Deleted

Low memory addons

Hey, Im looking for addons to increase my FPS and make my UI still look pretty.
    So I need basically low CPU usage addons.

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    what kind of addons, i'm a huge fan of tukui which provides almost everything except recount and dbm and is very low on cpu usage, but its a full ui overhaul.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iznomage View Post
    what kind of addons, i'm a huge fan of tukui which provides almost everything except recount and dbm and is very low on cpu usage, but its a full ui overhaul.
    The problem with tukui is that it doesnt fit on my monitor.
    I need lightweight addons for raiding, like casting bars etc

I raid with Quartz, Bartender4 and BigWigs, OmniCC and RBS along with TidyPlates+ThreatPlates

These have been about the lightest I have come accross, but things like Bartender4 are not necessary and there are probably lighter version.

Hopefully others can suggest more/alternatives

Deleted
    I'm using:
    Dominos
    Buttonfacade
    DBM
    Recount

I could use lightweight minimap, casting bars and unitframes. Maybe some other handy stuff which I didn't mention?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NystiqEU View Post
    The problem with tukui is that it doesnt fit on my monitor.
    What resolution are you on? Plenty of people have mucked around with tukui to make it lowres/4:3 friendly afaik.

Just a quick comment. Your thread title says "low memory" but your thread content mentions CPU as a concern. If it's CPU you're worried about, you should ignore memory completely. It can often be the case that "higher" memory consuming addons have "lower" CPU consumption.

Since your concern is FPS, you should consider updating your thread title to say that you're looking for low CPU addons.

As far as high CPU addons go, a lot of bag mods (like ArkInventory), Recount, Grid, Bartender4, and Pitbull are actually fairly high up in terms of CPU utilization. The other potentially guilty type of addons are combat text addons.

My suggestion would be to find the raid and unit frames addons of your choice (since that's where you get the most UI customization) and then forgo any Recount, Combat Text, or fancy bag addons completely.

Recount is by far the one of the worst CPU consuming addons in high population.
    Last edited by Paperplate; 2011-06-08 at 02:27 PM.
    Hermes - Share cooldown status with raid/party.
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/hermes.aspx

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerr0r View Post
    What resolution are you on? Plenty of people have mucked around with tukui to make it lowres/4:3 friendly afaik.
    1024x768

Quote Originally Posted by Paperplate View Post
    Just a quick comment. Your thread title says "low memory" but your thread content mentions CPU as a concern. If it's CPU you're worried about, you should ignore memory completely. It can often be the case that "higher" memory consuming addons have "lower" CPU consumption.

Since your concern is FPS, you should consider updating your thread title to say that you're looking for low CPU addons.
    Thanks, but I cant edit it :\

1024x768
    Thanks, but I cant edit it :\
    Doh! I visit too many message boards. I added some other suggestions in my initial post that could be useful.
    Hermes - Share cooldown status with raid/party.
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/hermes.aspx

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
    Bag mods shouldn't be using performing lengthy operations that visibly affect FPS in combat, and especially when the bags aren't even open in the first place. If they are I'd call them badly designed, it's a lot better to have any lengthy processes execute such as filtering, searching and ordering when the bags are actually in use as opposed to when they're not.

Bartender4 uses a large amount of CPU time during the initialisation period compared to most other addons, but over time it's not that bad. OP might want to look into Dominos as an alternative, but I can't vouch for its efficiency in this area.

At any rate addons shouldn't be greatly diminishing your FPS unless they're badly designed, out of date, or if you're running on a toaster.
    Yeah, I'm using Dominos.

Thanks for the fast replies btw.

Replace Recount with TinyDPS if all you're concerned with is the damage/dps and healing done meters. That'll help some for sure.
    Moo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
    Oh right, you are. Just saw your other post above listing it

For a lightweight castbar option I'd say either give AzCastBar a shot or, as you're also looking for unitframes, using the integrated castbars that most UF addons have. StUF or SUF are good bets for light-ish unitframes.

I'd personally recommend against using the castbars that most UF's supply, they're normally considered to be extras and are generally not quite so feature-full or as optimized as a pure castbar addon might be.

And ditch Recount. If you really need a meter, switch to Skada and disable all but the most essential modules (or TinyDPS as mentioned above).

As for minimap addons, there should be no such thing as a heavy minimap. If you just want something super simple, there's about a million minimaps on WoWInterface which all do basically the same thing except they've decided to call them wMinimap, tMinimap, fMinimap or whatever.
    Thanks again, StUF is great .

Quote Originally Posted by Eilee View Post
    I raid with Quartz, Bartender4 and BigWigs, OmniCC and RBS along with TidyPlates+ThreatPlates
    Quartz does not calculate Haste for Dots/Hots correctly, so until this is fixed I would stay clear of it. As to Castbar I would use AzCastBar (no longer in development appearently though) or Gnosis.

---------- Post added 2011-06-09 at 07:28 AM ----------

I could use lightweight minimap, casting bars and unitframes. Maybe some other handy stuff which I didn't mention?
    I can only recommend Shadowed Unit Frames. Best coupled with Shadowed Unit Frames - Indicators.