Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I like how the fireballs are actually hitting players. Now just to make a macro that'd go something like
    /y You want healz?! HERE ARE YOUR HEALZ!
    /cackle

Off-topic: Helm looks silly. It's kinda like a hybrid-wannabe of priest and paladin T8 helms but... no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    To be fair, you have the graphics and texture quality put down as low as they can go.
    Yeah, and it's a Draenei :P
    It's not very impressive though

15+ Year Old Account
    Could this confuse new/bad players, "OMG FIRE, RUN AWAY"
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    No, not really. Bad players don't actually spend much time actually moving from fire.

"In a cruel twist of irony, Alexstrasza has enchanted all fire to now heal instead of burn flesh from bone. Things are not looking good for the lords of the Firelands."

Deleted
    Maybe they could make ragnaros like dreamwalker in icc - you have to heal him up by having loads of fire mages and warlocks nuke him!

Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    Yeah, and it's a Draenei :P
    It's not very impressive though
    Hey now! My Draenei is sexy! I like my video! :-p Besides I love myself some Gift of the Naaru on Calen Forget racial bonuses, casting animation FTW.

Onto the proc, it's a fairly low proc rate. My Proculas mod was struggling last night with it, so I'll need to test more this week. But it seems to be (guessing) 15% and 45 sec CD. I'll do a more comprehensive model this week and when my guild does more raid testing and update.

Quote Originally Posted by derevka View Post
    Hey now! My Draenei is sexy! I like my video! :-p Besides I love myself some Gift of the Naaru on Calen Forget racial bonuses, casting animation FTW.

Onto the proc, it's a fairly low proc rate. My Proculas mod was struggling last night with it, so I'll need to test more this week. But it seems to be (guessing) 15% and 45 sec CD. I'll do a more comprehensive model this week and when my guild does more raid testing and update.
    That's comparable to some trinkets actually. Not too bad.

In my limited testing last night, I did not get more than 1 out at a time. But I think some supplemental testing to confirm that is actually right. Quite often the wowhead proc rates are off in PTR data, and for this it is listed at 5%, so some additional testing might be good to confirm those numbers.

Currently it is bugged, and when the Flame despawns, it also despawns your Lightwell if you have it out. (Gre-eat).

You might have noticed they updated the tooltip to provide some clarity on this- we now know it procs at the target's location, and the CF (cauterizing flame, not Cistic Fibrosis) has a 20-yard range to heal. Additionally it heals for a specific amount (not the 9000-10500 range it used to be), which is nice just for predictability.

Assuming 1 proc per minute, normalized, this will be ~900 HPS (Smart heal to those in the 20 yard radius) which is fairly substantial. I was foolish and did not test to see if the heal could crit (Could Althors Abacus?)... so that could affect the HPS assumptions (especially with 200% crit heals in 4.2). Also I'd be curious to see if it can crit, if it can proc DA for Disc Priests. Additionally, I want to test if it can proc off of Atonement heals.

From a practical standpoint, tank healing this proc could be mighty powerful since it likely could have all 5 ticks go to the tank, which is a substantial burst heal if you can proc on the tank. Of course, since it can proc at ANY target location (ie any of the 5 POH, or 6 COH targets) you have little predictability on putting it where you'd like. (of course, if you were tank healing primarily, you could assume that it likely would be on the tank).

More analysis to come.
    Last edited by derevka; 2011-06-09 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Clarity and more info

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, if that is the case, I am very disappointed. Not only is the spell random, which means it can be placed on someone who either doesnt need healing, or during a phase where there isnt a need for the extra healing. If 900HPS is correct, this also falls short of other set bonuses. Druid, for example, is a non-random proc on a 15 sec CD(swiftmend), that heals for on average 18k, and can crit. Thats at minimum 1.2k HPS from the bonus. All the other bonuses also scale, since they either duplicate heals, or do percentages. Paladin and shaman are harder to math out, but also, they are non-random, the biggest problem.

IMO, if our bonus is forced to be a random proc on a random person, it probably should heal for the most, as we cant choose when it is used and where it is used. Also, it need to benefit from crit...
    Last edited by h3lladvocate; 2011-06-09 at 08:18 PM.

Remember I only assumed once per minute with some basic "napkin math" and assumed it couldn't crit. More modeling/trials need to occur before we pass judgement here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derevka View Post
    Remember I only assumed once per minute with some basic "napkin math" and assumed it couldn't crit. More modeling/trials need to occur before we pass judgement here.
    Yea, I'm aware =) I wasn't aware the set bonus's were active on PTR so i'll do a 300 trial test soon. My initial guess is that it won't crit or be affected by mastery, but I hope to be proven wrong =)

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Oh god, it's going to make people instantly stop moving whenever it procs. That Shadw of Aran training is practically pavlovian now.
    Oh, flame wreath.

This is exactly what I thought when I saw the video too. :P

---------- Post added 2011-06-09 at 06:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    "In a cruel twist of irony, Alexstrasza has enchanted all fire to now heal instead of burn flesh from bone. Things are not looking good for the lords of the Firelands."
    Must be Blizzard's decision to turn all pure dps into hybrids; fire mages can now heal!

That

is fucking awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

yea... I'd run from that... and then qq about wth am I getting fireball'ed ><

Deleted
    PvE:
    "lulz i'm standing in the fire and don't get my ass burned off!!1111 i'm imba!!" or
    "Thrall's balls! The fire is everywhere! Where comes all the fire from????"

PvP:
    "f***! where's that damn fire mage????"
    "fire! noez! i'm under attack!! heal meeeee!!!!1111"

I like the animation. Though I imagine it might distract me for a moment the first times it procs....
    The cackle-macro is sweet.

That isn't a bug. The lightwell sees the much better effect and kills itself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    That isn't a bug. The lightwell sees the much better effect and kills itself.
    LOL!

Btw, the effect doesn't move with the person it spawns on, it remains stationary. Weather or not that will change in future I don't know. And it procs off "helpful spells" instead of the usual "whenever you heal". I've had it proc of things like leap of faith.
    Last edited by mmoc230b92349f; 2011-06-09 at 11:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    LOL!

Btw, the effect doesn't move with the person it spawns on, it remains stationary. Weather or not that will change in future I don't know. And it procs off "helpful spells" instead of the usual "whenever you heal". I've had it proc of things like leap of faith.
    OMG I can see it now. *leap of faith cast* "WTF WHY DID YOU PULL ME INTO A FIRE CIRCLE!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty cool.

I guess people will run away when they will be healed by this thing. :P
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."