Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sad episode indeed. It makes me sort of emotional when things like this reaches an end, we really are getting older, aren't we?
    Vol'jin fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    It was actually a real sad episode. Never, EVER thought I'd say that about South Park.

However, Matt & Trey have expressed boredom and being worn out of SP.

You can see allusions to this in this episode:

Sharon: "It's like the same story keeps happening every week, only it keeps getting more and more ridiculous"

"I've been unhappy for a while now," Randy replies.

Also, the two guys stealing britches:

"You sure you wanna do this?"
    "We have to now."

Most likely alluding to Matt and Trey deciding to call this their last season.

Overall, I'm a bit empty on emotion for the whole thing. This season hasn't exactly been the greatest, but South Park (much like the Simpsons) has been something I've grown up with for the last 14 years. I want to feel sad that something I've looked forward to every week is going to be ending, but also sort of glad that Matt & Trey are quitting while they're ahead and not dragging it along like the Simpsons.

Their new musical, The Book of Mormon, has received incredible praise and acclaim, and that's where they're heading next, I feel.

This was the mid-season finale, so we won't be seeing new episodes for a while. Kind of killer.

HOWEVER - I fucking bursted out laughing during the movie previews, goddamn. "Jim Carrey has - oh fuck it, you'll watch it anyways, fuck you. June 27th."

Edit: After watching it again, I'm convinced that the two redneck guys are Matt & Trey, trying to stop the show from "turning to shit" or being crapped on by removing it/ending it - thus the "We have to now." bit.

This has been a wacky episode.
    i agree with that

The episode got me really really sad, like....... damn
    Also: where did they move to? whats going on? is it over....?
    if its over, i may go cry, since that will mean everything from my childhood is gone

Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    Latest SP season is pretty shit. Compared to the last one, which was totally awesome.
    So.Much.Irony.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam View Post
    Sad episode indeed. It makes me sort of emotional when things like this reaches an end, we really are getting older, aren't we?
    Yea, i agree. Trey and Matt really have a talent when it comes to writing. But, now i am so axious for the next episode to see where they will go with this story arc. Since its the mid-season finale, is there a few weeks hiatus? or new episode is on Wednesday as per usual?

I enjoyed the episode cause it left me with a kinda feeling of "Now where do they go from here?".
    Quickly notify an administrator to delete this post because the truth upsets you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmakazie View Post
    Since its the mid-season finale, is there a few weeks hiatus? or new episode is on Wednesday as per usual?
    According to South Park Studios, the next episode isn't until October 5th...unfortunately =\

I can't believe you guys aren't seeing this for what it is! A very general, perfect characterization of the social mood of this culture right now. Have you ever seen a South Park like that? Is it any coincidence that it comes when we as a culture are losing complete confidence in the sense of hope and joy that we have rested upon in this society for the last 30 years? Christ. Talk about Zeitgeist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhaalu View Post
    The one that just came out tonight. (i said that in the OP)

I guess poeple haven't seen it yet
    Europe says hi....

and no I haven't seen it yet, I believe in Holland we last time had the one where Randy, Cartman, etc. get angry over stuff, forgot the actual topic but something with them holding hostage regarding government.

Quote Originally Posted by brettman9 View Post
    I can't believe you guys aren't seeing this for what it is! A very general, perfect characterization of the social mood of this culture right now. Have you ever seen a South Park like that? Is it any coincidence that it comes when we as a culture are losing complete confidence in the sense of hope and joy that we have rested upon in this society for the last 30 years? Christ. Talk about Zeitgeist.
    All South Park does is tell messages to people regarding society/etc. unlike most people believe, sadly most people don't see that it's a message and think it's just a pure joke factory.

PS: I (almost) never laugh watching South Park (neither do I at other T.V shows) but I enjoy the stories and the (probable) message behind it.

PSS: Now I do see what the OP means with it being pretty weird for a South Park ending and with the person stating that the creators might realise their show is starting to loose grip. However I wonder if this will be a 2 parter or if the next episode will act like nothing happens, suppose we'll have to wait till October to find out, damned that's too long, I want to know how it gets resolved!
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2011-06-11 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    It got old after the 3rd season ;p. Season 1-3 is the best South Park will ever be >.< When the gang goes hunting with those two guys in the hummer, fishing with grenades, almost spilling beer, hunting some monster with Patrick Duffy for a leg, classic stuff.
    Hey now, I like all of the seasons. Well.. This one is not that great. In my opinion season 10 was the best. I <3 ManBearPig and the WoW episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bumping this because Trey and Matt were on The Daily Show last night. Mainly for their 9 Tony awards for "The Book of Mormon", but they mentioned they still love South Park and the story of the last episode, while maybe reflecting their thoughts, had nothing to do with ending the show.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/250376/the...and-matt-stone

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Bumping this because Trey and Matt were on The Daily Show last night. Mainly for their 9 Tony awards for "The Book of Mormon", but they mentioned they still love South Park and the story of the last episode, while maybe reflecting their thoughts, had nothing to do with ending the show.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/250376/the...and-matt-stone
    It would also be interesting to not that what happened at the end of the episode is almost exactly what happened in the season 2 episode "Clubhouses", just with a more serious tone.
    "With this costume, I'll get Asian girls for sure!"
    - Judge Malthred revealing my avatar's inner thoughts

lol, ya guys need to chill out. it's a mid season finale, they do this kind of stuff all the time. maybe not with the same dramatic feel, but have you seen South Parks #'s and ratings lately? they're not doing so hot. I think this is their attempt to try and get some of the viewers back.

it's not the end of South Park, guaranteed.

Matt and Trey showed up on the Daily show a week or so ago and said they were not ending South Park

EDIT: Didn't see that someone already said that. Sorry.