Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Way to pick out the single person that says do it, and ignore everyone that says don't.
    I only asked for feedback on the CPU/GPU, not asking if its worth buying a new computer (as a backup) or asking to compare to other people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Save your money up and build your own computer use the puppy build here on mmo-champ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sythir View Post
    I only asked for feedback on the CPU/GPU, not asking if its worth buying a new computer (as a backup) or asking to compare to other people.
    I'm saying it's a massive upgrade, but going from shit to crap is hardly worth it.

Im not comparing the computer to a high end one, running wow is fine enough for me. Seeing how i have another PC that has 2 480gtx, and a core i7 960.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not comparing the computer to a high end one, running wow is fine enough for me. Seeing how i have another PC that has 2 480gtx, and a core i7 960.
    Do you not realize that 1 fps to 2 fps is a 200% upgrade?
    You're going from ~15 FPS to ~30FPS, barely playable, but still a 200% upgrade.
    (I'm probably exaggerating the increase you'll obtain, as well.)

---------- Post added 2011-06-10 at 02:22 PM ----------

As i said before its a backup computer, i don't use it often.

Resolution is 1920x1080, last time i hooked it up.

(Its the monitor i use for my main pc)
    How much are you looking to spend?

Also, no, you weren't running World of Warcraft at 60 FPS on low settings with those parts at 1920 x 1080...
    Last edited by Fuzzykins; 2011-06-10 at 07:23 PM.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure we just wanted some context on how you were running 60fps with those specs so we could determine if these 'upgrades' were actually going to do anything for you.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Not sure where you got 15fps from, the PC runs at a higher rate. Seeing how i can get around 35 in combat (60 idle) and going to 45 (75+ idle) seems like a upgrade to me. Even if its a older PC.

---------- Post added 2011-06-10 at 07:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    I'm pretty sure we just wanted some context on how you were running 60fps with those specs so we could determine if these 'upgrades' were actually going to do anything for you.
    I post it again, its a Pentium D 945, 8500gt, 600 PSU, 4GB, Stock motherboard (to lazy to look up name), 1920x1080 resolution

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to throw this out there. If the 8800 doesn't run World of Warcraft on Ultra, the 8500 won't.
    Also, your processor isn't amazing. WoW is mostly CPU reliant. Please, stop...

Stop asking for feedback on the upgrade? Im not trying to run wow on a amazing scale. The only question i had if the upgrade from 8500gt -> 9800Gt was a noticeable upgrade. Same the the CPU upgrade, im answering questions that you are asking. Never said that the PC ran better than most, nor did i say the PC is amazing. Simple Upgrade question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop asking for feedback on the upgrade? Im not trying to run wow on a amazing scale. The only question i had if the upgrade from 8500gt -> 9800Gt was a noticeable upgrade. Same the the CPU upgrade, im answering questions that you are asking. Never said that the PC ran better than most, nor did i say the PC is amazing. Simple Upgrade question.
    Alright, buy it. Waste money on upgrading from older to old.

OP, waste your money all you like. If you want to go from shit to something a tiny less shittier that's fine. However, don't make threads redundantly.

If you're going to ask a question then accept answers will vary. :|

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't do much more than agree with Fuzzy on this, if you are going for such a microscopic ugrade you might aswell keep what you have.

What do you want from him? The upgrade is better yea, But it is barely worth it. you will see a Slight increase

So yes. The cards you compared, Buy it if you want it. It will be a increase, But as mentioned above, You will be going from literally shit, to crap Just save up a bit more and get something better

Alright thx, instead of just upgrading the GPU (50 bucks).. Ill go out and buy a brand new gaming PC as a backup, so when i have company over they can play wow on ultra. while i use my current Pc (Not the one im asking upgrades about) on some options on ultra/high. Thx for the feedback.

Alright thx, instead of just upgrading the GPU (50 bucks).. Ill go out and buy a brand new gaming PC as a backup, so when i have company over they can play wow on ultra. while i use my current Pc (Not the one im asking upgrades about) on some options on ultra/high. Thx for the feedback.
    It's your money, if you believe $50 is worth it to get a better GPU that's actually not very good price/performance wise.
    But we think it's not worth it.

Also, the CPU. Unless you can get one for around $30, it's not worth the money.

It's our opinion, but if you think the upgrade is justified, by all means, do it.
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2011-06-10 at 08:33 PM.

Deleted
    I currently have a Intel Pentium D 945 (4M Cache, 3.40 GHz, 800 MHz FSB) , and am thinking about upgrading to a Intel Duo 2 4700 (2.6 GHz, 2M L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB). Want to know if its a Noticeable upgrade.
    I had a look around after that CPU. And according to what I found, it costs about the same as a Sandy Bridge i5 + decent motherboard. So out of curiosity, how "cheap" are you getting it?

I'd probably do that upgrade for $50 (for both). If you could find a dirt cheap Q6600 (and your motherboard supported it), even better. The $100+ they want on eBay makes me laugh, though.
    Moonkin maybe looking for raiding guild.
    Q6600 @ 3.0GHz | Abit IP35 Pro | 8GB DDR2 | XFX GTX 260 | Crucial C300 128GB | Asus Xonar STX | Corsair 550VX | Dell U3011 | IBM Model M | Razer Naga

I currently have a Intel Pentium D 945 (4M Cache, 3.40 GHz, 800 MHz FSB) , and am thinking about upgrading to a Intel Duo 2 4700 (2.6 GHz, 2M L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB). Want to know if its a Noticeable upgrade.

Also side question, im about to upgrade my GPU 8500gt -> 9800gt (PCI Express). Also want to know if its a noticeable upgrade. Thx
    You will see 15-25 fps increase on average in WoW, I remember when I upgraded from P4 to Core 2 Duo and from 7600GT to 9600GTX+.

Offtopic: If you get those parts for less than 80$, go for it, it is just a backup computer, would be epic fail to buy a sandy bridge on a backup computer.