Will attunement be required for Firelands?

so im under the impression that in order to enter the firelands instance you need to do dailies for atleast a week in order to open the portal to the realm where the instance is hiding. am i right? or can we just jump in the second patch goes live

Firelands dailies require a portion of the quests in hyjal to be completed in order to do them.
    Firelands raid requires no such attunement. It has no attunement at all.

Raid attunements died in TBC.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Crap. Looks like I'll have to do some Hyjal quests on my main. *sigh*
    "Come...the task should not be that difficult; I need only direct my blades towards the smell of shit."

"It is a curse.. being blessed with so much to offer."

Deleted
    No clue tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to do quests inorder to get the the new zone (Firelands) but not to enter the raid.
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

Pretty sure they said they will never bring attunements back ... sadly.

You need to do only a few quests in Hyjal ending with http://db.mmo-champion.com/q/25372/.
    You will get http://db.mmo-champion.com/q/29390/g...-the-ancients/ from Heroes Board if you missed Hyjal.

I skipped Hyjal. Vashj'ir was to perdy to pass up.
    "Come...the task should not be that difficult; I need only direct my blades towards the smell of shit."

"It is a curse.. being blessed with so much to offer."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atris View Post
    You need to do only a few quests in Hyjal ending with http://db.mmo-champion.com/q/25372/.
    You will get http://db.mmo-champion.com/q/29390/g...-the-ancients/ from Heroes Board if you missed Hyjal.
    That is for the quest hub, NOT the firelands raid.
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

Oh I see some people are confused.
    The entrance to the raid has been there since cataclysm, in Sulfuron spire there's gated raid portal and you don't need to do any quest to enter the raid.
    You do however need to do the quests to get into the new questing zone and do more ... quests and get free epix.

As people already have said:
    There won't be any attunements ever again. At least not for the time being.
    I'd like it for a Sargeras raid though. Just to make it more epic!
    Dumbledore dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaykay View Post
    so im under the impression that in order to enter the firelands instance you need to do dailies for atleast a week in order to open the portal to the realm where the instance is hiding. am i right? or can we just jump in the second patch goes live
    You should read more? Plus a simple flight through that area, you'd see where the instance portal is going to be.
    As for attunements?
    Naxx2.0? No. Ulduar? No. ToC? No. ICC? No. BWD/TotFW/BoT? No. WHY would you think an attunement would be put into place now....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    Oh I see some people are confused.
    The entrance to the raid has been there since cataclysm, in Sulfuron spire there's gated raid portal and you don't need to do any quest to enter the raid.
    You do however need to do the quests to get into the new questing zone and do more ... quests and get free epix.
    He is correct, they are free; they are in your mailbox when you log on after patch. /end sarcasm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Raid attunements died in TBC.
    Basically this.
    Its really one aspect that I hated while I was raiding during TBC having to ensure the new recruit is attuned or run him through attunements.
    Some of you might say its a good way to keep the bads out of your raids, but sometimes there's these few players who you recruited (who are really good with their classes & all) but they can't raid because they aren't attuned.
    I'm not sad to see they took attunement out.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    Pretty sure they said they will never bring attunements back ... sadly.
    they said they would never bring back individual player attunaments

a lot of us are hoping for 'guild attunament' based of some achevemnt or similar.