ALA'KIR first attempts for Martyrs of Bronze Dragonflight

Hiya guys,

Just wanted to share our experiences and get peoples feedback on our progress on alakir.

We have had about 5 hours worth of tries and tbh we are having a decent amount of success, have last night gotten him to 0.3% yes 118k health left... gutted lol

But we find its very much a case of you either wipe in phase one or deep into phase 3.. is anyone else still finding that just when you think you have it sussed phase 1 comes up and bites you on the ass again lol

Anyway i wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on the best way to handle phase 3, currently we are all grouping up and when clouds come i move down (starting from top) and get everyone to click a follow macro to try to keep grouped, the trouble is when people get moved away from the group by the wind ability it seems hard to find the raid again

As i said we are nearly there but just having some trouble staying groupped in phase 3, also as a shammy healer why am i unable to use healing rain in phase 3? sux a bit tbh

Anyway look forward to your feedback

Gren

Deleted
    We just mark someone and everyone stacks on him .When clouds spawn we all just go down, when the lightnin is up we move back up again right below the lightnin. When u get windburst in p3 make sure ure raid gos a bit up again cause it knocks you down a bit. This way you get alittle more extra time to rape him in p3. Also, we use hero in p3.

10 or 25 man?
    Anyway, we tend to not stack up completely, as the lightning rod can be a pain in the ass if people don't get out fast enough.
    For p3 we all go in front of the boss with our heads against the ceiling. Then just call out on vent when ppl need to go down.

As for whiping in p1: I assume it's people getting caught in squal lines?
    "But I got a windburst just when the squal line passed! I couldn't have avoided that!" sound familiar?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwatcher View Post
    This image here might help ya out a bit

http://ocdcodemonkey.net/lunatic/dat...c47a9ce3db.jpg
    This sums it up pretty much. Arrange a few parts where people should stack up in one line. E.g. Feet, Waist, Belly, Breasts, head. Also, try to upload logs if you want more detailed help.

Deleted
    We managed al'akir a few weeks ago (normal, 10 men)
    The image sums it up nicely, but the first few attempts will cause a bit of chaos.

What we did is as follows:
    Start of P3, fly up until you can go no further.
    If needed spread out a little.

Everytime a cload appears, fly down (pressing X in the default key binding). Just straight down, until you are no longer in the cloud.

If everyone does this correctly, and handles the lightning rod correctly, you have plenty of time to spare before you get down to his feet.

Be aware: if one or more adds are alive at the end of P2, they will harass a player. (incl. their aoe)
    Kill them if you see them. (Unless you are going for the achievement)

Good luck!

Deleted
    Just mark yourself and get everyone to stand on you in p3, then whoever gets the Lightning just moves out to the left or right of the raid but still in range for heals.

Make sure you kill any adds in p3, and after a p3 wind burst make sure you get back close to the boss at a safe level. Aslong as you know what you're doing there is zero excuses for the rest of the raid to fail at grouping up in the right spot (ie on you).

Al'akir starts hard, and each phase is easier than the last, so you hopefully should nail it next time you get to P3 .

---------- Post added 2011-06-08 at 12:52 PM ----------

Just mark yourself and get everyone to stand on you in p3, then whoever gets the Lightning just moves out to the left or right of the raid but still in range for heals.

Make sure you kill any adds in p3, and after a p3 wind burst make sure you get back close to the boss at a safe level. Aslong as you know what you're doing there is zero excuses for the rest of the raid to fail at grouping up in the right spot (ie on you).

Al'akir starts hard, and each phase is easier than the last, so you hopefully should nail it next time you get to P3 .

Hiya Guys,

Thanks for the feedback and i am pleased to say that after a few wipes last night we have now successfuly downed Ala'kir, so we are now 11/12 onto nefarian now so fingers crossed as we really wanna clear normal difficulties before they nerf them...

Thanks again

Gren

It's Al'Akir btw, not Ala'kir.

...... thanks... but was that really essential?

Depends on whether you want to appear literate or not.

By the way, i notice its always the people who have nothing helpful to say who try to make make others sound idiotic, i personally would rather be helpful or positive, but hey you just keep pointing out the mistakes others make so it can take your mind off your own failings.