Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankrupted View Post
    Dark Brotherhood and thives guild were my favorites, other than that mages and fighters was decent too =) main mission was a bit slow
    I loved the Dark Brotherhood. I just found it strange that my warrior character could rise to the top of the Mage's Guild despite having 0 magic skills above 30

And I also found it strange that once you hit level 20, random bandits somehow had Daedric armor...

With RPGs like Deus Ex and Witcher 2 this year, I highly doubt it will be even RPG of the year, let alone game of the year. All RPGs should have a strong storyline. Skyrim being open world is no excuse because Deus Ex is pretty open world and it has a great storyline. Not to mention the gameplay is far superior in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    With RPGs like Deus Ex and Witcher 2 this year, I highly doubt it will be even RPG of the year, let alone game of the year. All RPGs should have a strong storyline. Skyrim being open world is no excuse because Deus Ex is pretty open world and it has a great storyline. Not to mention the gameplay is far superior in my opinion.
    idk, witcher 2 looked reallly clunky to me. Havent seen any gameplay of Deus Ex though.

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Doesnt know what hes talking about.

Its a whole new engine so how can it be outdated?
    I should have specified of the outdated engine part that I was talking about the graphics. I was just assuming most people could get that as I was talking about it 1 sentence earlier but I was wrong to do so. My apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    It's not a whole new engine. It's extremely modified Gamebryo engine which they renamed Creation Engine due to all the changes it got. And those graphics aren't really omgwtfpwnagebbq level either, more like slighty optimized current generation graphics.

It has just got the "whoa new stuff" onto it with few new tricks and the art style which is so far thousand times better than in Oblivion also does add it's effect. The biggest real graphical change is the real time lightning, which was already part of Oblivion but was scrapped because they couldn't make it work at the time.
    It just doesn't feel right letting them get away with just those additions to the engine. With such a big title it should be a crime to use similar graphics to those of their previous game Oblivion which was released five years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    It just doesn't feel right letting them get away with just those additions to the engine. With such a big title it should be a crime to use similar graphics to those of their previous game Oblivion which was released five years ago.
    Consoles are several generations late compared to PC today. They simply can't push out anything else at this point really, expesially when they have to optimize it for 3 platforms.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I should have specified of the outdated engine part that I was talking about the graphics. I was just assuming most people could get that as I was talking about it 1 sentence earlier but I was wrong to do so. My apologies.

I think the biggest updates they made to the engine was the animations, lighting, and draw distance. Which we all can agree are drastically improved over that of Oblivion. At the very least we will not have to moon walk ever - ever - again.

I hate how they market their visuals as a selling point, they aren't - they are slight above average, and I'd much rather they just talk about the sheer scope of their world. I don't think the game looks bad, I think the art direction is fantastic, but its not what I care about in the game I'm hoping to play.

Game looks fantastic to me.

Anyway, do we know if the Dark Brotherhood or something akin to it is making an appearance in Skyrim

Consoles are several generations late compared to PC today. They simply can't push out anything else at this point really, expesially when they have to optimize it for 3 platforms.
    Which is also one of the reasons I'm disappointed with this game. They are basically just selling the name of the game now and add a few cool things to the engine just so that it can "make up" for the loss of graphical quality to todays standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooya View Post
    I think the biggest updates they made to the engine was the animations, lighting, and draw distance. Which we all can agree are drastically improved over that of Oblivion. At the very least we will not have to moon walk ever - ever - again..
    If you ask me I would say that the animations are still pretty horrible. Improved indeed, but horrible. I like the lighting and draw distance improvements a lot though but that just seems like a desperate effort to make us forget about the lacking of their graphics.

I would probably still play the game because I simply love free roam RPG's but it's exactly as you said:
    I hate how they market their visuals as a selling point, they aren't - they are slight above average, and I'd much rather they just talk about the sheer scope of their world.
    Which, as you can probably see, is a big issue for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post

Anyway, do we know if the Dark Brotherhood or something akin to it is making an appearance in Skyrim
    We know their is a Thief's guild, Mage College, and a Fighters group (Companions). There was no mention of a Dark Brotherhood, but 'silence' is their preferred attribute - so maybe they're around.

