Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Star Wars The Old Republic - the ULTIMATE MMO

SW tor will def be the real next gen MMO, having things that WoW lacks from release, things such as :

- Story driven mmo
    -fully voiced characters
    -multiple choice options
    -different classes per faction ( no stupid mix ups like in wow where both factions have same classes - tauren pala lol)
    -multiple worlds
    -space combat
    -your own starships

and many more things that will make SW tor wipe the floor with world of failcraft.

I know im dissing wow on MMo champion's forum which should be a site for ALL mmo's not for wow only.
    Last edited by mmoc6ba795c147; 2011-06-09 at 08:18 AM.

We have a SWTOR Thread. You are also probably going to get a lot of fanboys arguing with you any second now..

15+ Year Old Account
    So WoW didn't have a story on release huh? I see.
    And you feel WoW was lacking because it lacked space combat? I see.
    And Starships? WoW didn't have starships.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

You do no good for the game by dissing WoW at the same time as you promote SW:ToR.

Deleted
    Why is this site called MMO-champion, when it only talks about wow and show updates about wow? IT should be a place for all mmo updates

If its only about wow then call it WoW-champion ffs

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, can't tell if serious. One person cannot be that stupid.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    So WoW didn't have a story on release huh? I see.
    And you feel WoW was lacking because it lacked space combat? I see.
    And Starships? WoW didn't have starships.
    WoW has little to no real story, and has since at least BC lacked any basic feeling of an RPG, let's be serious about this one now lol. Sure there are a ton of Lore aspects in WoW, but most quests are entirely filler quests and i'd put money on it that people can't tell you who org was named after, or half the major characters of lore were lol.

---------- Post added 2011-06-09 at 08:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoroth23 View Post
    Why is this site called MMO-champion, when it only talks about wow and show updates about wow? IT should be a place for all mmo updates

Always been majorly about WoW. WoW is THE MMO, so it's not necessarily misleading, you whining won't change anythign though.

Deleted
    I saw video of SW preview. Character control seemed to be somewhat clumsy comparing to WoW. As long as this fact remains SW will stay wiped by itself.

You must be a raging teenager atheist and a stupid wow fanboy right?
    bad troll is bad troll, this thread will last as long as your other one.. lawl.

You must be a raging teenager atheist and a stupid wow fanboy right?
    I don't understand what his religion/non-religion has anything to do with this, lol.

But anyway, we got 1-2 threads asking about this every week. MMO-Champion is mainly a WoW forum. Boub will start covering other MMOs when WoW burns out.

Deleted

Because WoW TRULY, DEEPLY, AND UNDENIABLY IS The MMO Champion Second place is taken by what game...? And how much it hold of WoW number of players? 1%.. 2%?

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    We have a SWTOR Thread. You are also probably going to get a lot of fanboys arguing with you any second now..
    So basicaly you're saying that anyone who thinks SWTOR is bad is a wow fanboy.

That's smart,mature,and totaly not fanboying.

on-topic,there's another thread about this.

MMOchampion should be a site for ALL mmo's not for wow only
    This is the only point i agree with, though to a degree, but that's for another thread where soon mods will be coming in and bringing down the banhammer on everyone
    Asdfgh

SW tor will def be the real next gen MMO, having things that WoW lacks from release, things such as :

- Story driven mmo
    -fully voiced characters
    -multiple choice options
    -different classes per faction ( no stupid mix ups like in wow where both factions have same classes - tauren pala lol)
    -multiple worlds
    -space combat
    -your own starships

and many more things that will make SW tor wipe the floor with world of failcraft.

I know im dissing wow on MMo champion's forum which should be a site for ALL mmo's not for wow only.

Yea agree, Wow are missing and need space combats and starships to be a good mmo game!!

nja serious, wow is in my opinion a great mmo game and love the game. But Im also looking forward to try Swtor. regarding the space combat, they annonced it should be like a mini-game, simliar with Star Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    So basicaly you're saying that anyone who thinks SWTOR is bad is a wow fanboy.

That's smart,mature,and totaly not fanboying.

on-topic,there's another thread about this.
    No. Any fanboy is a fanboy. This guy is a SWTOR fanboy and a quite silly one at that, judging from his comments...

Silly is the nicest way I can put it.

Deleted
    My thread got flooded with fanboys lololol spreading their so well known wow rage against all those who say something bad against it.

Your rage fuels my hate for wow and for its rotting comunity

wow is like tonights south park. all good things come to an end eventually.

Deleted

- Story driven mmo
    -fully voiced characters
    -multiple choice options
    -multiple worlds
    -space combat
    -your own starships

1. Great but IMO its a step away from the massively aspect of MMOs
    2. This is kinda cool, hopefully there are tons voices to choose from. It would suck if everyone had the same 10 voices.
    3. The illusion of choice, kind of like in DA:O or Mass Effect. Don't get me wrong the I love DA:O and ME1&2 but no matter which choices you make in game there are only 2 different out comes: Warden/Shepard saves world OR warden/Shepard die at the end of the game.
    4. Different classes make one faction more appealing than the other. IMO, Sith have the more interesting classes overall.
    5. Just really big zones with loading screens inbetween. Not every world will be the same size as azeroth.
    6. Just a fun but probably repetitive rail shooter, Like in KOTOR.
    7. Player housing

SWTOR isnt exactly reinventing the wheel here, it might be fun but it might also be a complete flop, only time will tell.
    Last edited by mmocbf51ec4761; 2011-06-09 at 08:51 AM.

My thread got flooded with fanboys lololol spreading their so well known wow rage against all those who say something bad against it.

Asdfgh

Deleted

Tbh, quite some are only opposing your first post claiming that WoW doesn't have some things that TOR has.

- Story driven mmo: I guess it's about time you start reading quests mate.
    - fully voiced characters: I completely agree, adding voice to quests for example would defenitly be a great addition
    - multiple choice options
    - different classes per faction: techically, since you claimed it's been missing since the release - paladins were once alliance only and shamans were horde only
    - multiple worlds: outland? northrend could practically count as new world as well
    - space combat: this is not a space-like mmo
    - your own starships: again, not a space-like mmo