10+ Year Old Account

Looking for new RP server - Help (please)

Ok, my friend and I have decided to give WoW another throw, but things have been sour in regards to RP on our server, Wyrmrest Accord. Horde RP is terribly boring these days, most people just d*ck-about in Silvermoon talking about nothing and... and Alliance RP.... my gods, its just terrible. Just. Terrible.

We're hoping to gather some information on other RP realms to decide if we want to commit to moving our characters to a better RP experience. For those of you who play on RP realms with generally good RP or RP conducive to the Chaotic Evil roleplayer, like us, your input would be extremely appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Re Quote from the last thread: Well, to sum it all up: WRA really does have better roleplay in terms of quality, but MG just has wayyyyy more roleplay (not as good in quality like WRA remember) which means more opportunity. Also MG forgot and left its ways of actualy roleplay correctly to the lore of WoW. Often going too far (such as your characters ranks in society) and such. So if you want to roleplay against lore and with more opportunity, then go to MG, but if you want better quality roleplay, yet not as much opportunity, go to WRA. Both are good in their own ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really now? I think I've seen my fair share of lore-sundering characters on WRA, being that I've been playing on it for years. Utter disregard for RP etiquette, lore, good writing, and character boundaries that really irk me, but if you say its no better elsewhere, maybe I need to stay put and dig even deeper.

Why not set up shop here? We've got a pretty good community of people who stick with the lore, and there's a much larger window of acceptable characters, since you can be pretty much any race/"class" combination you'd like, provided it's feasible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cremator View Post
    Really now? I think I've seen my fair share of lore-sundering characters on WRA, being that I've been playing on it for years. Utter disregard for RP etiquette, lore, good writing, and character boundaries that really irk me, but if you say its no better elsewhere, maybe I need to stay put and dig even deeper.
    My main alts are on WRA and you should just try and find a tighter nit guild. The RP on MG is normally terrible. WRA has some bad RP, but really just not as much as MG. There are a ton of serious rpers on wra, they are all just spread out.

Stay away from SMC and look for some people with the same RP interests as you and you'll probably have the best luck with good, serious rp. Random RP on MG is going to be worse than random RP on wra mostly because there is just so much of it. Quality is reaaaaally better than quantity when it comes to ingame rp.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Why not set up shop here? We've got a pretty good community of people who stick with the lore, and there's a much larger window of acceptable characters, since you can be pretty much any race/"class" combination you'd like, provided it's feasible.
    Pretty much this. I briefly tried playing on an RP server and it was just horrible - I can't go back. No matter what server I went to, it was terrible; there was no plot, there was no creativity, and if your character was not exactly what they appeared to be you were pretty much looked down upon.. Not to mention it was more or less just persona playing than actual roleplaying, as nobody ever posted, they usually just did dialogue and hung out in Silvermoon City.

You're really better off just hanging out on the forums here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forum Rping and ingame rping is completely different. I ingame Rped for a long time yet had no longing to forum rp at all. Story is normally going to be better in written rp since people have time to sit and think out posts on how exactly they want things to be instead of a person to person active conversation. Some people want the closer interactions of live RP, even if they have to sacrifice long and complicated story arcs.

Though, it's not always the case because back in BC/Wrath I had some of the best plots, story arcs, character development, all through active rp.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Forum Rping and ingame rping is completely different. I ingame Rped for a long time yet had no longing to forum rp at all. Story is normally going to be better in written rp since people have time to sit and think out posts on how exactly they want things to be instead of a person to person active conversation. Some people want the closer interactions of live RP, even if they have to sacrifice long and complicated story arcs.

Though, it's not always the case because back in BC/Wrath I had some of the best plots, story arcs, character development, all through active rp.
    I won't argue that they're similar. However I've seen a lot of people hate on all the RP servers, so why not give it a shot here, right? What's the harm? :P

I've also had some great fun with in-game RP, but sadly it was relatively short lived, and I haven't been able to recreate that fun in-game ever since.