15+ Year Old Account
    This game looks amazing? Seriously? This looks as good as Oblivion which was released FIVE years ago. The engine is terribly outdated and the animation looks horrible.

I'm terribly disappointed with this game so far. GOTY? I don't think so.

The only thing that's "cool" about this game is the dragons and wandering mammoths.

Just adding that the Dragon combat sure beats the shit out of the boring Oblivion gates. That's my plus point for this game so far.
    LOL
    This game looks amazing, and it looks nothing like Oblivion. You are just inept or retarded if you think this game looks anything remotely like Oblivion.

http://bi.gazeta.pl/im/9/9733/z9733459O.jpg

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    LOL
    This game looks amazing, and it looks nothing like Oblivion. You are just inept or retarded if you think this game looks anything remotely like Oblivion.

http://bi.gazeta.pl/im/9/9733/z9733459O.jpg
    It looks like Oblivion with Qarl's texture pack and some face-lifting mod and those were released years ago already. It's not impressive on PC standards.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Jesus that trailer is just on 360...

imagine the pc version...

gawd that must look amazing at max graphics on computer & must take a spacecraft to run

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropic View Post
    Skyrim will be the undisputed GOTY. Hands down. Don't try to argue with me.
    Now that they've said that the game is mainly being developed for consoles, with "availability and easy access" as their top priorities, I'm sincerely doubting it will qualify for GOTY anymore.
    In other words, it's being dumbed down and PC players will be stuck with another buggy Bethesda game that's terribly clunky.

---------- Post added 2011-06-10 at 01:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post

gawd that must look amazing at max graphics on computer & must take a spacecraft to run

The PC version is gonna be a port. Don't expect anything good.

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post

"Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim looks so good on Xbox 360 (and presumably PS3) that the studio is aiming for minimal visual difference between console versions and the PC counterpart."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...sole-bethesda/

It's really funny how he defends low resolution textures on consoles though, compared to PC ones. Distance from monitor vs distance from TV!

Also the people who are dreaming for DX11 features, they are using some of that for performance increase for PC, not for the special effects.

""Basically, it's mostly a DX9 game in terms of [how the] shaders work," Todd told AusGamers. "When it comes to DX11 there are things they give us for free in terms of performance gains, and that's really what I meant. "

http://www.ausgamers.com/news/read/3049109

15+ Year Old Account
    You clowns are forgetting a pretty major thing.
    Audiences. It's been stated by Todd Howard himself that console users make up like, what was it 90% of their audience?
    Yeah, lets cater to 10% and hope for the best rite? It's this thing called making money, companies tend to do that.
    Kind of like Blizzard doesn't cater WoW to hardcore raiders, seeing as how less than 5% of WoW's community are hardcore raiders.

Common sense is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    You clowns are forgetting a pretty major thing.
    Audiences. It's been stated by Todd Howard himself that console users make up like, what was it 90% of their audience?
    Yeah, lets cater to 10% and hope for the best rite? It's this thing called making money, companies tend to do that.
    Kind of like Blizzard doesn't cater WoW to hardcore raiders, seeing as how less than 5% of WoW's community are hardcore raiders.

Common sense is hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post

Yes The Dark Brotherhood will be back for Skyrim (:

10+ Year Old Account
    They say Skyrim will have 300 hours of gameplay, story alone.

I spent 300 hours in Oblivion, about 100 of those hours playing through the story.

I'M SO FUCKING EXCITED!!
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey, bro, good joke.
    And they said 300 hours of gameplay, they did not say story alone. That's the entire game combined, all sidequest and exploration in all. Pretty much the same for Morrowind and Oblivion. BUt I wouldn't dare spend 300 hours in Oblivion. I've spent over 1000 hours in Morrowind on 3 toons though. Best game of all time IMO.

I just feel like the elder scrolls series since morrowind feels like the gta of fantasy series games.

I just feel like its just to amazing. left+right trigger thing is amazing

They need to add co-op or something. After 3 games you'd think maybe they'd add some form of co-op or multiplayer. Id really like to be able to play this game with a friend or 2 and I know I'm not the only one