Deleted

Halfus heroic query as Destruction

Did Halfus heroic last night after a 2 week break (moving house ftl) and found that for that fight I was way under dpswise compared to the other ranged dps.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m...e/?s=711&e=970

Keep in mind that our guild never releases the slate dragon because we find it easier and faster not to.

I did not tab target immolate on the whelps
    I put BoH on the 2nd drake to die while dpsing the current drake

are these two points sufficient enough to count for the dps loss?

The other kills for that night my dps was similar to the other ranged dps.

Deleted
    It's quite oke considering you didn't immolate the rest. You didn't DPS whore and went for kill rotation rather then "lolz BoH on halfus", which is a good thing. If you want to be going for higher DPS, go with BoH on Halfus, or even BoH on drake and DPS halfus. Your raid leader might not like it tho.

To my knowledge placing BoH on Halfus doesn't make your BoH do any extra damage, as it will only do 15% of yours (+ whatever CoE bug there is/was)

The other way around is magical for numbers though, after a few drakes it's better to just do that since you won't even really be losing any dps on the drake with Havoc on it

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    To my knowledge placing BoH on Halfus doesn't make your BoH do any extra damage, as it will only do 15% of yours (+ whatever CoE bug there is/was)

The other way around is magical for numbers though, after a few drakes it's better to just do that since you won't even really be losing any dps on the drake with Havoc on it

I'm curious as to why you say that; most guilds seem to only release 4 drakes, so at most you would only ever be able to 300% increased damage to halfus and transfer that to a drake. With BoH being 15%, that means you are dealing 3xDPS to halfus, but only .45xDPS to the drake. Sure, an overall DPS increase, but considering killing drakes is more important, why would you ever willing cut the DPS that matters(the dps on the drake) in half just to boost your numbers?

Deleted
    Assuming that the boss and drakes (including whelps) are grouped in middle - Just throw in a few Rain Of Fires and shadowfury's, if u position yourself correctly in melee range use shadowflame too. Tab casting corruption (or even BoA) over immolate might be an advantage too - but ultimately the rule should be single target as per kill order with BoH on the boss, the rest is just padding the meters (aka having some fun).

Am I right in assuming that only one warlock in a group can have BoH on Halfus at any one time?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korchinks View Post
    Am I right in assuming that only one warlock in a group can have BoH on Halfus at any one time?
    No.

(filler)

Deleted
    Get in melee and shadowflame on CD. Its higer DPCT that Incin anyways so your not "cheating" and it will boost your dps considerably.