Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    because it's hip. like hanging around in starbucks with your macbook.

Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    What and BF is any different? Only new thing i see in the BF games has been destructible enviroments.
    I'm no BF fanboi, but it has a considerable amount of difference.

Different "classes" that give unique abilities, vehicles, team strategy...you know that thing where you are supposed to work with your team? Sure it's similar in that it's a current era FPS, but the two franchises play wildly different.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Woah...you didn't just compare CoD to CS. CS 1.5 (and even 1.6) is the pinnacle of a spectacular, competitive FPS.
    CS requires skill, CoD requires a rocketlauncher or a pair of akimbo revolvers.

I TEND TO DISLIKE PEOPLE THAT STEAL MY MONEY.

CoD Never offers a beta/demo or PC gameplay of any kind. With that said I bought Black Ops on blind faith that it would be good. Turns out I got ripped off again. That is why I hate the CoD franchise.

The games are horrible, but yet addicting...I don't get it.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's popular.

People hate what's popular.

-Non CoD player

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    It's popular.

People hate what's popular.

-Non CoD player
    Nope, CoD is just complete sh*t. The multiplayer, that is. I like the SP plot.

-ex-CoD player
    - wyrd bið ful aræd -

I know many that couldn't when they should because they didn't want when they could.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    What and BF is any different? Only new thing i see in the BF games has been destructible enviroments.
    bigger battlegrounds then in CoD, in CoD you mostly have very small maps, that is why I don't like playing multiplayer in it :S
    the first CoD singleplayers where awesome I played trough the MWsingleplayer campaign in 2 nights on the hardest possible mode, where the first CoD's took me a few weeks

Activision need i say more?

Quote Originally Posted by RüneRS View Post
    bigger battlegrounds then in CoD, in CoD you mostly have very small maps, that is why I don't like playing multiplayer in it :S
    the first CoD singleplayers where awesome I played trough the MWsingleplayer campaign in 2 nights on the hardest possible mode, where the first CoD's took me a few weeks
    I know the game is different what i pointed out is that BF has not changed in the many years its been out.

I'll defend the first modern warfare that was the best CoD ever, But anything after it is and always will be complete crap. There are a lot more little kids running around and its like the developers arent even trying to make the games better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Given View Post
    I wasnt healing enough, i know my warlock sucks...
    Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    I got kicked once during Wrath for not rezzing somebody who died.

The curious part is that I was playing a mage.

Hating a game becuase of the people that play it is stupid, Every single FPS has just as many little kids as the next one, from counter strike to Battle Field to Halo to Call of duty.

I know the game is different what i pointed out is that BF has not changed in the many years its been out.
    http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/08/ba...n-with-some-c/

There are some changes. Granted it's not broad sweeping overhauls, but they've made some adjustments in each game that makes it a bit different from its predecessor.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    so...... any insights as to why is it so hated? is it a multiplayer thing? or something else?
    Well there are some good reasons, like lag in multipler leading to host advantage and the like, but there is really one predominant reason people hate on CoD. They do it because it is trendy and hip. It is cool to hate on CoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jotad4 View Post
    Nope, CoD is just complete sh*t. The multiplayer, that is. I like the SP plot.

-ex-CoD player

Call of Duty and WoW are the top games that are listed for being the reason for divorce. So it has a stigma to it a long with all first person shooters so that might be a reason why people hate it.

Oh let me count the ways

For one. CoD and BF are different because one is a War Sim the other is an Arcade Arena Shooter.

So now that's out of the way let me give you a list of things CoD has that BF doesn't:
    -CoD has retarded knife lunges
    -CoD has noobtubes that spread dmg over 10-15 yards, on small maps this is beyond stupid.
    -CoD has dumb killstreaks like chopper gunners.
    -CoD has even more dumb perks, second chance is the most stupid perk ever. Also a knife runner with Lightweight and Marathon on small CoD maps is always at the top of the boards.
    -CoD has the Spas and even worse they let you put a silencer on it so it shoots like a stapler but dmg's like a shot gun.
    -CoD has guns like the Famas, AK74u and AuG where people can run around and not even aim, just spray people down.
    -CoD has stupid accurate hipfire, god forbid you go through the agony of aiming your weapon.
    -CoD has either matchmaking or semi-dedicated servers. Which results in horrible online play.
    -CoD has get's hacked by aimbotters/wallhackers and has been since CoD4(I forget what it was like before that time)
    -CoD has Activision behind it, their moto "Quantity over Quality, we don't care if we have good games, we just care that you pay for them" They have a great advertising team and that is the ONLY reason CoD breaks sales records.

There are more people playing TF2 and CS/CS:S than there are playing Black Ops on Steam. And they're all Steam exclusive games. Goes to show you how Valve is superior to Activision in every way, shape and form.(yes I know BF is published by EA, they're doing fine in my eye)
    Last edited by Gredge; 2011-06-08 at 10:00 PM.

Deleted
    The most important thing has to be Battlefield is made in Sweden.

Quote Originally Posted by Gredge View Post
    Oh let me count the ways

For one. CoD and BF are different because one is a War Sim the other is an Arcade Arena Shooter.

So now that's out of the way let me give you a list of things CoD has that BF doesn't:
    -CoD has retarded knife lunges
    -CoD has noobtubes that spread dmg over 10-15 yards, on small maps this is beyond stupid.
    -CoD has dumb killstreaks like chopper gunners.
    -CoD has even more dumb perks, second chance is the most stupid perk ever. Also a knife runner with Lightweight and Marathon on small CoD maps is always at the top of the boards.
    -CoD has the Spas and even worse they let you put a silencer on it so it shoots like a stapler but dmg's like a shot gun.
    -CoD has guns like the Famas, AK74u and AuG where people can run around and not even aim, just spray people down.
    -CoD has stupid accurate hipfire, god forbid you go through the agony of aiming your weapon.
    -CoD has either matchmaking or semi-dedicated servers. Which results in horrible online play.
    -CoD has get's hacked by aimbotters/wallhackers and has been since CoD4(I forget what it was like before that time)
    -CoD has Activision behind it, their moto "Quantity over Quality, we don't care if we have good games, we just care that you pay for them" They have a great advertising team and that is the ONLY reason CoD breaks sales records.

There are more people playing TF2 and CS/CS:S than there are playing Black Ops on Steam. And they're all Steam exclusive games. Goes to show you how Valve is superior to Activision in every way, shape and form.(yes I know BF is published by EA, they're doing fine in my eye)
    I wish you would learn to read since I WAS NOT comparing COD to BF, i was comparing BF to the OLD BF's but your blind fanboyism wont let you see this.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    tink yur unfortunately just seeing the posts of BF fanbois.

plus COD:MOW 3 running on the same engine as 2, gave all the bf fan bois a reason to cheer cuz they got a new engine.

but as the machinima commentator said, alot of SHIT game are running on cutting edge engines and alot of great games are running on old engines.

Propaganda games with multiplayer that's copy pasted from their last release 6 months ago but with slightly better graphics. Whoever is buying these "amazing products" is getting milked big time. No wonder nobody takes you nor your game seriously.