Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Destroyed View Post
    "The 4.2 legendary has fairly wide appeal, and the 4.3 legendary will have much more narrow appeal."

Wonder what class/classes this is going to be for

/pray for hunter bow
    Won't be a hunter bow, (Thori'dal was it, accept it hunters) but could be an agi staff. The only "narrow appeal" weapons left are either a 1h tank legendary, a 1h agi legendary, and a 2h agi legendary. Most likely it'll be the 2h agi legendary since the 1h agi would need at least 3 different iterations for rogues and enhance shamans, and the tanking legendary would also need 3 different types. So I'm guessing legendary agi polearm.

What concerns me is that in the previous 2 expansions, the 2nd legendary came at the very last tier of the expansion. I hope that blizzard does not expect us to be satisfied with 3 tiers of content for 2 years. Hopefully they are either changing this so that the legendary classes can have more use, and the final tier will not have a legendary, or there will be 3 legendaries this expansion. Only other option is to have the next xpac come out early next year, and that won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Keep dreaming, they're not going to make something for one spec and one class.
    and why not? they said it will be very narrow, compared to 4.2, and 4.2 is for mages, shadow priests, boomkins, warlocks, elemental shamans... that's 5 classes, "very narrow" compared to that goes down to 2-3 classes/specs

I hope you're talking about the bow and not a polearm. I believe the polearm would be useful for 5 specs and 2 classes.

I wish they would do one of two things

1.Remove hit for tanks
    2.Make hit vital for tanks

Either one will make me happy because at the moment having to pick between the two is starting of **** me off im a oldschool Paladin tank since 2.2 so ive always tryed to stay either on the hit cap or within .3% of it to ensure i dont get screwed on threat by some noob who blows cooldowns before all the debuffs are applied to the boss to gain maximum outcomes of damage instead they just want to see big numbers at the start and make threat a pain in the backside

Deleted
    Nice when the first answer doens't even answer to the question.

What a strange and yet successful way to derail their own tanking discussion - just mention the Yet-Unidentified-Narrow-Appeal Legendary... GO!

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklisted View Post
    they like to penalize healers for people screwing up, like standing in fire and pulling aggro, this is where the devs are messing up, penalize the people not the healer, penalize the healers for making poor healing chocies like spamming flash heal or delaying to heal raid damage.
    I'm a healer and I'd rather they penalized the healers than having people die which likely penalizes the whole group. However, they could certainly have standing in stuff also penalize personal dps, not only do you take damage but it locks your action buttons for 10 seconds, dps would probably get a lot better at staying outta stuff very quickly.

"The 4.2 legendary has fairly wide appeal, and the 4.3 legendary will have much more narrow appeal."

Can't wait.

Another:
    P: "A is broken and every As rerolled Bs. You need to fix it. How do you intend to do it?"

B: "I hear you. I understand players can focus on a specific problem but we have no data proving A is broken. A is working as intended. New question please?"

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Another:
    P: "A is broken and every As rerolled Bs. You need to fix it. How do you intend to do it?"

B: "I hear you. I understand players can focus on a specific problem but we have no data proving A is broken. A is working as intended. New question please?"
    Pretty much, and why on earth did they pick the two questions from completely uninformed people. Yes taunts no longer miss and if they do it was either b/c you're bad and hit the wrong button or the other tank didn't stop attacking and reaggroed. Also the 5 tank setup was using a few dps as tanks, any 25 man that brought 5 true tanks to help beat the boss was doing it wrong.

That was disappointing.

Q: Can you make it so that taunt doesn't miss, just like you did for interrupt abilities? Doesn't feel as though it would be a complete upset to overall balance

Really? Any real tank has known this since it was put in.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklisted View Post
    they like to penalize healers for people screwing up, like standing in fire and pulling aggro, this is where the devs are messing up, penalize the people not the healer, penalize the healers for making poor healing chocies like spamming flash heal or delaying to heal raid damage.
    Teamwork - [teem-wurk] cooperative or coordinated effort on the part of a group of persons acting together as a team or in the interests of a common cause.

My money's on legendary tank trinket tbh. It's pretty much the only consistent gear slot used by all 4 tanks that wouldn't need 3 or more different forms of the item and/or couldn't be used by DPS to great effect.

"it is quite difficult to make a table comparing a paladin’s Divine Guardian to a Protection warrior’s mobility or a bear druid’s ability to cast Innervate or even Rebirth during lulls in an encounter"

You mean the druid innervate that is gives enough mana for ONE spell or the rebirth we have to leave form for, thus taking substantial damage and placing the rebirthed player in clave position? Great comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Therec View Post
    What concerns me is that in the previous 2 expansions, the 2nd legendary came at the very last tier of the expansion. I hope that blizzard does not expect us to be satisfied with 3 tiers of content for 2 years. Hopefully they are either changing this so that the legendary classes can have more use, and the final tier will not have a legendary, or there will be 3 legendaries this expansion. Only other option is to have the next xpac come out early next year, and that won't happen.
    Unfortunately, I too, believe that 4.3 will be it. There will only be Deathwing himself, in a mini-tier left. 7 raid bosses in 6.5 months? No Abyssal maw? Doesn't Blizz make hundreds of millions a month? Wtf is going on here?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Therec View Post
    Pretty much, and why on earth did they pick the two questions from completely uninformed people. Yes taunts no longer miss and if they do it was either b/c you're bad and hit the wrong button or the other tank didn't stop attacking and reaggroed. Also the 5 tank setup was using a few dps as tanks, any 25 man that brought 5 true tanks to help beat the boss was doing it wrong.
    Or or or, the other tank is a warrior with Vigilols up and taunts and makes you go cry in a corner cause everyone's laughing cause you can't hold aggro.

