Thread: Battlefield 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't BC2 the first of them to have destructible environment? (only talking PC games)
    TBH I forget if BF2 had it or not. Either way BC2 did and it was a huge hit so ofc they will have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gredge View Post
    TBH I forget if BF2 had it or not. Either way BC2 did and it was a huge hit so ofc they will have it.
    BF2 or BF2142 did not have it

10+ Year Old Account
    Between the third and fourth circle of hell
    Well..Metro allowed DX11.

BF3 will be ported to console and not have it's own PC version. Yes there will be a version for PC but it will be a console port. Meaning we wont have DX11 capabilities because consoles still run DX9...sad isn't it?
    Actually, DICE promised us the opposite, it will be a PC game first and foremost. It will be on consoles as well though.

Desktop: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition @ 3.8GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, Dual Nvidia GTX 470 SLI
    Laptop: 2.2GHz Core i7, 8GB DDR3 1333, 2GB Radeon HD 6990

Quote Originally Posted by bumrush View Post
    Actually, DICE promised us the opposite, it will be a PC game first and foremost. It will be on consoles as well though.
    Yes, we've discussed this all on the first page. I said I forgot that they were making a PC version.

^^^ This

Crysis is an old game, yes it was ahead of its time but there are games with better gfx out now and Crysis 2 is not one of them. Crysis 2 is a pure console port, meaning it does not have dx11 and it's gfx are dumb down because it has to be able to run smoothly on a crapbox 360 and a PS3.

BF3 will be the new standard to beat.

If I'm in a BFBC2 game from the start of the round I will be in the top 3 easily and I don't play with my settings turned down so I can see through the INTENDED CONTENT.
    Completely agree with you on Crysis 2. However, some configs that completely max every detail (Crysis 1) still put some hardware today to their knees. Crysis 2 could still be a demanding game (graphics wise), but they messed up the textures. Textures are about 1\2 of what they were in Crysis 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well..Metro allowed DX11.

BF3 will be ported to console and not have it's own PC version. Yes there will be a version for PC but it will be a console port. Meaning we wont have DX11 capabilities because consoles still run DX9...sad isn't it?
    BF3 from the start was all about PC first.It is DX11,and it is being ported from PC to consoles.Also,it doesnt support XP or DX9.Those possible leaked specs are probably correct.As a rule of thumb,the recommended specs are what people will need to run the game smoothly.
    Last edited by Kellytm3; 2011-06-10 at 06:22 AM.