Thread: Diablo III find

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Cool Diablo III find

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...tml?id=1100059

"Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an enthusiastic senior software engineer to be a key contributor on the Diablo team. This position is responsible for overseeing Playstation 3 (PS3) architecture design as well as other PS3-specific game code development to maximize platform performance."

^-- Shows that they may release Diablo III for not only the PC, but maybe even other platforms..

Thoughts?

Deleted
    meh, will receive bad critics by the respective console community.
    I can't imagine how it would suite for a console...I keep having the RTS Halo Wars in my head....god, that was one awfull console game...

10+ Year Old Account
    Not surprising. Diablo (the OG) was released on consoles too (i think Playstation).

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    meh, will receive bad critics by the respective console community.
    I can't imagine how it would suite for a console...I keep having the RTS Halo Wars in my head....god, that was one awfull console game...
    Haha, so true.

Although i did notice over the years that Blizzard's job page often gives hints on what we'll see next.

10+ Year Old Account
    They did it for diablo 1, they did it for warcraft 2, they did it for starcraft.
    They only didnt do it for diablo 2, because the game was too big for the consoles at the time, and swaping cds on a fast action game would simply blow cow socks.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    They did it for diablo 1, they did it for warcraft 2, they did it for starcraft.
    They only didnt do it for diablo 2, because the game was too big for the consoles at the time, and swaping cds on a fast action game would simply blow cow socks.
    I played Warcraft 2 on I think it was my SNES. It sucked hard, the game is built for a pc with a mouse.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played Warcraft 2 on I think it was my SNES. It sucked hard, the game is built for a pc with a mouse.
    I first played warcraft 2 on a SNES, played it for WEEKS with my friend (he owned it). Only later i figured out it had a pc version.
    Althought, indeed, the pc version was much easier to control and had better gameplay, the SNES version wasnt bad at all.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Warcraft 2 was released for Sega Saturn. But you're right - it sucked.

Deleted
    A friend of mine in college invited me round for some fps deathmatch once. I jumped at the chance to show off my awesome Unreal Tournament/Q3A skills, only to have my ass well and truly whupped (and mocked) every single match because it was a console version (on a tv split in 4 too!). Of course, I invited them round mine, hijacked both my brothers PCs for an afternoon and returned the favour. They swore the console version was better and easier.

I guess some people get used to what they get used to, but personally, I think the heavy mouse use of the Diablo and RTS styles will stop them being good for consoles without some drastic changes.

I think they would need a modified UI designed specifically for consoles but it's worth a shot since the market is so big.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, D3 seems like a perfectly good console game. Has anyone played the Baldur's Gate games that were on the Xbox? D3 is looking a lot like those, be it much larger. If there's two cds, so be it... Mass Effect 2 didn't bother me with its 2 cds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blue Ray discs have been known to hold up to 300 Gigs @ 16 layers. PS3 versions can got up to 8 layers and around 200 gigs, no game in the foreseeable future will get that large.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    Eh, D3 seems like a perfectly good console game. Has anyone played the Baldur's Gate games that were on the Xbox? D3 is looking a lot like those, be it much larger. If there's two cds, so be it... Mass Effect 2 didn't bother me with its 2 cds.
    Baldurs Gate was a great game. Blizzard could make a game many many times better. D3 would be great for console (PS3 though, 360 hardware is bad)
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

If they spend enough time tweaking the controls it could be decent on console, but honestly I would never play it without a mouse+keyboard.

Aww not Ps3 put it on the wii JK but if gonna be on game systems least have it on 360

Diablo 2 for example had alot of spells but only 2 active at a time, one by the life orb and 1 by the mana orb, you think about that and tell me why d3 wouldnt be the same on console as pc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't really mean to hijack this, but have we learned anything new about D3 (or are going to) other than stuff about a D3 themed mouse/headset?

10+ Year Old Account
    Outside your window... sit up straighter, that's bad for your posture!
    I could actually see D3 Being easy to manipulate on a controller. It'd be like the Dark Kingdom games really (I think that's the series...)
    "Is it a crime to know the truth? Is it sin to reach for those things which you fear?" - Schwarzvald

OP: I guess it's better find out sometime then never, however they have been posting positions (D3) specifically with console experience months ago. This is NOT new news at all.

All this said, it simply depends how you want to view things. I'm a investor so to me not only do I want a quality product but also be able to target a larger population as well. This only increases awereness about the game and company which in turn draws more potential gamers which = more cash.

If I wasn't and strictly focused on the gaming aspect...I would say F the console and give me my D3 already. I know its done, I know its complete...they said so themselves, however the "console" as well as plans on how to integrate ways to draw money from people besides selling the box itself is contributing to the delay.

So in summary since I'm an investor...I will continue to play MW2 and WOW for now...I'll be patient. Money in this case is far more important than having the game earlier.

You can play Torchlight on Consoles, D3 shouldn't be that complicated to port controls for