation like the old version.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadora View Post
    I dunno, this one looks ok because there is no automation like the old version.
    its an example of the draw feature...

The last thread about this got deleted. I never did find out if it was legitimate 100% in-game Lua code to work around not being able to get the camera pitch any more.

And BTW folks, AVRe did the drawing automagically based on boss mechanics. AVR was just the meat and potatoes of that code.
    Moo.

inb4 dicks.
    no really, you know someone will use this to do that.
    if it has no automation, i could see it being allowed... maybe.

beyond that, idc.

now back to salivating over dark souls.
    Last edited by mordale; 2011-06-08 at 06:25 AM.

The last thread about this got deleted. I never did find out if it was legitimate 100% in-game Lua code to work around not being able to get the camera pitch any more.
    Dunno why it would get deleted, but this looks legit.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has stated ANY type of AVR will be disabled, though I do not have source unfortunately but I do remember them saying that

So it's likely going kaboom

The automation of AVRe was bad for the game. However, Blizzard broke AVR not just to get rid of AVRe, but because it "alters the game world", which goes against the Terms of Service you agreed to when clicking the game.

Drawing on the world was never intended, so it'll be broken again.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

What don't they like about AVR? I remeber using it on blood price so i could get the perfect range for the everyone explode thing, Do they care about that or the floor drawing?
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy, I'm going to be able to draw so many penises again!

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I remeber using it on blood price so i could get the perfect range for the everyone explode thing,
    I remember using it on blood princes to draw penises

Agree with Resentful (WTF over 4 thousands posts in 4 months - how can you kill whom has no life?)

Anyway, in fact it was AVRe that made automatically the sprites for encounters. Imho, if they want absolutely to have it work in game, just make all sprites disappear/be deleted in combat.

Awesome for explaining tactics, but it really dumbs down encounters if active during them.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Agree with Resentful (WTF over 4 thousands posts in 4 months - how can you kill whom has no life?)

Anyway, in fact it was AVRe that made automatically the sprites for encounters. Imho, if they want absolutely to have it work in game, just make all sprites disappear/be deleted in combat.

Awesome for explaining tactics, but it really dumbs down encounters if active during them.
    ( I work a lot! nothing else to do :3 )

I give this a week, or not even a day before the shitstorm within the official forums comes out and it will be disabled in a heart beat

So let me get this right, as long as you cant draw a man sausage and balls blizzard is ok with it, as it seems purple diamonds and green triangles are all blizzard okied.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraggle View Post
    So let me get this right, as long as you cant draw a man sausage and balls blizzard is ok with it, as it seems purple diamonds and green triangles are all blizzard okied.
    You we're never meant to draw ANYTHING on the world, is what they've stated ( Clarify me if they didn't ) They weren't okay with it in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    You we're never meant to draw ANYTHING on the world, is what they've stated ( Clarify me if they didn't ) They weren't okay with it in the first place
    Exactly this. Interacting with 3d world via addons is against the EULA afaik.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Blizz fairly clearly stated by breaking it the first time that this is not a mod they are ok with. Drawing on the game world via addons is not in line with Blizzard's in-game policies.

Locking this.