Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    First Rift employees making countless threads with their newly created accounts about their game and how it's the best shit ever, now Bioware shitting their pants too. Rock on, chap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoroth23 View Post
    SW tor will def be the real next gen MMO, having things that WoW lacks from release, things such as :

- Story driven mmo
    -fully voiced characters
    -multiple choice options
    -different classes per faction ( no stupid mix ups like in wow where both factions have same classes - tauren pala lol)
    -multiple worlds
    -space combat
    -your own starships

and many more things that will make SW tor wipe the floor with world of failcraft.

I know im dissing wow on MMo champion's forum which should be a site for ALL mmo's not for wow only.
    I can't wait for SWtOR. I might actually play WoW again once some competition has entered the market. I said about 3 years ago I felt WoW would actually benefit from some stiff competition to purify and distill the community a bit. The community is actually what ruined WoW for me. The game itself in my opinion is as good as it always has been by and large.

Story driven mmo
    This needs more definition for me to be sold. A good story is of course important but actually I'd argue that there are more important things in an MMO.

fully voiced characters
    I really don't get the big deal over this. I actually couldn't care less. It won't make or break the game. If I don't like a character at least in WoW all I have to do is read at most a paragraph then i can move on instead of having to listen to them actually talk to me.

multiple choice options
    I can take or leave this. If they have a genuine impact on the gameflow for my character then great but it has to be well done. Either go big or don't bother here.

different classes per faction ( no stupid mix ups like in wow where both factions have same classes - tauren pala lol)
    Again I'm indifferent. From a star wars PoV it makes sense to have no faction/class cross overs. It works for WoW to have them though from a game balance and raid design point of view.

multiple worlds
    If you view different worlds as different zones then it's hardly different from just about every MMO on the market.

space combat
    If it's really well done it might be cool but if it's not done to the highest standard then it could very easily suck.

your own starships
    Just a fancy mount. If I can customise its weapon load out and get new stuff for it then sure sounds amusing but if it is as I say just a fancy mount then frankly I'm not really bothered.

All this leads to my final point. For me an MMO is made or broken by its gameplay. Gameplay is something in my opinion Bioware is historically pretty average maybe even bad at. Sure they can make an amazing story but the one thing that impresses me with WoW and has yet to be topped is how well the game plays. It's so fluid. The way the camera interacts with the character movement is just sublime.

If you want me to pay a subscription for a game it has to seriously impress me. When I go into an MMO I will actively look for reasons to stop playing as well as reasons to carry on playing. You'll have to work doubly hard to hold my interest. I'm not paying for a product on a monthly basis that doesn't fullfill all of or the vast majority of my expectations. I'm sure this might be the reason I've only played a handful of MMOs and only two beyond the free trial. I'm sure I'll give star wars a shot but I don't have the faith in Bioware I once had.
    Last edited by mmoc2a5f714448; 2011-06-09 at 08:59 AM.

Why is this site called MMO-champion, when it only talks about wow and show updates about wow? IT should be a place for all mmo updates

If its only about wow then call it WoW-champion ffs
    Because wow is the champion of mmos? not your site. Boub owns it so gtfo. be thankful he lets people like you even post here AND gives you a seperate forum. That's why this section is called OFF TOPIC.

Deleted
    Luckely this game is so perfect that all other MMO's can just drop, everyting is about graphics, not gameplay.
    Well if this game starts with a playerbase like you, bb lmao.
    Rage kid, calling blizzfanboys bad, but look at you tough guy.
    Lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    i'd put money on it that people can't tell you who org was named after, or half the major characters of lore were lol.
    Ah now this is a good point. It's also something I've said many times. Now, keep that in mind when you realize that people don't know... because they don't care. Honestly, folks just don't care about the lore and the cyber landmark's backstory... and that's fine.

So given that "MOST" of the largest commanding P2P MMOs community doesn't care about story... where is everyone getting the idea that huge numbers are going to flock to a game that forces you to have a fake conversation with NPCs in almost every dungeon and on almost every quest? O.o

In my opinion, a very large chunk of the playerbase is going to be made up of people who're just buying it for the single player aspect and playing it as though it were the next Kotor.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Saw gameplay from this years E3 was severly underwhelmed, for the new "King of MMO's" it looked very samey and boring.

Deleted
    Orgrimmar... named in honour of Orgrim DoomHammer, hence Thrall's cries of 'Remember DoomHammer' throughout WC3.

OT - Don't care ;D TOR might get me on a trial, might not - depends how polished it is. Doubt I'll be switching full-time though - might play through the story a few times, but until another MMO offers me WoW-quality raiding, I'm here to stay.

