Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MostHated-Ysera View Post
    We almost always get the same drops off the same bosses. With some items never dropping. 15+ kills on Mal, and not once has the helm dropped. Pushing 20 Kills on Mag, with our first drop of the dagger last night. Some kind of system should be implemented with like 3 pieces of loot droping but only able to hand out 2 or whatever but some kind of choice would be better then us DEing everything.
    Did you play back in Vanilla ? Then this was nothing tbh, NOTHING.
    And you dont need full 372 to kill all the bosses currently raidable. Loot system is fine, RNG is what it is.

lol, try this, 25m magmaw, from memory liek 15 or so kills maybe more, 1-2 akiris has dropped everytime except for 2 of the kills

Oh, and it took me 5 months to get the power generator hood.

Honestly, 10 mans need some kind of buff to the loot that drops. 2 items just isn't enough most of the time. I'd say my guild disenchants a solid 80% of what drops each week when quite a few people still need upgrades. At the same time though, RNG is RNG, and I don't really expect anything to really change. Just have to tough it out in the end.
    Answer no master, never the slave
    Carry your dreams down into the grave

15+ Year Old Account
    Killed Magmaw every week of the expansion without a tanking trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Sarcasm aside, thats simply not that many kills. Maybe I'm just too adjusted to back when 2 pieces of loot was enough for 40 people and gearing took more than a week.
    I, too, raided in vanilla 40 mans. And even back then 8 kills on a boss with the same drops was frustrating. Whether eight kills is not that many or more than enough is subjective. Doesn't change the fact that the same loot continues to drop and get DEed. And frankly, arguing that your are too adjusted to 40 mans when there haven't been 40 mans for a very long time is somewhat ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Dem View Post
    mmmm 10m tears
    this, 10man raiding comes with inherit lower chances to get specific items, deal with it

Been waiting for the Mail Healing bracers from Chimaeron. They doesn't drop.
    Same for us with the tank mace from Maloriak. Never seen it.
    Also the dagger from Omnotron refuses to drop.

Damn you RNG!

TBH, I think that the loot isn't 100% random. It's happened far too often, not just with Cata raids, but Wrath raids too. Same loot week after week. I find when we change up our raiding pattern a bit, we have a tendency to get different drops. Whether it be running the same raid on a different day, or with a different group makeup. We had someone not able to make it, and ended up 9-manning all of BWD, (well, excluding Nef), and we ended up getting lots of pieces that haven't dropped for us.

Coincidence? Maybe. Probably. But sometimes I can't help but wonder if the RNG for loot drops gets seeded based on the day/time or number of people in the instance, or whatever. Because no RNG is *truly* 100% random, ask any programmer.

10+ Year Old Account
    RnG is RnG, I've done 17 Maloriak kills on my prot paladin, and not once seen the tanking sword drop, I have however seen the helm drop probably about 3 or 4 times.

Deleted
    That's basically the only reward you get for doing a 25-man: higher chance of different kinds of loot dropping.

The system has worked this way since Vanilla, it's not going to chance. If you want more loot diversity, go 25-man, otherwise stick with 10-man and hope it drops. If there wasn't any RNG factor, there wouldn't be anything exciting about looting the boss.

EDIT:

I ran with the same shield for over a year in Wrath, so I'm not saying this because I haven't experienced horrible drop rates.

T11's about to end and I've never seen that fucking Omnitron spirit/int ring drop, on normal or heroic. And I've killed Omnitron every week since Cata started.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Exera View Post
    7 times eh? Thats a lot of kills!

Actually it's not, I did roughly 25 kills of Prince Malchezaar before the caster dagger dropped, and even thats not a lot.
    being satisified with not having an upgrade on a particular slot for near 6 months is stupid... either that or you are happy with gimping your dps/heals/tanking with inferior gear.. Its more annoying when the damn spirit cloth and tank plate drops.. every god dam week without fail.. I've still to see the helm from antremedies (blind seer) and we've killed near every lock out for 5 months.. just sucks. I agree rng is rng.. but some items blatantly have higher drop rates.

Deleted
    I still think it would be a bit more manageable if there was one "set" of epic gear available from raid drops and another with valor points, but the items would cost considerably more than they do now. This way you could get the proper gear in case of horrible loot luck.

RNG is RNG yes. It's not that odd when a single item never drops, but when you get the same items week after week you start feeling that something's wrong with the RNG.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ihateyouall View Post
    TBH, I think that the loot isn't 100% random. It's happened far too often, not just with Cata raids, but Wrath raids too.
    Ofcouse it isn't. There is no such thing as true random when you make a computer do it for you as it follows an algorithm

fix 10 man loot issues? weird I didn't even know there was a problem with 10 man loot. >.>

The amount of elitism in this thread is sickening.

Deleted
    its funny to see that so much ppl ask Vanilla wow back and yet they QQ that killing a boss 8 times is much?
    go back to vanilla.... ive raided for several months in a row without getting my head item
    get over it

Quote Originally Posted by ttkyle View Post
    The amount of elitism in this thread is sickening.
    The amount of whining over a mechanic that hasn't changed in 7 years is annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

Deleted
    Farmed a Hc during tbc for a tank weapon, think i killed the boss 16 times, and i didnt get the it. and they just upgraded the ammount of gear you get in 25 man, so if you hate the RNG that much, GO 25 MAN!