Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Trip to Yosemite

Hello there! I found out yesterday that my boyfriend's aunt got reservations for a campsite in September and having never been before, I wanted to see if anyone out there had some tips for us so we can help plan our stay to make as interesting and hazard-free as possible. I plan on reading up on some sites about popular things to see, safety precautions rules and such, but I would really appreciate some first hand experience and opinions too as I have always found website pointers to be very touristy and bland. All I know about the trip so far is that we're staying at a campsite for 4 days that is 2 miles away from a giant sequoia grove that we plan to hike through. The rest is to be planned and I really wish to be well-prepared.

What are some "must see" things in Yosemite?
    What types of general rules and safety precautions are in place that must be known?
    I read that visitors should expect sudden weather changes but I'm not sure how drastic it is. Would it be ideal to pack for possible rain in September?
    What have your experiences with Yosemite been like?
    Anything else?

Swoon
    Might I recommend the double rainbow. Just look to the heavens for it. Its a double rainbow, ohmygawd.