10+ Year Old Account
    This proves that the none of the Devs actually play a Blood DK.... /shrug. Good thing the warrior is almost 85!

Quote Originally Posted by lebowski View Post
    Massive letdown, as someone who mains a DK tank with a paladin tank alt, I am heartbroken.

PS We waited two weeks for this?!
    main warrior alt paladin tank. both raiding heroic content. I was hugely disapointed not to see the qaustion about warrior threat being so much lower then paladins, and paladins being lower then DKs. it'd dispicable how much threat DKs generate on the pull with abiities that cannot be dodged/parried while us paladins/warriors go "aww hell CS missed twice in a row sigh" or "shield slam missed and is not recastable when it misses" etc...misses/parries are really the bane of pull threat, but doing calculations you'd literally have to reforge EVERY peice of gear you have into hit/expertise to even get the 26/8 goal, and that won't even solve the parry problem. I miss when tanks got passive expertise in their tree just for being a class that had to dps from the front all the time. :\

the answer to the vengeance question was also dodgy at best. they said apsolutely nothing whenever someone asks about that. pull threat isn't just dicey for 10 seconds, on my warrior doing everything right on a pull, can simply get unlucky and not have control of threat for a full minute, and you can't taunt when someoen pulls either cause the temp threat is still higher then the person who is already over 110, so you can't taunt until that drops, and hope you're fsat enough not to let that frost dk or ret paladin die. or maybe you strike up a deal with mage buddy to go all out on pull with image up, way pass your threat, then taunt off him for the 1000k lead that gives you.

at least when it comes to aoe though my warrior rapes the Dks face. my single target threat is lowest of 4 tank classes without a doubt but aoe i haven't met a tank class that can beat blood thunder deep wounds build with double dots on everything, all while cleaving and shockwaving and thunderclaping like mad. then that mob that can disarm shields in BoT kills me cause i had all 6 mobs on me (whats up with that anwyays? before 4.1 he'd only disarm weapon, now weapon and shield making tanking him for a warrior/paladin really suck).

/rant

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalOS View Post
    main warrior alt paladin tank. both raiding heroic content. I was hugely disapointed not to see the qaustion about warrior threat being so much lower then paladins, and paladins being lower then DKs. it'd dispicable how much threat DKs generate on the pull with abiities that cannot be dodged/parried while us paladins/warriors go "aww hell CS missed twice in a row sigh" or "shield slam missed and is not recastable when it misses" etc...misses/parries are really the bane of pull threat, but doing calculations you'd literally have to reforge EVERY peice of gear you have into hit/expertise to even get the 26/8 goal, and that won't even solve the parry problem. I miss when tanks got passive expertise in their tree just for being a class that had to dps from the front all the time. :\

the answer to the vengeance question was also dodgy at best. they said apsolutely nothing whenever someone asks about that. pull threat isn't just dicey for 10 seconds, on my warrior doing everything right on a pull, can simply get unlucky and not have control of threat for a full minute, and you can't taunt when someoen pulls either cause the temp threat is still higher then the person who is already over 110, so you can't taunt until that drops, and hope you're fsat enough not to let that frost dk or ret paladin die. or maybe you strike up a deal with mage buddy to go all out on pull with image up, way pass your threat, then taunt off him for the 1000k lead that gives you.

at least when it comes to aoe though my warrior rapes the Dks face. my single target threat is lowest of 4 tank classes without a doubt but aoe i haven't met a tank class that can beat blood thunder deep wounds build with double dots on everything, all while cleaving and shockwaving and thunderclaping like mad. then that mob that can disarm shields in BoT kills me cause i had all 6 mobs on me (whats up with that anwyays? before 4.1 he'd only disarm weapon, now weapon and shield making tanking him for a warrior/paladin really suck).

/rant

I hate to break it to you, but none of my concerns have to do with threat. Please do a little research before you rant next time.

Quote Originally Posted by tenzing21 View Post
    Unfortunately, I too, believe that 4.3 will be it. There will only be Deathwing himself, in a mini-tier left. 7 raid bosses in 6.5 months? No Abyssal maw? Doesn't Blizz make hundreds of millions a month? Wtf is going on here?
    If they have 11.5 million subs world wide, at £9 each that's £1,035,000,000 a year. Just over a billion pounds a year from subs only. That's not taking into account the store, and that's only WoW.

So what have they given us in the last seven months for our billion pounds? 2 recycled dungeons. Even if they only invested 10% per year, that's still 100 million pounds to produce content. 100 million will buy you a LOT of content. Wtf is going on indeed.