Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    The amount of whining over a mechanic that hasn't changed in 7 years is annoying.
    Then I would strongly suggest not clicking the thread and reading it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in the glorious times of The Burning Crusade, it took me about half a year before Gruul finally dropped Aldori Legacy Defender (Shield). It dropped once before, but right on that day when I was on a business education ;-)
    On that day I have heard that a friend of me had lootmaster instead of the Guild Leader or the Raid Leader (me). So I gave him lootmaster every time we went Gruul after that day. And only two weeks after the first drop he pulled the Shield out of Gruul again. I was so happy

Now, in Cataclysm, I had no loot issues in 10man. My warrior tank got 359-iLvl very fast. Well, the helm from Maloriak took several weeks to drop, but I had more fun when it finally dropped. Never seen the Daybreaker Helm from Twin Dragons drop, though. Also never seen the Mace of Acrid Death.

First Kill and you get your drop is boring, isn't it? Okay.. Magmaw, thanks for first kill drop of the trinket anyway, haha.

Stay tuned guys & girls, and have good luck!
    We are as God intended. Fallible, yet capable of great things.

Quote Originally Posted by hov View Post
    I, too, raided in vanilla 40 mans. And even back then 8 kills on a boss with the same drops was frustrating. Whether eight kills is not that many or more than enough is subjective. Doesn't change the fact that the same loot continues to drop and get DEed. And frankly, arguing that your are too adjusted to 40 mans when there haven't been 40 mans for a very long time is somewhat ridiculous.
    Its a matter of perspective. To me, after all these years, 8 kills is a laughable amount to even start getting upset. Patience is a virtue.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farec View Post
    Farmed a Hc during tbc for a tank weapon, think i killed the boss 16 times, and i didnt get the it. and they just upgraded the ammount of gear you get in 25 man, so if you hate the RNG that much, GO 25 MAN!
    The Sun Eater? Dropped on the first kill for me...
    Guild's 2nd Main Tank dissed me so hard haha. He ran every day for about 2 weeks 'till he got it.
    We are as God intended. Fallible, yet capable of great things.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farec View Post
    Farmed a Hc during tbc for a tank weapon, think i killed the boss 16 times, and i didnt get the it. and they just upgraded the ammount of gear you get in 25 man, so if you hate the RNG that much, GO 25 MAN!
    25 got the same problems mate.
    You get more loot, but more people need it.
    So in the end, you're waiting the same amount of weeks for that 1 item

20+ Kills on Nef and Cho'gall and no healing mace has dropped between the two of them. I almost think that some items have a better chance of dropping. Lots of people on the forum have said the bracers off chim never drop, and my guild has only seen the agi bracers drop once and spirit bracers never. Although some pieces drop constantly like they have a 30% drop rate...

Deleted
    When you have been farming it for over a year and still not got what you wanted then please come back and try again. Seriously 8 kills is like a drop of water in the ocean. Oh i would also like to remind you that this is one of the downfalls of choosing the raid size you did.

Quote Originally Posted by AlisonPrime View Post
    10 mans are fair and balanced, you dont have as many people rolling on your item but as a balance issue less items drop. 25s you have more items drop, but you have more people rolling on your item. Try having Heroic ashkandi drop and 3 warriors, 3 paladins and 2 DKs rolling against you and You lose out by 1 point. Then you complain.
    I rock 10 mans. 25 mans are a crutch

Quote Originally Posted by Exera View Post
    7 times eh? Thats a lot of kills!

Actually it's not, I did roughly 25 kills of Prince Malchezaar before the caster dagger dropped, and even thats not a lot.
    Oh god not that boss. He taunted my priest the entire expansion. I ran Kara every week, twice a week (two different toons). Only saw the caster dagger drop once in the middle of the expansion on my paladin and then a couple weeks before Wrath launched it finally dropped for my priest. That was also the same time he decided to drop the mace for the first time.

Was a disappointing night as I no longer needed either piece >>

Ran Heroic Botanica every day for the Paladin Shoulders and never saw them until late into BT that I finally got T5's off of LootReaver and then they dropped next day in Botanica.

Thing is RNG can be a major major pain in the rear. Hm... can be? Who am I kidding it always is. RNG just hates me a lot :P

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Romandix View Post
    When you have been farming it for over a year and still not got what you wanted then please come back and try again. Seriously 8 kills is like a drop of water in the ocean. Oh i would also like to remind you that this is one of the downfalls of choosing the raid size you did.
    Why the hell would be farming anything for over a year when the content hasn't been out that long.. and for all those people that say "but in vanilla" not be rude but screw vanilla.. NEWS FLASH!! Its not vanilla anymore... its Cata.. STUFF HAS CHANGED.. Again.. be happy gimping your stats with lesser gear... it's up to you.. This close to a new patch I should have all my upgrades from normal modes already, and be working on heroics.

edit: and as for raid size.. short of disbanding the guild and going else where some guilds simply can not get a viable 25 man team together, so saying they chose 10 man is retarded.

