Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Try to listen more than you talk. Most girls/women just want to be understood, and know that someone is there for them & cares, whereas most guys just want to try and 'solve problems' and offer advice.
    As others have said, just try to be available to her as much as you can, and don't try to offer too many solutions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just let her know that you're there for her, which is all you can really do when she's being irrational and crazy. Hopefully she'll get it out of her system and at least want you to be around her soon, but either way forcing things is not in your favor. Just let her be and give her the space she wants. It's frustrating in a way knowing you can't help your significant other fix themselves or make them need you, but that's the name of the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Moved to off-topic.

The trolling in this thread is unacceptable; cut it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Be there. She doesnt want you to ask her if she wants you there, got it ?
    That sounds like a plan to me.
    "The truth, my goal."

All she needs to do is:
    1. Travel to northrend
    2. Beat Arthas to the punch finding Frostmourne
    3.Rez dead horse

It will even come back with wings. I see no potential problems with this idea.

OT: That really sucks. Just look out for her and make sure she knows you are there if she needs you. Grief is a funny thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Moved to off-topic.

The trolling in this thread is unacceptable; cut it out.
    Ooh a semi-colon. Don't see them every day

Edit- Dammit, was hoping it was fast enough to meld into my previous post as an edit, oh well.
    "The truth, my goal."

Deleted
    You might want to head over to her place if she just turned her phone off, just in case.. no matter what it'll show that you care

Not the best idea to request advice like this in a community thick with internet trolls and prepubescent boys and girls.

The best advice you'll get anywhere has already been posted though. Make it clear you're there for her, and just basically BE there for her. There's not much need to say anything at all.

Also, even though they're annoying little trolls, try to have some tact on here. Telling people off because they don't share your views on animals is no more mature than their replies.

Her horse dying is not the end of the world, she will get over it and when she does you should be by her side. Just show her support, do what you can and just wait it out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthos View Post
    tell her to suck it up its just an animal, shes lucky its not her mother or father
    You're a terrible person.

To the OP, Support her, go over there and surprise her with something, a gift, something she's wanted for a while, something she loves that you've paid attention to but have not gotten her yet.

If she turned off her phone, go there NOW, I don't know how far you live, or your form of travel, but you need to get there. She needs you now more than ever, even if she tells you to go away still be there for her. She'll be sure to want someone to get through to her and no better person than you.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    tell her to suck it up its just an animal, shes lucky its not her mother or father
    Do the right thing and dont listen to this guy talking out of his ass.

DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT SAYING ITS JUST AN ANIMAL, if you do, youre probably going to get a huge ear load and how you are so insensitive and dont understand etc.

Do your best to be around her and make her feel better, not sure if you have had a pet in the past but its terrible when they die/get put down, its like losing a family member. Keep comforting her. Might want to add in that the horse would suffer if it was still alive so putting it down is the best thing to do.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let her know you're there for her but don't push it. If she doesn't want to talk, or doesn't want to be around you, don't push it. Judging from your first post and how you say she just keeps talking about how she wants to die, she's a bit dramatic and may very well be overreacting - but keep tabs on her just to be sure. Just be extra sweet to her without being annoying, be sympathetic even if you have to fake it. Remind her you're there for her if she needs you, but don't push it. If ever there was a time for random acts of sweetness, this is it.

If she doesn't want you there when the horse is put to sleep, don't go. She flat out refused to have you there? Do not go. If she wants you to go with her, she'll tell you, and then you can go, but if she said no.. Don't. Trust me, don't. There is a reason she flat-out refused when you offered to go with her. Ignore what these guys are saying, respect her wish in that matter.

If you think she may be suicidal, definitely do something about that - if you gotta commit her, do it. She is definitely overreacting with that particular attitude and she could very well be bluffing, but hey. If you think there is the slightest chance.

I was in a similar situation recently - the horse I'd been caring for and riding was sold without warning very recently, and I was lucky she wasn't shipping until the next night so I was able to go and say goodbye, but I know what it's like.. I know. It's a very similar feeling to losing a dog; it kinda feels like like losing a limb.

If you never grow an attachment to the horse, it doesn't hurt when they're put down. That is the difference between growing up on a farm that has horses and being an actual horse owner.

Threads like this make me wonder sometimes if people just roam various sites on the internet looking for threads that may be off-topic, just so they can chime in with some snippy comment about it.

I agree that you should go console her. It's tough losing any kind of pet and it helps to have someone to share the pain with.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is great, if your aim is to be a terrible person and an ex-boyfriend.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

As was already said, respect her wish and do not go if she told you she doesn't want you there. It could be that she doesn't want you to see her go to pieces and so hurt.

It may be a good idea to look around and see if you can find a stuffed horse that looks like her horse. It'll be a small comfort, but it's still a comfort. And most of all, it'll show her that you care so she'll calm down and realize there's still things worth living for.

Deleted
    The best thing to do in a situation like this is firstly seek immediate help from a psychiatrist as this will not only effect her but will also have an effect on you secondly all you can do is be completley supportive and back her up 100% even though at the moment it seems a bit tough sooner or later the calm after the storm will come.

From your 1st post, it looks like your girlfriend is as psyko as your mother and will drink a lot tonight.

User was infracted for this post.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-06-09 at 11:08 PM.

Well she's at the clinic right now and i have no way to figure where that is. So i have no way to get to her. She's with her mother at the moment, so i am not so worried about her doing soemthing irrational, but i just am concerned about what's gonna happen next.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alinaya View Post
    It may be a good idea to look around and see if you can find a stuffed horse that looks like her horse. It'll be a small comfort, but it's still a comfort. And most of all, it'll show her that you care so she'll calm down and realize there's still things worth living for.
    This. Try doing this. Surprise her with it. If you can find a stuffed horse that looks kinda like her horse, and you can surprise her with it - maybe go to her house when she isn't there, leave it in her room with a small handwritten note for her to find when she gets back - it may lighten her up a little.