Peace.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    So WoW didn't have a story on release huh? I see.
    And you feel WoW was lacking because it lacked space combat? I see.
    And Starships? WoW didn't have starships.
    Yup, those last 2 reasons are definitely the reasons why the 600k subs left; because WoW doesn't have starships or space combat. Oh, not to mention fully voiced NPCs, if only Mankrik had a voice actor, maybe we would have had better luck with his wife.
    You must be a raging teenager atheist and a stupid wow fanboy right?
    My god, you just made your self look even more idiotic. Raging teenager athiest? Want some help taking that needle out of your arm?
    Anyway, SWTOR gameplay looks awful. Every CGI trailer I see I get excited for the game, and think it looks like it's going to be amazing, and then I watch a gameplay video... I'm not sure if it's just because the person playing is normally just stunned by everything since this is the first and only half hour they're getting on it for a while, but it just looks boring and badly done.

Tbh, all these threads do is put people off the game. Since around 80% (statistic pulled out of my arse) of threads about upcoming MMOs have an OP screaming about how bad WoW is and calling anyone who still plays it or don't think that this MMO is going to 'beat' WoW is a lolfanboi. Even if the gameplay is good, why would I want to play an MMO filled with people like the OP.

You must be a raging teenager atheist and a stupid wow fanboy right?
    you can almost feel the irony, right? oh, wait, you can't and btw, please enlighten us: what's the relevance with the word "atheist" in this phrase ? the guy you quoted never said something about religion...

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe the OP is still subscribed to WoW. Nobody could hate the game that much had they quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltaj View Post
    and btw, please enlighten us: what's the relevance with the word "atheist" in this phrase ? the guy you quoted never said something about religion...
    It's new insult .. Anyway, I am atheist and it's still seems funny to me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Ah now this is a good point. It's also something I've said many times. Now, keep that in mind when you realize that people don't know... because they don't care. Honestly, folks just don't care about the lore and the cyber landmark's backstory... and that's fine.

So given that "MOST" of the largest commanding P2P MMOs community doesn't care about story... where is everyone getting the idea that huge numbers are going to flock to a game that forces you to have a fake conversation with NPCs in almost every dungeon and on almost every quest? O.o

In my opinion, a very large chunk of the playerbase is going to be made up of people who're just buying it for the single player aspect and playing it as though it were the next Kotor.
    I didn't think about this. While I personally like the story behind WoW and am interested in it, it's far from a defining factor of the game. On top of this, the majority of the playerbase don't care at all. In my old Guild, which was a very casual Guild I'll admit, I was the only one who new anything about the lore. Also, in the game, there's not really anything that tells you the backstory. Very few people know anything about who Deathwing is and even less new who Sinestra, Nefarian and Cho'gall are. Going back to Wrath, people knew a little about The Lich King because it told you a bit on the Installer. I'm willing to bet most people didn't even remember that stuff a few weeks into the expansion, if they even read it at all. Yet somehow WoW has 11.4m subscribers. Story has nothing to do with an MMO being good. Yeah you need it to an extent, otherwise you'll be sat wondering "so why have we gotta kill Deathwing again?" but it's definitely not something that the success of an MMO hinges upon.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    I dont believe that Atheist became an insult now!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Without being rude, I didn't think Atheists were the kind of people to be offended by something like that anyway, lol.

Deleted
    The whole Starwars theme seems kinda lame to me. Dont think it will last that long.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont play WoW anymore, it's shit. So i'm not a WoW fanboy.

But mark my words, SWTOR will NOT be the next MMO on the throne. But hey, it dont have to go mainstream for people to enjoy it.
    I play WAR atm, even if it's not the most popular game. Awesome community, awesome gameplay. That's enough for me.

(A MMO going mainstream does include getting a unforgiving, and at most times, retarded community.)
    Last edited by Winfernal; 2011-06-09 at 09:40 AM.

Deleted
    WEll not such an epic game anymore, poof he goes

---------- Post added 2011-06-09 at 11:33 AM ----------

STill a good game thou, just those people /blegh I like all MMO's being competative, its the community that ruins it :/

I like how OP knows that SW:TOR is a fantastic MMO (the ultimate MMO even, such bold claims!) without it, you know, being out yet...

WoW is the MMO. Star wars TOR has a lot of ground to cover and it needs to provide ballance. They shine with multiple classes for each faction but unless they pull it off flawlesly that can end up stoping the MMO dead in its tracks. It has potential and the old (and new) starwars fanbase might be drawn to buy it only because of the title not the MMO style of gaming but unless it pulls off all the things its promising it wont stand a chance pulling players off the wow market.
    Last edited by Mesovr; 2011-06-09 at 09:39 AM.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

Why is this site called MMO-champion, when it only talks about wow and show updates about wow? IT should be a place for all mmo updates

If its only about wow then call it WoW-champion ffs
    It's MMO-champion.com, not a bunch of decentmmos.com, and because WoW is the biggest, and best MMO out there, thats why this site as about WoW.