10+ Year Old Account

[Music] Master of puppets, video

So, some of my friends had a small task at school. They were going to make a music video! So they decided that the awesome song "Master of Puppets" by Metallica, was in need of one of these, therefore they chose this song. They've worked quite alot with it, and the finished product, I have to say, is quite good! They havent gotten their grade yet, but it's on a scale from one to six, where six is the best (a grade A).

So now they want your oppinions! Fellow MMO-readers, what do you think?

Here's the video:

Enjoy
    Last edited by marrefar; 2011-06-09 at 04:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Dear Bahumut5 and other moderators trying to make users think I'm a girl, please have a giant cup of go fuck yourself.

Long reader, new poster, but I felt for leaving a comment on this one!

I like the way they made up the story from the song text. The doll was also pretty cool imo! However I might think they should fix a bit on the sync some places. It´s not that bad but it could have been better in the first half of the song at least. All in all it's a thumbs up from me

Btw it´s shame they cut down the original song But I guess it was a little too long...

Do you know if they have plans for making more Metallica videos in the future? I´m a huge fan :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the original song is abit too long for them to make a full video, it requires alot of editing and they just didn't have the time to do it! Sad but true (pun intended)

Also, I'm not sure if they are going to make more videos on Metallica songs, but they are going to go one more year at school, so I'd like them to! I can try to convince them of making more if you like though :P

---------- Post added 2011-06-09 at 07:52 PM ----------

Doing a quick bump to see other peoples opinions. :P
    Dear Bahumut5 and other moderators trying to make users think I'm a girl, please have a giant cup of go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by marrefar View Post
    Yeah, the original song is abit too long for them to make a full video, it requires alot of editing and they just didn't have the time to do it! Sad but true (pun intended)

Also, I'm not sure if they are going to make more videos on Metallica songs, but they are going to go one more year at school, so I'd like them to! I can try to convince them of making more if you like though :P

---------- Post added 2011-06-09 at 07:52 PM ----------

Doing a quick bump to see other peoples opinions. :P
    hehe, very sad indeed However if they decide to make another they should consider picking Sanitarium, probably my favorite Metallica song of all time. Remember one concert back in 98´, truly epic! In that case I´ll be the first one to watch it

I´m not much of a film geek, but what equipment did they use, expensive? Really liked the look and feel of the colors in woods, where the guy was crying.

I think (without watching the film first), that even for a school project this ain't entirely legal

Heard of someone from a school nearby wanting to make a film from a Lady Gaga song and they had to pay 20.000 Norwegian crowns (roughly 4.000 dollars).

I doubt Metallica (or Lars Ulrich at least x) ) would allow this for less

Not a bad video, but the chubby bassplayer kid ruins it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say 4/6, good video but those drug parts didnt seem to fit in my head. Also if they are intending to do this as if they are the band, they should use more plain shirts or just Metallica ones. That F CK one kept distracting me

Oh and also, for some reason, the drummer hits the crashes without the proper feel. He plays all the song very well, but when he does a crash it just looks too plain, he could do it in a more "RAAAAAAGGGEEE" attitude ^^

Those are where I got the 2 pts off
    Nice video overall
    Last edited by Shadock; 2011-06-09 at 10:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    Good fight Thrall, oh btw, your wife is pregnant. SURPRISE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sitrox View Post
    hehe, very sad indeed However if they decide to make another they should consider picking Sanitarium, probably my favorite Metallica song of all time. Remember one concert back in 98´, truly epic! In that case I´ll be the first one to watch it

I´m not much of a film geek, but what equipment did they use, expensive? Really liked the look and feel of the colors in woods, where the guy was crying.
    Hehe, I'll check with them if they'll make a Sanatarium video for ya! Also I'm not sure what equipment they used, but I'll check with them as soon as I get the chance

@ ChildeRoland, I'm not sure about this :S Kinda gives me the chills...

@ PeggyBundy, Hehe, yeah, he gets abit carried away sometimes :P He likes beeing infront of the camera, and when he gets a comment that tells him he looks abit like the current bass player, that doesnt help... It's just the way he is :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    I think (without watching the film first), that even for a school project this ain't entirely legal

Heard of someone from a school nearby wanting to make a film from a Lady Gaga song and they had to pay 20.000 Norwegian crowns (roughly 4.000 dollars).

I doubt Metallica (or Lars Ulrich at least x) ) would allow this for less
    Yeah, if you expect this to go big, check your legalities. But otherwise, nice vid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kardezar View Post
    Yeah, if you expect this to go big, check your legalities. But otherwise, nice vid.
    Haha, doubt it'll ever be found x) But I was thinking theory It's not actually completely legal.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    Haha, doubt it'll ever be found x) But I was thinking theory It's not actually completely legal.
    I find it kinda sad that some school students would have to pay that much to make a "legal" music video for a band they enjoy. I mean it's not like they make any money out of it. It should be considered like fan art or something. Chargeing students 4000 dollars, come on. That's insane! With that said I doubt they get into any problems, unless they get a crazy amount of views

That was just embarrasingly awful.. omg.

1) No video recording skills whatsoever.
    2) No light-settings that are remotely proper to reflect on this song.
    3) Drugs? WTF? Are you joking?
    4) Two people singing at the same time where clearly only one persons voice can be heard?
    5) There has been zero thought to this video. There's no message coming across, all you've done is put some cocaine, pointless facial expressions and some unsynced instrument playing together with a legendary song (which in my opinion is just embarrasing at this level of skill)

Honestly, I'd rather watch some Big Brother (yes, I'd go that far) then watch this again. I'm sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier10101
    Yep, humans went around in those days casting balls of nature and stars at each other, and healing each other on the battlefield with thrown leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

As far as i know they have changed the song, as in edited the lenght, which makes it fall under artistic interpretation and a remix, which isnt copyright infringing i believe? I may be wrong ofc

Also, NOK norwegian currency is still spelled "Norwegian Kroner" in english

---------- Post added 2011-06-12 at 02:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kpoof View Post

4) Two people singing at the same time where clearly only one persons voice can be heard?
    5) There has been zero thought to this video. There's no message coming across, all you've done is put some cocaine, pointless facial expressions and some unsynced instrument playing together with a legendary song (which in my opinion is just embarrasing at this level of skill)

Honestly, I'd rather watch some Big Brother (yes, I'd go that far) then watch this again. I'm sorry.
    Especially agree with this post. I mean it could definately been handled with a bit more thought that this..

10+ Year Old Account

Lawl, you expecting a fuckin Scorsese film from some kids?

Anyways, I like how the bass kid was somewhat attempting to imitate Trujillo(mtallicas bass player) and that they all appear to actually know how to play the song on their instruments.
    "Ok, fuck it, I lied. It's drum and bass."

10+ Year Old Account

Ah, I see your post, and that's your opinion. You have to take into consideration that these guys are 17 years old, and still learning And they are all reading this thread aswell, but don't have an MMO-champ user, so they'll take your post and think about it. Hopefully it'll improve their next movie So thanks for your input.

Also, to the drug part, that's their interpretation of the song. A puppetmaster affecting his puppet (like a voodoo doll), wich then again affects some random guy. It's been put in quite alot of work here, but they were short on time, so a month more would defenately make the best out of the vid

Again, thanks for your and everyone elses feedback
    Last edited by marrefar; 2011-06-12 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Grammar