Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I realized I'm incredibly hypocritical.
    "Respect people's opinions."
    "LEDS LOOK LIKE SHIT BLARGH!"
    :< That doesn't look as bad as say computers that light a full room due to too many LED's. It shouldn't look like a rainbow inside of your computer case...

15+ Year Old Account
    I have a Ximatek Bat Man in my system. Well, Bat Man, Dark Knight... whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Knight.
    IMO, a pretty-fied version of the Hyper 212+/ I'd buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    :< That doesn't look as bad as say computers that light a full room due to too many LED's. It shouldn't look like a rainbow inside of your computer case...
    Lol, glad you caught that.

I didn't mean deck out the whole computer with obnoxious flashing LEDs. Guess I could have worded it better, but I meant taking a simple component, and adding a small amount of glow to it will make it look "cooler".

Going overboard with anything is stupid though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwntatoes View Post
    I told my friend I was going to McDonalds, but I actually went to Burger King. Kind of rude, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by synthetikv View Post
    Bring her some ribbon candy and worthers original. Old Bitches love ribbon candy and worthers original.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by r3nd View Post
    Lol, glad you caught that.

I didn't mean deck out the whole computer with obnoxious flashing LEDs. Guess I could have worded it better, but I meant taking a simple component, and adding a small amount of glow to it will make it look "cooler".

Going overboard with anything is stupid though.
    I like UV reactive parts with a single blacklight the best. When I reassemble my Define XL, I'll post Screens up.

I like UV reactive parts with a single blacklight the best. When I reassemble my Define XL, I'll post Screens up.
    I have UV cathodes in mine, still not enough with how large the case is.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

HEY SIR WHAT IF PEOPLE LIKE RAINBOWS! i personally like finding the pot of gold in the corner of my room.

Ill just drop this here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aww, sad nobody mentioned this little beasts yet...I give you, the Zalman CNPS9000 series:

CNPS9500ALED:

CNPS9700NT:

CNPS9900 NT:

The whole CNPS9000 series were essentially the best air coolers of their time, easily overtaking Noctua or any other brand/model...and IMO they looked prety sexy too
    I was soooo close to buying one but decided to go with the Hyper212 instead because you can stick almost any fan on it.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-06-10 at 03:10 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Do they come with glass, or do they rest on your RAM?

Only works with Vengeance RAM!
    I laughed so fucking hard at your comment it's incredible. Gotta love Corsair RAM heatsinks LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by WireRabbit View Post
    HEY SIR WHAT IF PEOPLE LIKE RAINBOWS! i personally like finding the pot of gold in the corner of my room.

Ill just drop this here.

im really really curious about this case do ou have a link or a way i could make one

Quote Originally Posted by dumathoinn View Post
    im really really curious about this case do ou have a link or a way i could make one
    Use mineral water. Success

10+ Year Old Account
    its a computer in a fish tank filled with mineral oil

its 10x more trouble then its worth and provides no added cooling benefit or noise reduction as you have to add massive radiators/fans to run the computer for more then 8-12 hours

if you have alot (and i mean alot) of spare cash, there is a company that makes computers using full submersion:
    http://www.hardcorecomputer.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Use mineral water. Success
    well i know what its sitting in but i wanna know the the case it self is prefab or do i have to make one

I miss the Alpha PEP66:

With a 7000rpm 60mm Delta black label fan.
    Moonkin maybe looking for raiding guild.
    Q6600 @ 3.0GHz | Abit IP35 Pro | 8GB DDR2 | XFX GTX 260 | Crucial C300 128GB | Asus Xonar STX | Corsair 550VX | Dell U3011 | IBM Model M | Razer Naga

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    its a computer in a fish tank filled with mineral oil

its 10x more trouble then its worth and provides no added cooling benefit or noise reduction as you have to add massive radiators/fans to run the computer for more then 8-12 hours

if you have alot (and i mean alot) of spare cash, there is a company that makes computers using full submersion:
    http://www.hardcorecomputer.com/index.html

so the full sub in the water doesnt help with cooling? how is this

http://www.pugetsystems.com/submerged.php
    Moonkin maybe looking for raiding guild.
    Q6600 @ 3.0GHz | Abit IP35 Pro | 8GB DDR2 | XFX GTX 260 | Crucial C300 128GB | Asus Xonar STX | Corsair 550VX | Dell U3011 | IBM Model M | Razer Naga

One, it's mineral OIL not water. Yes the submersion helps with cooling, but being a liquid it's still not as good as metal for transferring heat. So the heatsink helps spread out the head from the tiny CPU heat spreader to make it easier to cool.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

10+ Year Old Account
    so the full sub in the water doesnt help with cooling? how is this
    because after 8-12 hours the oil essentially gets "full" of heat and can remove no more from your computer, so you end up needing usually a 3x2x120 radiator externally mounted and 6 fans

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Aww, sad nobody mentioned this little beasts yet...I give you, the Zalman CNPS9000 series:

CNPS9500ALED:
    I remember cutting my fingers on those fins many times :s

Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    One, it's mineral OIL not water. Yes the submersion helps with cooling, but being a liquid it's still not as good as metal for transferring heat. So the heatsink helps spread out the head from the tiny CPU heat spreader to make it easier to cool.
    Oil, water. Its all a liquid!