Loot RNG has been annoying since the beginning of the game (especially when individual class tier items dropped). It is just like when my guild was killing Illidan for 4 months. We had 3 Skull Of Gul'dan drop and we had two full sets of the swords drop and 3 other off-hand swords drop.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verne View Post
    I still think it would be a bit more manageable if there was one "set" of epic gear available from raid drops and another with valor points, but the items would cost considerably more than they do now. This way you could get the proper gear in case of horrible loot luck.
    While the idea is okay, the result would be worse. Let's say Unlucky Raider kills Silly Boss 5 weeks in a row without getting Awesome Armor. UR then buys Awesome Armor 2. Enchants, gems, reforges. A week pass. Raidgroup kills SB. AA drops. UR now gets really annoyed because he wasted precious Valor on AA2. UR whines on forums and we all have to repeat what has been mentioned a gazillion times before - RNG is RNG!

Now, on the other end of the scale would be Little Noob. LN runs his weekly heroic dungeons and get the valor to buy AA2. With current income from normal HCs and the Zendalari ones as well as Baradin Hold, LN manages to get some pretty nifty gear before the content is too old and he starts raiding. LN gets in, kills all bosses week after week and never see a useful drop. He already have the best gear he can buy. And he's still a Little Noob because he didn't learn encounters while just barely geared for them. So LN stands in the fire and dies a horrible (but slow due to his hp pool being boosted by good gear) death. LN whines on forums that the gear he bought is crap because he can't stay alive and the bosses must be too hard.

No thanks, I prefer RNG :-p

Deleted
    I swear kids are spoiled these days, 8 kills is a lot now?
    Yea thats how the community is right now, they should get over it Rng is Rnd
    *thinks about the 6 Months with the Kelthuzad-10 Fistwapon on his shaman before the 25-Version finally dropped*
    It was a runnung Gag btw, the guild was close to start bets before every kill.....
    /sadface

10+ Year Old Account
    See, this guy knows whats up.
    killing a boss 25 times, would mean roughly 25 weeks and that's about 6 months.
    the usual raid tier is out for 6 months. So please, go troll somewhere else, Loot should drop within 5 kills imo. (at least once).

Often there are 4/5 people needing an item.

people that say, baby's blah blah 25 kills is normal,
    Have fun being the 2nd in line and having to wait 50 kills before you get it. I think you'll be trolling the forums whining when that happens
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

10+ Year Old Account
    Solution is simple.

Create A loot system that gives out loot based on the classes in the raid.

Problem, the less you raid the less money they make @ Activision.

Screw it, I'll be that guy.

If you're 10man is suffering from poor RNG, its because you're running 10man. 25s have several bonuses, gearing is one of them.
    Yeah, and one unbelievably HUGE downside - That you actually need to get 25 people online on a regular basis. In a game this old, when we've all seen and done it all already, burnout is too prevalent to toss your eggs in the 25m basket.

I forget how long exactly, but back in Vanilla, my guild killed Nefarian every week for several months. Never had a Lok'Amir drop. And only one of whatever that caster staff was. And I believe one Ashkandi. The fact that he had a massive loot table notwithstanding, RNG is RNG, and we just got unlucky. Any change to the system would be unfair and unnecessary.

Deleted
    Sort 25 man loot RNG as well. Seeing 5 Symbiotic worms drop of magmaw HC first kill sucks.....not to mention the 3 from the next kill

Quote Originally Posted by xiza View Post
    20 chimaeron kills and still no spirit mail bracers, but tooooooons of the agility ones. my boyfriend just hates this boss.. and his blue bracers.
    21 omnotron kills, only two poison protocol pauldrons. took me ages to get the normal version, hc ones dropped on the first kill though :|
    You could take some from us, you know? ^^ The shoulders drop every single time. And I mean
    EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I cannot remember an id where they did not drop. They are named
    shard-shoulders for us. The caster helmet I did not see a single time, not on my main, not on
    my alt, on the other side. Ah, and then there is the cloth-spirit-waist, which exactly ONE class
    can use. And it is not that there wouldn't be other waists. Once in 25m we had that waist
    drop THREE TIMES. All three were sharded. Yesterday we had the shard-shoulders and the
    spirit waist...

But asides from RNG I think there is something that NEEDS fixing. Some items make no sense, like items where Rep items are better. Also I think something needs to be thought about
    Cloth+Spirit and Plate+Spirit-Int. Both only one class can use. After that they get sharded.
    Maybe make them only drop if a compatible spec is in raid?

Deleted
    Screw it, I'll be that guy.

If you're 10man is suffering from poor RNG, its because you're running 10man. 25s have several bonuses, gearing is one of them.
    That's all fine and dandy, but if you can't find 25 decent raiders, what are you gonna do? Of course 25 man raiding is the best at the moment, it's been like that ever since they introduced to drop more loot in 25 man since there is obviously more people than in 10.

As the OP say, there is something extremely annoying about when the same loot drops from the same bosses over and over and over again. As a personal reference, my guild has had Halfus heroic on farm for almost 17 weeks now. And just yesterday was the first time we saw the heroic chest token for Rogue/Druid/Death Knight/Mage drop. First token. I mean, come on. Our paladins, priests and warlocks have gotten the token so many times we're gearing them for offspec and now, nobody can take that token.

It might be complete RNG, but that doesn't mean it can't be frustrating.