Thread: Sinestra wrack

Deleted

Sinestra wrack

Hi

We have just started this fight and wanted to know few things about this ability can it be stopped with a pally shield(bubble) and does this obey the same system that if a hunter times his deterrence at the right time this can stop it too.

Also can it be controlled as the tool tip says nearby players can you then limit who will get it by moving players to a certain range

Cheers

Deleted
    Bubble will do the same as a dispel.

I do believe u can ams it so if the 1st wrack was to hit a dk and he had ams up it would be ignored, but I cannot confirm that, but it's gonna very random.

It can't be controlled, it will however try to avoid tanks though since they "fixed" it in 4.1.

Guardian Spirit can make it stop spreading cause it kills the players but guardian spirit essentially revives it, so that can Easily help your raid out if you have a Holy Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    I literally want to Kitten Filled Hugs people in face and smack a Soft Swan-dive Pillow up their little bottoms when they use that word. It sounds just rather weird.

Fixed that for you. Please refrain from going a bit "too far" with your language.

Deleted
    cheers for the fast reply

what if the pally has shield up a sec or 2 before the dispel would that force it to some one else or also count as dispel

---------- Post added 2011-06-09 at 03:37 AM ----------

set up was

Tanks DK&Warr
    Healers Pally and shammy
    Dps hunter, pally, 2xlocks, SP and boomkin

Deleted
    from Wowhead:

Wrack
    Range 50000 yards (Anywhere)
    Personally I don't see why you just don't dispell it the way it's meant to be dispelled, anything involving instant godlike reactions to putting AMS or w/e up is hardly going to be a reliable method for progressing on the fight.

Just get a healer or 2 to get Grid setup properly and take it from there. Once Grid is setup it really makes wrack trivial, you just need a backup dispeller incase the main dispeller gets an orb at a bad time. Both the shammy and the Pally could remove Magic, so there really is no reason to, imo, waste time and effort trying to bypass the wrack mechanic when you could just learn to "play" it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wsc51595 View Post
    Guardian Spirit can make it stop spreading cause it kills the players but guardian spirit essentially revives it, so that can Easily help your raid out if you have a Holy Priest
    I think that is false. It will spread.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only time it 'dissapears' is if someone dies during travel time - at least it seems so from ocassional "dispeled the first one, but there's still only 1... oh, and whelps killed X".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gertrude View Post
    Personally I don't see why you just don't dispell it the way it's meant to be dispelled, anything involving instant godlike reactions to putting AMS or w/e up is hardly going to be a reliable method for progressing on the fight.

Just get a healer or 2 to get Grid setup properly and take it from there. Once Grid is setup it really makes wrack trivial, you just need a backup dispeller incase the main dispeller gets an orb at a bad time. Both the shammy and the Pally could remove Magic, so there really is no reason to, imo, waste time and effort trying to bypass the wrack mechanic when you could just learn to "play" it.
    Depends if you are doing 10 or 25. Its much easier to deal with on 25.

But I don't think you can reliably "get around it". Things like Iceblock/Bubble act as a dispel. We did have 1 pull last night where we didn't get a wrack in P1 - it could have been that it was supposed to cast on the DK and he had AMS up or it could have been cast on one of the 2 mages because right around then is when we use Invis. Or it could have just been a bug but if not I don't know why it wasn't cast nor how to reliably reproduce it except maybe tell your DK, if you have one, to AMS when its supposed to be cast. However, AMS is a nice CD for breaths, or breath+wrack, so I doubt its worth trying to cheese a wrack with it. Basically you just have to learn how to deal with it.

i came to this thread expecting a discussion about sinestra's tits, i've been on 4chan too much it seems