Poll: Souls

Thread: Souls PvP / PvE

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Arrow Souls PvP / PvE

Hey

What do you guys think if blizzard made PvP souls and PvE souls. that means when they buff/nerf PvP will not effect PvE souls.

Like when you enter BG/arena - PvP souls will active...
    same with PvE.
    Last edited by mmoc4c74c5291c; 2011-06-08 at 06:14 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: now I actually made sense of the OP

- Separating pvE and pvp is apparently too hard in there eyes OP sorry
    Last edited by Resentful; 2011-06-08 at 06:30 AM.

Deleted
    I think the idea is good! cus Then blizzard can nerf a ability that is to OP in PvE but it is Normal for pvp. so they can nerf it in PvE soul. same wiht pvp! if something to good in PvP nerf in pvp soul!

Comment what you think and improve the idea

Somewhere Blizz said that they won't do that because have two versions of a spell would make things to complicated for new players. Really wish they would though. Sick and tired of imbalance in PvP affecting my PvE.

Yes, lets copy rift. Which has a pvp specific soul you can put points into. Original idea man.

Deleted
    Well then they shuold make PvP abiitys and PvE. problem solve!

That would make the game incoherent and feel stupid and rigid.

No, I don't want to NEED to play a certain spec to even be able to do PvP.

Deleted
    Souls eh? Go back to Rift plx

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by veldrinal View Post
    That would make the game incoherent and feel stupid and rigid.
    Well if they make. QQ post will be off. since. a pve will not QQ about "why nerf this cus of pvp "

---------- Post added 2011-06-08 at 07:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Souls eh? Go back to Rift plx
    it is not about rift...just think outside the box!

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Somewhere Blizz said that they won't do that because have two versions of a spell would make things to complicated for new players. Really wish they would though. Sick and tired of imbalance in PvP affecting my PvE.
    See thing is they kind are already doing it like for example a rogue's Blind is only 8 seconds on a player but 1 minute of an NPC. It changes its function depending on who you're attacking. I understand it might be hard to remember even though I think it wouldnt anything too drastic, but the hardcore pvpers pvp and the hardcore pvers pve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who the hell transfered that annoying "OP" to mmo. I'm tired of seeing it. Grrr.

P.S I would embrace that idea. I'd hate to come up against a pvp geared person when I'm wearing my cozy white gown and picking up flowers...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    See thing is they kind are already doing it like for example a rogue's Blind is only 8 seconds on a player but 1 minute of an NPC. It changes its function depending on who you're attacking. I understand it might be hard to remember even though I think it wouldnt anything too drastic, but the hardcore pvpers pvp and the hardcore pvers pve.
    Well that is blind. It is about ability/talens that keep's get nerf cus of pvp that effeckt PvE. same wiht pve to pvp
    dmg on ability etc...

Deleted
    I hear Rift doesn't work. Let's not use it's ideas until it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Delle View Post
    Well if they make. QQ post will be off. since. a pve will not QQ about "why nerf this cus of pvp "

---------- Post added 2011-06-08 at 07:02 AM ----------

it is not about rift...just think outside the box!
    It's precisely about Rift, a game in which the entire Soul concept serves only to provide levelling players with an illusion of choice regarding what class they can play, but are still eventually pigeon holed into the small handful of ''viable classes''.

We don't need that sort of outside the box thinking.
    Last edited by mmoc52fe769775; 2011-06-08 at 07:16 AM.

Deleted
    Ok. Soul name is worng... but smiler idea like that. So when ever they buff/nerf/remake a ability/talens, that will effeckt PvP/PVE cus of PVE/PvP.

so it wont effeckt...

---------- Post added 2011-06-08 at 07:23 AM ----------

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post11767781

about warlock nerf in pvp. They nerf the dots on multi target...that effeckt PvE ppl..

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    Edit: now I actually made sense of the OP

- Separating pvE and pvp is apparently too hard in there eyes OP sorry
    Actually, it's pretty hard.

First, it would require a complete rework of every class, somethign you can think for a new exspansion.
    Second, t would require a complete overhaul of spells and abilities, defining which ones should work in PvE and PvP.

Third, it would require double the work to balance everything.

Fourth, we will end for PvP with every class having different abilities with different names that do the same thing (GW style). Perfectly balanced.

Fifth, PvE will end the same thing.

While it will be better for balance, having mixed PvP and PvE is the only thing atm that is keeping classes different.

BTW, Resentful do me a nice signature.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    No, worst idea ever. Instead make separate arena/tournament servers and have them balanced but keep the normal/PvP worlds balance separate. BGs and world PvP have always worked just fine without the excessive tuning and homogenization.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I would like a separate system, it's just too much to ask for at this point in the game's life.

Deleted

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    As much as I would like a separate system, it's just too much to ask for at this point in the game's life.
    but they can make it...if they want ofc...
    it is not hard at all. like how they usd blind. in pve blind is 1 min and in pvp 8 sec

so they can...if X ability use on PvP target does so mush dmg /healing-
    if Z ability use on PvE will does so mush dmg /healing

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Third, it would require double the work to balance everything.
    It would require half the work to balance everything...
    Let's say something needs to be nerfed in PvP but it is totally fine for PvE.

As of now, you have to evaluate the PvP and PvE status of the ability, make a change, and evaluate the PvP and PvE impact of the change.
    With total separation, you consider the PvP status of the ability, make a change, and evaluate the PvP impact of the change.

PvE is totally untouched and never even considered = half the work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER