Thread: French Fries

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    People really do need to become enlightened to the wonders of Fry Sauce (NW USA is the only place i've found it). Basically 1 part mayo 2 parts ketchup, mixed with finely diced pickles, onions or both. Most places have something special they do to their fry sauce to make it unique. Heavenly to dip both fries and burgers in.

Quote Originally Posted by Zehir View Post
    In Canada we takes French Fries cover it with Gravy and put Cheese Curds on it we call it Poutine and god it's awesome

There is a crazy new place across from my work that does that but also puts other toppings on it like pulled pork, or a mix of salsa sour cream and guacamole. I tried one with mushrooms, peas, onions on it in addition to the gravy and cheese curds, it was delicious!

Five Guys cajun fries. yes please

French Fries in a cone? Seems like they'd fall out easy. O_o I think they're best in these:

Deleted
    Bitch please, most places in here stopped serving fries in the cone. This is a thing of the past, these days they server them in a carton or plastic tray.

Belgium: educating the Americans on the proper way to serve fries. As in, not with fifth grade quality meat and low quality potatoes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitraillette
    Curryworst speciale: meat with mayo, ketchup and grated onion. Delicious.

Useless trivia here: Did you know that the term "Flemish Fries" is an indication of quality in several countries?
    Last edited by mmoc878ebd00c0; 2011-06-10 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnusdragon View Post
    Been doing this for 18 years brother. Especially now that Wendy's fries actually taste like potatoes <3333333333
    Sometimes i dont even dip, i just eat half the frosty, pour some fries in it, stir, and munch like a king
    Chick-fil-A Waffle Fries dipped in their Cookies and Cream Shake, nomnomnomnomnomnom.....

Oh my god this thread is making me so hungry. I want poutine RIGHT NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Shuford View Post
    Just thought I'd share that with the uninformed world.

Wake up America: We must do more exciting things with the classic french fry, the salt and catsup are not working!
    This is how you want to wake up the uninformed americans? grats to you and your noble cause.

Here in Philly, you can't go to a pizza joint without them offering Pizza Fries.
    The are cooked fries that are then coated in mozzarella (spelling) cheese and tomato sause (pizza sauce).
    And then put into an oven and baked.
    If done right - the product is amazing and becomes a $3 meal in-itself.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Here in Philly, you can't go to a pizza joint without them offering Pizza Fries.
    The are cooked fries that are then coated in mozzarella (spelling) cheese and tomato sause (pizza sauce).
    And then put into an oven and baked.
    If done right - the product is amazing and becomes a $3 meal in-itself.
    High five for Philly! Personally live in South Jersey, but its only about 10 or so minutes away, and we root for all the same teams here.

Deleted
    For starters you can all stop calling it French fries because that implies you think it has something to do with France when it doesn't. Pucster was almost correct.
    correct names :
    - frenched fries
    - fries

Calling them french or French fries is just plain ignorance. How do I know this? I live in Belgium and I've eaten fries in France. They do not taste the same and the ones you'll eat here taste a whole lot better.
    Besides that they're also not chips, proper English chips are thicker.

quote from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/french
    - verb
    (often lowercase) to cut (snap beans) into slivers or thin strips before cooking.
    Question for the people that loathe the mayonaise, do you by any chance remember what type of mayonaise it was? There are different kinds and even different brands that taste completely different. Some of them even completely ruin the taste of the fries depending on the quantity of mayo.
    3 main differences :
    - mayo with eggs (nothing fancy here)
    - mayo with lemon (this will contain a certain percentage of lemon juice, completely changes the taste)
    - mayo with olive oil (this will contain a certain percentage of olive oil, havent tried this yet but it exists)
    Do note that they all contain eggs, the first one is just called mayo with eggs to indicate it doesn't contain anything else that has a big influence on the taste.

I prefer plain mayo with eggs
    Last edited by mmoc70c145fdaf; 2011-06-10 at 07:22 PM.

Cheese fries are pretty damn good, you just have to eat them fast or the cheese soaks into the fries and makes them all soggy and gross.

Quote Originally Posted by dahmer View Post
    Calling them french or French fries is just plain ignorance.
    Ever think that it might just be slang? Or the fact that people don't assume french fries were invented in france? It's just a rare exception that you say "French" and don't actually mean french. English is fucked up like that with all those little exceptions for things.
    Last edited by Vook; 2011-06-10 at 07:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Cheese fries are pretty damn good, you just have to eat them fast or the cheese soaks into the fries and makes them all soggy and gross.

Ever think that it might just be slang? Or the fact that people don't assume french fries were invented in france? It's just a rare exception that you say "French" and don't actually mean french. English is fucked up like that with all those little exceptions for things.
    It being slang or not doesn't make it any less stupid and if people don't assume it was invented in france why do they capitalize it in the middle of a sentence?

Is this

new for you?

Damn, you have missed out on a lot.

Any seasoned fry dipped in ranch or arbys bbq sauce. Divine!

Quote Originally Posted by dahmer View Post
    It being slang or not doesn't make it any less stupid and if people don't assume it was invented in france why do they capitalize it in the middle of a sentence?
    Because that's how English works. Capitalizing French does not mean "from france" when talking about French Fries. Stop being mr.dictionary-definition and mr.generalizing-about-millions-of-people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

peanut sauce (sate)

or

chili + cheese + onions + jalapenos