Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I don't get why Gigabyte didn't use EUFI & the new features on their boards. I think right there is the difference between buying from Asus, MSI or Gigabyte, especially for "noob" users who like easy access and easy OC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Z68 ignored because there's no enthusiast boards on there at the moment that are worth purchasing. The ones out right now have reported issues.

The Sabertooth is enthusiast because of the responsive temperature system. This would be useless to anyone but someone who is actually going to push they're system to the point where that could become worthwhile information.
    What reported issues? =P So far the P67's have more reported issues than Z68's lol

Intel P67 'Sandy Bridge' Motherboard List

Muuuuch better list :P

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    I don't get why Gigabyte didn't use EUFI & the new features on their boards. I think right there is the difference between buying from Asus, MSI or Gigabyte, especially for "noob" users who like easy access and easy OC.
    Gigabyte can't put UEFI on their P67's because of the limited ROM storage on the board. The Z68's are capable of it, but have yet to receive it. The original variant of their dual bios on the P67's limited the capability as well.
    Last edited by Saithes; 2011-06-08 at 09:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    What reported issues? =P So far the P67's have more reported issues than Z68's lol

Intel P67 'Sandy Bridge' Motherboard List

Muuuuch better list :P

Gigabyte can't put UEFI on their P67's because of the limited ROM storage on the board. The Z68's are capable of it, but have yet to receive it. The original variant of their dual bios on the P67's limited the capability as well.
    List isn't organized. :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    List isn't organized. :<
    What..? Read again... Its organized by Vendor from High end

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is Sabertooth at the bottom of the Asus list o_O
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Why is Sabertooth at the bottom of the Asus list o_O
    Probably because its not considered high end, but not low end. More of just a utility board compared to others.

Does that include vat, taxes, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by mnm View Post
    omg newegg is so overpriced, i can get any of these board for 10-25% less at directcanada.com
    OMG, Newegg is so underpriced, I can't get any of those boards that aren't at least 30% more expensive in Sweden.
    &nbsp;

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    OMG, Newegg is so underpriced, I can't get any of those boards that aren't at least 30% more expensive in Sweden.
    Disingenuous snip aside, Newegg is presumably a direct competitor to that other store.

One board you didn't mention is pretty much the least expensive board out there capable of running 2 PCIe cards at x16, and is certified for SLi, CrossFire, 3-way SLI, 4-way CrossFireX and Quad Quadro cards: The ASUS WS Revolution.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-714-_-Product

In fact, looking at the list Saithes linked, it is the ONLY board under $330 (by a whopping $70) that has (2) PCIe x16. I considered this mandatory since I was going SLI with 2 GTX560 Ti's.
    Last edited by Becvar; 2011-06-09 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Becvar View Post
    One board you didn't mention is pretty much the least expensive board out there capable of running 2 PCIe cards at x16, and is certified for SLi, CrossFire, 3-way SLI, 4-way CrossFireX and Quad Quadro cards: The ASUS WS Revolution.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-714-_-Product

In fact, looking at the list Saithes linked, it is the ONLY board under $330 (by a whopping $70) that has (2) PCIe x16. I considered this mandatory since I was going SLI with 2 GTX560 Ti's.
    if only i thought about the crossfire support of 16x/16x when i bought my p8p67 that only runs 16x/4x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Becvar View Post
    Wat o_O
    A GTX560 doesn't need a 16x lane to max out it's bandwidth...even an 8x lane is more than enough. Realistically you only need a 16x lane to run dual-GPU cards like 590, 6990 or top-end single-GPU cards like 580/6970.

That being said, it's good to finally see a P67 board that can run two lanes @ 16x....up till now, only the top-end enthusiast X58 boards supported 16x/16x. I'm sure a lot of people who are into folding will be wanting this for their GTX590 SLI or HD6990 Crossfire setups because running those cards at 8x completely murders their performance.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-06-09 at 04:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wat o_O
    A GTX560 doesn't need a 16x lane to max out it's bandwidth...even an 8x lane is more than enough. Realistically you only need a 16x lane to run dual-GPU cards like 590, 6990 or top-end single-GPU cards like 580/6970.

That being said, it's good to finally see a P67 board that can run two lanes @ 16x....up till now, only the top-end enthusiast X58 boards supported 16x/16x. I'm sure a lot of people who are into folding will be wanting this for their GTX590 SLI or HD6990 Crossfire setups because running those cards at 8x completely murders their performance.
    The Maximus IV Extreme has been capable of this for awhile lol.. The CPU itself can't support more than 22 PCI-E lanes so manufacturers had to add an nForce 200 bridge chip or a LucidLogix bridge chip to extend the data lanes.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Maximus IV Extreme has been capable of this for awhile lol.. The CPU itself can't support more than 22 PCI-E lanes so manufacturers had to add an nForce 200 bridge chip or a LucidLogix bridge chip to extend the data lanes.
    Where does it say that though? In the Newegg description it specifically says dual @ 8x/8x.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where does it say that though? In the Newegg description it specifically says dual @ 8x/8x.
    http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...specifications

4 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (x16 or dual x8 or x8, x16, x16)

It has two x16/x16 on the 3rd and 4th PCI-E slots from the nForce 200 chip.

---------- Post added 2011-06-09 at 05:34 AM ----------

There's also Gigabyte's UD7-B3 mobo.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=3761#sp

How come this was not mentioned?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-708-_-Product

Just curious cause i bought a prebuilt with this installed in it (Yeah i know =p i suck)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    How come this was not mentioned?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-708-_-Product

Just curious cause i bought a prebuilt with this installed in it (Yeah i know =p i suck)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins
    Details:
    - mATX boards were ignored. This was due to the fact that they're the same board, with missing material and details, and make the list more cluttered. If you like/want a board, look for the mATX version if it exists, and if you are interested.
    /messagetooshort