Thread: AskMrRobot

AskMrRobot

Hi

i play prot paladin and have looked around for other sites like AskMrRobot... dont know if i trust it.... should i?

are there other sites like it that are better?

anyone know?

thanks

Like a website with BiS lists? or item comparisons?

Your honestly probably just better off doing your own calculations using EJ's numbers when looking at gear upgrades.

Is there an issue you are having with AMR or..what? Because quite frankly I have had 0 issues with it.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    You dont need MrRobot as a prot pally.
    Just reforge all hit/exp to mastery
    After that reforge whats not reforged (dodge/parry) to mastery
    And keep your dodgerating the same as parry rating.
    .done

10+ Year Old Account
    on a chair staring at a screen somewhere in Europe
    so far Mr.Robot works well for me.
    as prot Pala, I'm guessing Mr.Robot is telling you to change everything you have into mastery?

<I used to be a poster like you, but then I took an infraction to the knee>

you can input your own stat values on AMR, just go to EG and get them

Quote Originally Posted by Téuntjûh View Post
    You dont need MrRobot as a prot pally.
    Just reforge all hit/exp to mastery
    After that reforge whats not reforged (dodge/parry) to mastery
    And keep your dodgerating the same as parry rating.
    .done
    This is not correct information. There are many instances where Paladins will reforge dodge or parry into mastery when avoidance/mitigation stats are present with a threat stat (i.e. dodge/hit). For example, reforging the dodge on the bracers from exalted Ramkahen, Bile-o-tron Nut ring from Chimaeron, Ironstar Amulet necklace from Atramedes, and even paladin t11 helm and shoulders all net you higher overall avoidance/mitigation by reforging the dodge into mastery rather than the hit or expertise present into mastery.

This is due to paladins receiving such a high chance to block per point of mastery. Note this doesn't work for other tanks. Run a CTC macro and you will see the differences add up with your reforges or look over Theck's math at maintankadin.

Review reforging practices at maintankadin or other reputable sites before handling out inaccurate information please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsu727 View Post
    This is not correct information. There are many instances where Paladins will reforge dodge or parry into mastery when avoidance/mitigation stats are present with a threat stat (i.e. dodge/hit). For example, reforging the dodge on the bracers from exalted Ramkahen, Bile-o-tron Nut ring from Chimaeron, Ironstar Amulet necklace from Atramedes, and even paladin t11 helm and shoulders all net you higher overall avoidance/mitigation by reforging the dodge into mastery rather than the hit or expertise present into mastery.

This is due to paladins receiving such a high chance to block per point of mastery. Note this doesn't work for other tanks. Run a CTC macro and you will see the differences add up with your reforges or look over Theck's math at maintankadin.

Review reforging practices at maintankadin or other reputable sites before handling out inaccurate information please.
    In basically all instances it will net you more combat table coverage, however it also reduces your avoidance. There was a thread on maintankadin where Theck and others were saying in most cases you reforge the hit or expertise because otherwise you ignore the fact that avoidance totally mitigates damage.

"theck wrote:To minimize damage taken: the break-even point occurs when the amount of threat rating on the item is 7.5% of the avoidance rating on the item. For an item with less threat rating, you would be better off reforging the avoidance rating to mastery. Since this should not be the case for nearly all (all?) items available right now, you will in general get a larger reduction in damage intake by reforging the threat rating to mastery."
    http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...hp?f=6&t=31374
    Last edited by mmoccff815c062; 2011-06-09 at 10:40 PM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bobty View Post
    In basically all instances it will net you more combat table coverage, however it also reduces your avoidance. There was a thread on maintankadin where Theck and others were saying in most cases you reforge the hit or expertise because otherwise you ignore the fact that avoidance totally mitigates damage.

"theck wrote:To minimize damage taken: the break-even point occurs when the amount of threat rating on the item is 7.5% of the avoidance rating on the item. For an item with less threat rating, you would be better off reforging the avoidance rating to mastery. Since this should not be the case for nearly all (all?) items available right now, you will in general get a larger reduction in damage intake by reforging the threat rating to mastery."
    http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...hp?f=6&t=31374
    Yup, so basicly, if you want to max your CtC, you can reforge your threat stats.
    But for the greatest reduction in damage taken you should reforget the hit/exp, even on ramkahen bracers.

