Deleted

How well does demo scale compared to the other specs?

Being an avid Demo player i would like to know how Demo currently is on the ptr.

I can imagine it scales pretty well, considering more int = higher doombolt damage and way higher felhound crits.

In addition, more hit from gear allows us to get more haste till the 2nd corruption tick and way more mastery after that.

The problem with demo scaling is that already at current gear level, demo is on GCD cap during decimation+BL or molten core+BL. That makes haste to be a less desirable stat for demo and make mastery going forward on priority list. However compared to the other secondary DPS stats each point in haste gives higher % increase (until soft cap).
    Similar is with destro, that comes pretty close to GCD cap on incinerate/CB during backdraft+BL on current gear level as well.

As result, affliction is the best on scaling compared to two other specs (as they can safely increase haste until their eyes bleed). Destro and Demo are lagging behind affliction and quite close to each other on scaling - Destro still have some spare haste to go because of redesigned ISF, but demo can put it all into mastery, that is also requires fewer points for % increase when compared to crit.
    Last edited by Norzaki; 2011-06-09 at 09:08 AM.

Deleted
    Demo is too good compared to other classes. Not only is his pipe launcher extremely strong, it also gained a speed buff. Sticky Launcher does more damage than ever, so you'll definetley want to put that in your inventory. The Eyelander has also been buffed but you're better off with the Bottle since the Chargin' Targe is still underpowered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hrensgory View Post
    Snip
    However, Demo only needs haste when getting the second corruption tick and possibly more haste for a second immolate tick. After that you just stack mastery, so i don't see being GCD capped as much of a problem right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Corpselooter View Post
    However, Demo only needs haste when getting the second corruption tick and possibly more haste for a second immolate tick. After that you just stack mastery, so i don't see being GCD capped as much of a problem right now.
    Here is the thing - before soft haste caps, haste is the best scaling secondary stat for all three specs (gives more DPS increase for each point until you reach some softcap). The haste becomes less desirable for demo/destro (at higher gear level) because demo/destro reaches haste soft caps much earlier. That's the major factor that demo/destro scale lags behind affliction.
    And in affliction - drain spec have the best scale possible (no softcap on haste and mastery affects nearly every damaging spell they use). That means that despite hot-nerf to DL, sometime in near future drain spec will overtake top position again (it could be at the end of 4.2 or a little bit later, but this going to happen anyway). and if blizzard keeps their attitude for "SB for affliction" we will see more nerfs to Drain Life coming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hrensgory View Post
    Snip
    Right, and that's why affliction is currently so good at high gear levels.

Thanks for your input, you've taught me a thing or two.

That said, how is Demo DPS currently looking on the PTR?