Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Honor/Conquest Req for Weapons

taken from the front page today
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Gladiator Weapons
    •Season 10 Conquest Point weapons will only be purchasable once a required minimum sum of Conquest Points has been reached during the current season. For example, Ruthless Gladiator's Pike costs 3400 Conquest Points to purchase. However, players must first earn a total of 11650 Conquest Points during Season 10 before they are able to purchase it.
    •Season 9 Honor Point weapons will only be purchasable once a required minimum sum of Honor Points has been reached during the current season. For example, Vicious Gladiator's Pike costs 3400 Honor Points to purchase. However, players must first earn a total of 18500 Honor Points during Season 10 before they are able to purchase it.
    How does everyone feel about this change? Mainly the fact that you now need a min number of points in order to even be able to purchase the weapons? (not the fact that you can buy weapons with honor...people have already posted 4+ threads about that)

Personally i LOVE it. If they are going to make weps worth honor this is exactly what they should do, make you wait a bit longer so you cant faceroll into a wep. Same thing with the new Ruthless weps, now people will have to get armor first, and only those who have played arena on the reg are even eligiable. I still think they never should have taken wep rating req away, but this is a step in the right direction.
    Last edited by Tangster; 2011-06-08 at 03:06 PM.
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

Deleted
    I cant agree more

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the numbers are too high. They aren't outrageous, but they are a bit high, imo.

However, I dont have a problem with this. I'm not a hardcore pvper, so it will take me even longer if I want to get them, but it's not too bad.

Someone suggested in another thread that if you already have a weapon, you would get a discounted price, the value of the weapon, when purchasing the new season weapon. Make it a trade-in, the way getting heroic tier works in pve, except instead of a token and the item, it would be a lower amount of points and the item.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Deleted
    11k points is to high atleast make it 5-6k so it takes a month to get alot of ppl dnt do high rated arenas, so make it challenging but not like takes 8-10 weeks seriously who is gonna farm every week for the next it will take anyone below 1500 rating 4 months to get a weapon as wek cap is 1343 points below 1500.

seriously the ideas good but the numbers are to high wonder if blizz will lose more subscribers over this i bet they will

I think the cap is a little high...

2200 x 3 + 1650 x 2 = 6600 + 3300 = 9900 + 3400 (weapon) = 13300

1250 (wrist) + 1650 x 2 (belt, feet) = 4550 + 13300 = 17850

They're essentially forcing you to get full Vicious before the weapon.

It'll take the poop-sockers a week to get there and about 3 weeks to a month for anyone who's not.

Probably longer because with the new stuff, bots will be back in full force and contribute to loses.

The only good thing is that, hopefully, the arena people will be working on their ratings and such and will not feel the need to q for random bgs.

I think that 13300 should be the total.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmew View Post
    11k points is to high atleast make it 5-6k so it takes a month to get alot of ppl dnt do high rated arenas, so make it challenging but not like takes 8-10 weeks seriously who is gonna farm every week for the next it will take anyone below 1500 rating 4 months to get a weapon as wek cap is 1343 points below 1500.

seriously the ideas good but the numbers are to high wonder if blizz will lose more subscribers over this i bet they will
    The game is not supposed to be super easy even though you are a giant noob who cannot break 1500 (=

I like the system but the biggest problem will be for the melee who are more dependent on weapon scaling for damage. Example being a caster in half a set of PVP armor potentially has a better chance against a melee player with the same half set of armor since part of damage output is locked up in weapon stats.

But a decent idea.

I just don't see the point of hamstringing the people who aren't geared for the next season for the first month. I can understand S10 Arena weapons being blocked due to PvE progression, but I can't see how keeping people who bulk up on HP before the patch unbalances the start of the arena season.

Even then, people who managed 2200 still have slightly superior weapons and gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes PvE'ing very appealing to us PvPers.

Valor to Conquest all day baby! Woo! It's fun getting a full set of resil gear without ever stepping into an arena.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Makes PvE'ing very appealing to us PvPers.

Valor to Conquest all day baby! Woo! It's fun getting a full set of resil gear without ever stepping into an arena.
    > getting a full set of resil gear
    > without ever stepping into an arena
    Battlegrounds?

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enaina View Post
    Battlegrounds?
    Unless you mean rated BG's, he means the gear you get from Conquest points.

If you do mean rated BG's, then he probably is grouping that with Arenas.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Grinding out 18000+ horor just for the priviledge of buying season old gear is not going to get people flocking back to the game.
    Operation Red Wing

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    Grinding out 18000+ horor just for the priviledge of buying season old gear is not going to get people flocking back to the game.
    Especially when, with the non-heroic T11 raids being nerfed, you could probably get in on PuG alt-runs and get an equivalent iLvL weapon from a boss, ignore the lack of resilience on it since you know you will just get more damage/healing stats, say fuck it, and then just worry about your resilience on the rest of your gear.

Yeah, needing to get basically full Vicious before you can even buy the weapon just seems dumb.

I can somewhat appreciate not saving the honor cap and then buying your weapon on day 1 of 4.2, but there has to be some happy middle ground they could have come up with. Like, have the 4 piece bonus from the Vicious set before you can buy a Vicious weapon from honor.

Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazinger-Z View Post
    I think the cap is a little high...

2200 x 3 + 1650 x 2 = 6600 + 3300 = 9900 + 3400 (weapon) = 13300

1250 (wrist) + 1650 x 2 (belt, feet) = 4550 + 13300 = 17850

They're essentially forcing you to get full Vicious before the weapon.

It'll take the poop-sockers a week to get there and about 3 weeks to a month for anyone who's not.

Probably longer because with the new stuff, bots will be back in full force and contribute to loses.

The only good thing is that, hopefully, the arena people will be working on their ratings and such and will not feel the need to q for random bgs.

I think that 13300 should be the total.
    You're forgetting rings trinkets and relics/wands.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt the change will go live. It would probably force people to PvE for weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

And save up gold. I bet you'll be seeing more people toting around the craftable weapons before you'll see them buying honor weapons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangster View Post
    I still think they never should have taken wep rating req away
    me too.and that's why, even if i play melee, i love it too

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    let me see if i got this right...
    your gonna farm days of pve which won't even get you conquest capped (as valor cap is lower then conquest) so you can kill headless chickens in bg's just because you cba to do 1h(tops) of arena?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazinger-Z View Post
    I just don't see the point of hamstringing the people who aren't geared for the next season for the first month. I can understand S10 Arena weapons being blocked due to PvE progression, but I can't see how keeping people who bulk up on HP before the patch unbalances the start of the arena season.

Even then, people who managed 2200 still have slightly superior weapons and gear.
    i dont really get it either, unless bliz want people to have grinded most of the set so they dont arena undergeared?

ultimately tho if people BG level to learn some basic pvping and binding practise theyll end up at 85 with a shit weapon and want to replace it only to have this strange cap...

i love this change, i hate seeing bad people in full vicious!!! It's extremely retarded to see the worst back peddling retards wearing full vicious, while blizz is at it i wish they would bring back rating requirements too. This game is getting to freaking easy and giving out to much free gear
    I want to have a child and use it as a pulling tool in dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by danightryder View Post
    i love this change, i hate seeing bad people in full vicious!!! It's extremely retarded to see the worst back peddling retards wearing full vicious, while blizz is at it i wish they would bring back rating requirements too. This game is getting to freaking easy and giving out to much free gear
    Obvious troll is obvious.

God forbid people expect a game to be balanced at least when it starts. I know sone games are designed to reward success with easier future success, but at least when the game starts everyone starts out equal.