Deleted
    While having nice avoidance is nice and stuff but if you don't need it, use threat gear. With agro whoring warriors and mages (and if you ever play on Nordrassil - EU, me) you might find the extra expertise and hit useful. Assuming you don't get two shot by trash mobs.

As for AMR, it usually works best if you manually input stat weights. Personally I use a CTC macro but as tankings my offspec, I haven't really looked too closely at it.

As for what Zetsu said, I agree. If you have a helmet giving 168 parry and 228 dodge, reforging off the dodge would net you more mastery, which may or may not increase total avoidance (which is where the CTC macro comes in so that you can double check your results.)

As for what Teuntjuh posted above, thats the scrub offspec reforge technique where you're going in the right direction while not optimizing your stats. Nothing wrong with it but it can be done better.

Quote Originally Posted by imbahunter View Post
    Hi

i play prot paladin and have looked around for other sites like AskMrRobot... dont know if i trust it.... should i?

are there other sites like it that are better?

anyone know?

thanks
    So far I have used it with a afflic lock, ret pally, frost mage, elem sham, moonkin, bear, rogue, warr, dk, spriest, and disc priest. It has always worked extremely well. It does a great job of helping you get to your hit cap (ex. lock) with the best stats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivle View Post
    As for what Teuntjuh posted above, thats the scrub offspec reforge technique where you're going in the right direction while not optimizing your stats. Nothing wrong with it but it can be done better.
    I am puzzled as to how you can define it as "the scrub offspec reforge technique" when Theck himself says this method nets the best overall damage reduction.

It is such a shame that people respond so rudely thinking they are right when evidently they are not.
    Last edited by mmoccff815c062; 2011-06-09 at 11:56 PM.

You all are missing the bigger picture. You're correct in saying that reforging threat stats away will net your more overall avoidance and damage reduction before full CTC, however, why would you not want to have full CTC? If you are a tank having this conversation, I would assume you all have the gear capable of doing this considering you only need a few pieces of heroics to do so as a Paladin. Choosing to go that route and not hit full CTC is a poor decision and that's what I am pointing out.

Hit full CTC and then start working off excess stats and build your avoidance up while maintaining it. If you aren't doing this, you're taking a lot of damage you shouldn't be.

theck had a hand in making it so it is good... how ever anything like that and rawr are useless for tanks.

Deleted
    This robot site seems to say Porcelain Crab is BiS trinket, anyone else credit that or?

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsu727 View Post
    You all are missing the bigger picture. You're correct in saying that reforging threat stats away will net your more overall avoidance and damage reduction before full CTC, however, why would you not want to have full CTC? If you are a tank having this conversation, I would assume you all have the gear capable of doing this considering you only need a few pieces of heroics to do so as a Paladin. Choosing to go that route and not hit full CTC is a poor decision and that's what I am pointing out.

Hit full CTC and then start working off excess stats and build your avoidance up while maintaining it. If you aren't doing this, you're taking a lot of damage you shouldn't be.
    How are you getting full CTC with only 346 gear?

I've got a mix of 346 through 359 and have reforged everthing into avoidance stats as well as using a lot of puissant dream emeralds for extra mastery and I'm at about 85% CTC.

What else can I do to get more coverage?

Thanks for checking out the site!

We did reference Theck's work while creating Mr. Robot and we had some interaction with him as well to hammer out the bugs. I think you will find that Mr. Robot is the most accurate tank optimizer out there - we take into account all the intricacies of diminishing returns for you!

There are no easy rules of thumb for gearing tanks - as you can see from the amount of advanced math folks like Theck have provided for us. This is why a tool like Mr. Robot is so helpful!

Re: Porcelain Crab - it is ranked so high for tanks because it is one of the only trinkets with two avoidance stats (passive and proc). If you increased the weight for stamina on our defaults (which many people choose to do), you will start to see some of the other trinkets pull ahead. We don't weight stamina very high by default because most people are not doing heroic modes where that extra HP is more useful/critical.
    Mr. Robot Developer and Designer.

Follow Mr. Robot on Twitter or Facebook for updates, feature releases, bug fixes.